• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

68 Characters in 9.5 hours - a VERY busy MNSSHP

Thank you everyone for your amazing words - I was bummed we were going to a party so late in the season, but it worked out to time it after the new FLE opened!!

1) Were there two meet and greets for Mickey and Minnie? I see take 1 and take 2 and two different sets of costumes. Is there more than one queue for them in TST?

2) What does it mean that photopass wasn't working but they were there....for the Pooh meet and greet?

3) Why did you want to wait until 9pm to see the princesses, thus letting families in front of you until it was 9pm? Is there a switchover of characters at that point?

Thanks again for sharing your experiences and wonderful photos. Prop up your feet today after all that walking! :goodvibes

1) One line, so you take your chances going through a second time for different costumes. They flip back and forth all night long.

2) Their camera wasn't linking up to the system, so they couldn't take photos. Some Guests choose to wait for PP, but I was already there 10 min longer than I had planned so we didn't worry about it.

3) I had a date with one of the Princes and didn't want to show up too early ;)

Great report on your quest! Did you use a map to find all the characters?

Map? Nope, I don't need no stinkin' map. :rotfl2:

But seriously, no, I already knew where everyone was going to be.

What a fantastic night! And I am so glad you opted for your practical shoes for all that running over those red heels from Friday! ;)

HAHA!! So true!

Must have been a dead night at the party looking at your wait times.
And seeing your photos reminded me...we were stuck in Woody's dance party for over an hour due to rain on the 30th, and he was the only character out. Jessie was out for maybe 5 minutes then had some issue and disappeared (never came back while we were there) and Bullseye never showed. We popped in a while on the 28th and never saw Bullseye then either. Total dud.

Oh wow - that's rare. Typically Jessie & Wood are out all night... but Bullseye is on/off for 30 minutes.

I actually saw you as you were leaving the Goofy/Donald meet in Storybook Circus... I remember the costume

Haha - that's awesome

Great pictures! I have 2 quesions - so Minnie was greeting at TST and PSS? Or is PSS closed during parties? And will you be doing a report from MVMCP? (I guess that is 3 questions, lol.)

Thanks, as always.

1) Yes - she was meeting in both places, PSS is open during the party.

2) Not currently planning on it, I'm not a huge fan of MVMCP; but who knows, I may change my mind.

Im. Press. Ive.

I've got a question - what or how do you get a pre-arranged photo shoot?

Friends :)

I contacted a person I know that works at the Parade, who forwarded me to a Leader, who forwarded me to another Leader... I wasn't even sure if it was actually going to happen but it all came together in the end!

How were the Mix & Mingle greets handled last night? They were a madhouse when I was there. I'm going to guess Mickey & Minnie switch costumes every half hour? Princess room is the same 3 the whole party (Snow White, Cinderella & Rapunzel).

They were managed normally (at least how I remember them from the past several years), mad house until the lines form, then there were 2 people who walked around announcing the countdown to the end of the sets. We figured out it was timed to the music... When Poor Unfortunate Souls came on they announced 5 minutes, and when Ariel starts singing in the song it became 2 minutes, when the song ends the Characters go away.

Mickey & Minnie are not timed to the half hour, that's more luck of the draw.

Yes - same Princesses/Princes all night.

Wow!! THAT was a great night! Makes me miss MNSSHP this year - but we alternate each year now with MVMCP.
Thanks for sharing the timing and all the great pics!:goodvibes

That's the best collection of character pictures I've seen here.
You must have broken some sort of record!
I think you have the coolest collection of photos! Looks like you had big fun.

Had a great time at MNSSHP yesterday, we started meeting characters at 2:30:

We met 3 Characters between 2:30-4:00.
We met 9 Characters between 4:00-7:00.
We met 56 Characters during the actual party 7:00-12:00.

We only missed 5 party characters:
  • Ariel and Belle in the New Fantasyland.
  • Aladdin and Abu meet and greet.
  • Snow Queen following Villains Mix 'n Mingle.

Whole report, with images, wait times, etc is here:

MNSSHP CHARACTER REPORT - OCTOBER 14, 2012

My favorite photo:
Foul%3AGid.jpg

I'm so jealous! I can't wait to read all about it.

Friends :)

I contacted a person I know that works at the Parade, who forwarded me to a Leader, who forwarded me to another Leader... I wasn't even sure if it was actually going to happen but it all came together in the end!

Nice. Thanks for GREAT friends!!! Good for you!

Omg! I totally remember seeing you all there leaving the Dwarves line ....too funny! You all were definitely more ambitious than us!! Congrats!!

Bummer I didn't know PSS was open....I would've dragged the husband there too...haha

Wow! That is quite a haul on the characters! I can't believe how short your wait times were. We were at the 9/14 party and waited about almost an hour for jack sparrow --line was short but moved SLOWLY!! --and probably about 40mins for Tarzan and crowd. I so wanted to get M&M in their alternate outfits but it didn't happen for us. Next year, can we tag along with you?? You seem to have it wired!!! :yay:

Wow! That is quite a haul on the characters! I can't believe how short your wait times were. We were at the 9/14 party and waited about almost an hour for jack sparrow --line was short but moved SLOWLY!! --and probably about 40mins for Tarzan and crowd. I so wanted to get M&M in their alternate outfits but it didn't happen for us. Next year, can we tag along with you?? You seem to have it wired!!! :yay:

That's the best collection of character pictures I've seen here.
You must have broken some sort of record!
I think you have the coolest collection of photos! Looks like you had big fun.

Thank you - I love trying to think of new and innovative poses with characters to keep things more exciting!

Omg! I totally remember seeing you all there leaving the Dwarves line ....too funny!

That's awesome!! We were luckily they came out a little early!

Having some inside info helps with timing as well... I'd love to go to earlier parties but I find all the other Character Hunters go in September, so we opt for a later party date which tends to give us shorter lines. I only party on Sun/Mon/Tue to avoid lines as well.

You seemed to have been on a similar rotation as we were.... yall seemed to be a few people ahead of us all night. That and I had to keep one son happy with rides and candy :)

I was also very happy about the Dwarfs coming out early. It helped appease my kiddos.

Of course we didnt get nearly that many in that timespan, but we got a chance to fill in some holes in our photo album.

The one that still alludes us is Br'er Bear! I guess when we go back in a few years we can try again :(

We did get Piglet to sign our book. A CM took it to the break room with her. I had good Disney karma for letting about 10 families in front of us in the line.

you should submit this to kennythepirate . c o m... he has challenges and record for character meets that he keeps track of!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter