$6000.....Sticker Shock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: LOL!!!! Brett......I would say I feel your pain.......but if I was you I would be on the floor passed out from cardiac failure when I got my bill:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: .

Unfortunatley we cant add any kids to our room we are a family of 4.
Do the cat 11's have connecting rooms?
I was checking prices on All Seas and if you can get 2 cat 11 connecting rooms you could get a price for about 4k with 2 people in one room and 3 in another......

Brett you know misery loves company.......BTW I have always wondered what it costs to cruise in the Best Suite....care to share??? It can't be worse than cruiseing on the Q.E, 2 I think those cabins are going for 30k:hyper: :hyper:

KC

Originally posted by MiaSRN62
Wow....I think this is terrific for July---is this for a family of 5 ?
I booked in March '03 for a 7 night Western in Nov '04 for our family of 5. Got final price of $4,093.85 for two connecting SPH cat 10's from DU. I just find it unusual that my off-season price is higher than CheapMom's summer rate. Good find.
YES- that would be a good deal- but the OP said Sept of 05 not July- I just marked the wrong date on my post- duh-so that is why it sounds so cheap. Ah wouldn't it be nice if those were the July prices- imagine how affordable the off season would be!:D

2 cat 11 connecting rooms you could get a price for about 4k with 2 people in one room and 3 in another......
You need to get category 10 or above to get connecting cabins.

cheap mom, I think 4k is more doable. From the responses I am seeing sounds like 6k is not as bad a shock as some of you recieve.
How do you all budget for those 10k cruises???
I'm strapped for a 3k cruise.

KC:smooth:

I just marked the wrong date on my post- duh-so that is why it sounds so cheap. Ah wouldn't it be nice if those were the July prices- imagine how affordable the off season would be!
Phooey ! I was so hoping that was true---that would be fantastic, but alas, it was a typo :sad2:

I am doing 5 people on the 4 night in early December (cat 4) and it costing $2624. I feel guilty for spending this much on a vacation. I dream of someday being able to do the 7 night but I don't think we could ever afford it.
Anyone whose price tag goes into 5 figures, I feel for you- ouch! At the same time I'm happy for you that you can afford it.:D

My family of 5 and my mom are sailing 10/2/04 and we paid $2180 a cabin for 2 category 12 guarantee cabins. We are hoping for an upgrade but the six of us are on the ship for under $5000. We booked through Mann Travel www.travelcruises.com.

We have four people, two each in two adjoining cat 9 rooms.

Almost exactly $6,000.

You do get what you pay for, though.

Jim

Cheap mom you go girl!!!!::yes:: ::yes::

I totally agree the cruise is SO worth it. I was bummed for a month after they "kicked" us off the wonder last sept, and that was only a 3 day cruise. I can't wait for our 7 day.

It is hard though convincing another family who have never cruised before (they do love disney though) that YES it IS worth 4,000. I know before our first time I was sceptical.

I just wish we could afford to go more than every couple of years.

Lets hope DCL has a heart and lowers the prices

::yes:: ::yes::
KC

I just wish we could afford to go more than every couple of years.
That would be great but i think that if you can only go evry 4 years or whatever- that kind of makes it even more special. I know my 1 and only trip to WDW as a child is what I have always regarded as the most wonderful vacation of my childhood. So even though we can't afford to go more often that is the bright side I see.

So right cheap mom. I do know of a family who go on fabulous family vacations a couple times a year and the kids get spoiled. They really start taking it for granted. You always have to find something bigger and better to do next time.

part of the fun of going is having that antisipation.

I'm just so happy to be able to give my kids a wonderful trip every so often, with wonderful small trips inbetween.
The looks on their faces during our last DCL cruise filled my moms heart with joy.

KC

Originally posted by tink5
I would love the collect the memories that Brett will have from his cat 1. (not the bill ~ just the memories):laughing: :laughing:

Nice, Tink...I'll save some memories for you...and the credit card bill if you really want it!!

- Brett

Originally posted by kcatoir
BTW I have always wondered what it costs to cruise in the Best Suite....care to share??? It can't be worse than cruiseing on the Q.E, 2 I think those cabins are going for 30k:hyper: :hyper:

KC

It's nowhere near that much...but since I'm not picking up the major part of this tab, I can't even tell you.

- Brett

When we started cruising on DCL it was 1999 with all 6 of us. We had 2 cat. 6's and stayed at the Boardwalk plus passes. It was about $2000 per person except for the no. 3 person in each stateroom. The following year was the first 7 day for the Magic and again it was around $2000 per person. This figure includes air, transportation, an overnight at the Airport Hyatt, the cruise fare, and the insurance, port charges. The following year the amount was still the same. The next time we were in a cat. 3 just the three of us since all three boys were in college. Well, the cat. 3 was a bit more but then, we really coldn't leave our daughter in a room by herself and if we did the fare would be a 1 1/2 fare since she would be a single. I think the quote of 6000 sounds correct for a family using 2 staterooms sinced the rates have gone up. Sticker shock, yes, it is. Is it worth it, to us the answer is yes but even we have out amount we won't pay. Kathy

We have prices of 2 CAT 11 rooms family of 5 1900.00 no air all taxes for the 3 day cruise.

We booked a 7 day for this October while on our cruise last October and transferred it to our travel agent. We went with 2 category 11's for our family of 5 for $3450 (no air). Since we booked onboard, we get the $400 ($200 per room) shipboard credit also. I think we did ok.
Regards,
Laura

We are sailing this Saturday on the Magic...Woo Hooo!!!. Its our first disney Cruise. Anyway, we paid 6000 for two rooms for a family of 6. (4 kiddos 8, 10, 10, 12) So souds like you are in the ball park.

I booked 18 month in advance (it goes by real fast) and got a cat 4 for $4500 for a 7 day eastern cruise. It was almost 1/2 price doing it that far in advance through DCL!
We are from the northwest and I found bargin flights to Florida (BTW, if you are from the west coast, fly Delta into Melbourn Fl. way cheaper and a nice quiet airport) but I still spent almost $12,000.00 for our vacation!!!! We stayed at Ron Jon's after the cruise for another 3 days.:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter