61 days till our first dvc trip

mickey1979

Earning My Ears
Our first dvc trip is just 61 days away or just 60 days when I wake up in the morning. This is in feb. How was your first trip ( on dvc points) and how have your trips been sense?

Saw on another thread a line that resonated ... DVC changes the way you vacation the way driving a Corvette changes your commute to work. We didn't need to anticipate too much since we bought in mid-June, the resort opened in October and we had our first stay in early November. The pictures I have of my DS5's face in that room that first year are priceless ... now its becoming old hat for him. :rotfl:
I couldn't believe that staying at a Deluxe property with the proximity and amenities were something we could afford, and am awed by this every time we check in though we're starting to adjust. ;)
Beware, each trip you'll want to stay a little longer or in a larger room and addonitis will set in quickly. We've definitely become more relaxed about the way we do the parks, used to try to open and close the park, run to the various rides, and now some days we do 10-15 rides, other days we sleep in and only cover half a dozen and wander around the parks and enjoy the pool time and resort and naps!
Being able to cook has also been great, definitely reduced our dining bill. Have been adjusting our grocery order each year and now we have it perfect to where we eat all the groceries before we check out. :thumbsup2
Enjoy your first trip as DVC members!

We had our first DVC stay last month at BWV. We are going to SSR next month and then I am going alone with DD in June. I would never in a million year plan trips like this if it wasn't for DVC. I found the OCT trip so relaxing because I knew I would be back. I also don't find myself planning every second of our trip because I know we will back soon....I just need to stop going to WDW so I can save points to go to Hawaii or California!

First DVC stay was 6 years ago at and OKW one bedroom! i've been spoiled ever since! :lovestruc Enjoy your up coming trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter