60-day Rule

CaptainMidnight

DIS Veteran
I didn't know about the "60-day Rule" and that you can't book and travel to any
Member Getaways destination within the last 60-days of your use-year. I saw this in another forum and thought it was worth passing along.

Originally posted by CaptainMidnight
I didn't know about the "60-day Rule" and that you can't book and travel to any
Member Getaways destination within the last 60-days of your use-year. I saw this in another forum and thought it was worth passing along.

I think most of us learned about this rule the "hard way". I know I did. It does make sense after you read the explanation. MS has to have enough time to rent the equivalent number of room days out for cash to pay for the non-DVC Getaway. Since there usually isn't much availability less than 60 days before arrival (when the points would expire), DVC would have a difficult time recovering the cost of the Getaway. If that happens too often, either the Getaways cost more points, our dues go up or the Getway options themselves go away.

After I "calmed down", I realized if I wanted to book a Getaway near the end of my use year, I just needed to reserve it more than 60 days before the end of my use year. Wouldn't you know it, though? Haven't wanted/needed to book a getway since! :p

And just so it is clarified: you can reserve a Member Getaways trip that takes place in the last 60 days of your use year as long as you call more than 60 days before the end of your use year. The prohibition applies only if you try to call to make a ressie in the last 60 days of your use year for a trip during those last 60 days.

This is one of those things we all need to keep "back of mind". Thanks for bringing it up Captain Midnight. I believe DVC is also trying to bring it up to people as well. I think it was mentioned in the latest VM and it is in one of the "columns" in the new guidebook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter