60 Candles, 30 Million Lights, Best Friends&Family at Disney--Priceless (New 5/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kathy, wishing you and your family a very happy Easter!

easter.jpg

Happy Easter Kathy !!!!! Hope you and your family have a great day.

I missed that you were doing a bit of a PTR here! Sounds like a fun Disney day! Flower and Garden should be fun :goodvibes

I am so glad to hear about Cookie. I know how precious our furbabies are to us.. :hug:

Kathy, I am home sick today from work and what way to feel better than read your trip report??

What an awesome trip you guys had, I love all your trip reports but this one might be my favorite! Loved all the pictures and the video of Nicki surprising Mark at the CSR check in was just priceless.

I am very happy you switched your upcoming reservation, I think you won't be sorry! We have stayed at Pop four times but that was a long time ago, when the kids were younger they loved the values but now at this stage, every time I make a reservation, I end up going to a mod instead!

Have a great time this weekend, Flower and Garden is awesome, you guys will have a great time!

Wanted to wish you a safe and fun trip (and also productive from Mark's view)! :thumbsup2 My DIS time will probably be a little limited over the next few days. Drew is on spring break this week so the soccer coach signed them up for an out of town tournament, so will be heading out around lunchtime to get there. Won't be back home until late Saturday sometime and I know you will already be gone by then.

All of your plans look good, and a lot on the agenda! I hope you have great weather to enjoy while you are there. :goodvibes Of course we have heavy rains predicted for the first day of the tournament, so I expect it to be wet and cold when they play their first soccer game this evening....... :scared:

Kathy - I hope you have an awesome trip! I know that I am almost as excited as you are to get out of town this weekend. HHI is supposed to be 75 and sunny. :cool1:

Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also wanted to add that I am glad Cookie is OK and was able to come back home with you!

Safe travels for you and Mark. I hope you have great weather and an even better time. :goodvibes

I had planned on doing all of my responses and an update to my PTR today at work. Then the Vet called.

As you know, Cookie got a pretty good report from her annual check up last week, despite being almost 15-1/2 and having very little sight, arthritis, etc.

Mark dropped her off this morning to have her teeth cleaned and hair plucked out of her ears. Once they put her under, Dr. John found that her mass had come back (the first was removed in 2011). She has squamous cell carcinoma, a malignant mass. It is encompassing about 1/4 of the left side of her lower jaw. Some of her teeth are being affected by the mass. We were given several options of what we could do. We chose to do nothing. At 15-1/2, we don't want to put her through surgery, radiation, etc. The mass will continue to grow and at some point affect her quality of life. So now we will love and spoil her some more, and when we see her quality of life going downhill, we will make our goodbyes and she will join Grandpa, one of the loves of her life, up in heaven.

Meandcookie_zpsae5a2b3c.jpg

Oh, Kathy....:hug:

I am so sorry the tumor has returned. My heart aches for you and Mark...I pray it is very slow growing and precious Cookie will be comfortable for a long time. Please give one another a hug and kisses to sweet Cookie from me. xoxo

Oh Kathy,

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Thoughts and prayers for comfort during this time.

Nice Picture of the two of you. :goodvibes

Good thoughts and prayers for your precious baby. I know she will be so very loved all the way through this.

Hope you have a fabulous mini-trip!

So sorry to hear that Cookie's lump is back. So sad. I know that you will spoil her and treat her the very best she could ever be treated.

Have a great time in Florida. So sorry this is looming over your trip. It seems it's always something before you go. I wish that trend would end. You definately could use some Disney magic.

Kathy, it breaks my heart to hear about Cookie. With the time you have left, treasure those times and take as many pictures as you can. Today may be tough for you, but you still have some wonderful days left with Cookie.

I am not a big cat fan, but I remember when I was 12 years old my parents bought me a cat (they said no to a dog). I named him Tigger, and to this day I have not loved an animal more. That cat left home with me when I went on my own; was still living when I got married at 22; became my wife's cat for the next 10 years; and after 21 years of life (yes that long) he was diagnosed with kidney failure and didn't have much time left. Those last few months I will never forget them. During those last days Tigger seemed to be telling me that he was always my cat and would cling to me every moment I was at home. I'm convinced he knew the end was near and it was his way of telling me he loved me. I remember the day we finally took him to the vet; the only time I cried that much was when my brother died almost two years ago. I loved that cat and to this day I know it may sound morbid, but I have his ashes stored in a urn.

Kathy, my thoughts are with you and Mark. :hug:

I am so sorry to hear about your puppy :(

We did the same thing with our old Dog Randy. One day I heard him crying as he was walking and that was when I decided to tell everyone it was time. Enjoy your time with her. We found that even when Randy was having a bad day he LOVED boiled hamburger and rice. I bet Cookie would love that with her sore teeth.

I cannot beleive how far behind I got on this. I'm going to try to do replies quickly and then give a rundown of our remaining days for our trip tomorrow.

I too love the chicken pot pie at Cheddars. It's the only thing I order there! Did you know there's one in Bolingbrook? It's pretty close to the promenade.

Your plans sound great! I think you'll find lots of things you might need from the festival. :thumbsup2 My MiL went nuts on the merch last year! Remember there's a lot more stuff in the festival center if you don't see want you want at the kiosks.

Shannon, Mark has already planned on the chicken pot pie...I'll tell him there is another vote for it. Yes, I saw there was one in Bolingbrook. If we like it well enough, we'll have to take Andy and Des there.

I have to remember to go to the Festival Center if we have time.

Love your WDW plans! Boma for breakfast is awesome, dinner - not so much. :rotfl2:
Now I need to check out that Cheddars place that everyone is raving about. :

I've never done Bona for dinner...but you know me, I am very picky. And I know Nicki didn't care for it.

I can't way to try Cheddars tomorrow night.

Naturally. :thumbsup2

:sad2 Not fair at all.

And a very valid reason...he has to drive to Daytona afterwards. :)

Well, if you're only going to let him have one beer at EPCOT, you'd better be doing what he wants. :rolleyes1

I always try to do what he wants...well, within reason (Mission Space is NOT within reason).

Never had breakfast at Boma-only dinner. That juice reminds me of the juice at 'Ohana and Tusker House. Is it the same? If so, YUM!

The juice is similar to Tusker House (Boma's is better). We've never done breakfast at Ohana so don't know.

Somewhere along the line, I missed the update that you're staying at the Dolphin? For some reason, I had that you were staying at Pop for the one night.

We were staying at Pop. But I am just not a value gal and Dolphin is so perfect for going to dinner and going to Epcot that I splurged and paid for it out of my pocket. :)

I am soooo sorry that I've been absent and missed the end of the bday trip. It looks like overall y'all had a lovely trip with family and friends. :goodvibes

It was a lovely trip; thanks Amanda.

And it looks like your April plans are coming right along. Gosh - that will be here so soon! Your breakfast pics of Boma make me want to try that place. Looks so yummy!!

Can't believe we leave tomorrow.

:rotfl2: It does make SO much sense!!

I thought so.

Single digit dancing for you:yay::banana::yay:

Less than 24 hour dancing now.:banana:

I changed too...from WDW to US :confused3 No F&G but express passes ::yes:: which make sense for DH and I since it'll be one park day..and the spring break crowds next week....:scared1: Plus DH can't complain about August at WDW :lovestruc

How many changes is that now? And how many more before August? :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I somehow missed all your PTR updates, as well as your change of resort. What prompted you to switch?

Mel, convienence was the number one reason and I am just not a value gal...I need a more "quiet" resort.

Great update and plans!!

Thanks.

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on The Dolphin, never stayed there but we have considered it many times.

Nicki loves it, so it's worth a try.

LOVE YSH!! The food is amazing.

The food is out of this world and I can already taste my filet.

Love Boma but have only been there for dinner. I have heard great things about their breakfast and that yummy juice. On my list.

You must try breakfast and MY juice.

You are going to enjoy flower and garden at Epcot so much.

I can't wait.

Cheddars is a great restaurant, we ate there several times when we lived in Denver and always ordered something different and it was all so good.

Thanks; I've not decided what I'll have but as of now Mark is having the chicken pot pie.

Very sweet that Mark gets beach time, that will be special indeed. <3

He needs it...especially with the newest news on Cookie.

Glad to hear Cookie had a good weekend! :)

Thanks.

Thank goodness the weather is warming up here and I'm so happy this week is coming to a close, is it me or has this been one heck of a week?!!

Warm, then cold; warm, then cold. Typical Chicago weather.

I must have missed an update, Kathy, because now you'll be at the Dolphin! We stayed there 4 or 5 times when it was brand new (had a special rate TA for $42.50 a ngt, balcony and EPCOT view!). Everyone was so nice....as nice as Disney CMs. The rooms and even halls were Beach theme and it was very well done. Of course that has probably changed over the years. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts now as I have considered it a few times - that resort fee always stops me from booking though. It will be great walking over to International Gateway...or the boat, of course. Enjoy!

That was a huge factor in my decision...being able to walk over.

Obama breakfast.....yum!!!!! Perfect!!

Hmmmm...I am not having Obama for breakfast, nor am I going to O'Hana. I assume you meant Boma. ;)

Cookie has been in my thoughts often and I hope she is just slowing down, nothing serious. Will be sending good thoughts and prayer tomorrow. :goodvibes

Thanks.

So glad Mark will get some beach time. :hug:

Me too.

Disney planning is fun, even when it is not your own. ::yes:: I enjoy seeing the plans of others and thinking about them, when I remember, on a certain day doing something fun while I am at home or school.

It sure is; now I finally get to see F&G.

We've had Boma dinner, but not breakfast. I think I'm one of the few who does not care for the juice at places like Tusker House and Poly, but I pretty much drink water, water, and more water, so most drinks seem super sweet to me.

Yes, if you don't care for sweet drinks, I can see you not enjoying the juice.

Enjoy your sweet Disney dreams until it's time to take off! :woohoo:

Take off in 17 hours. :)

I'm so excited that you are going to the Flower & Garden Festival! You'll love it!!

Thanks, Amy. I promise lots of pictures.

The Dolphin no less mmmmm can't wait to hear about it !!!

I never thought I'd stay there, Rosie, but convenience can't be beat for a one day trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter