• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

6 yr old Drowns in Ship Pool

How very sad. I can only imagine how guilty the older brother will feel if he was left to "keep an eye on his brother". My condolences to all,including the people who tried their best to save the boy. I think it would haunt me forever..

Hits close to home too,as my daughters are 10 and 6. I've already prepared them for the possibility of not spending alot of time in the pool on the Fantasy if it's too crowded. Arriving two days early to give the kids all the pool time they want at the Ron Jon instead. I'll be doing my normal watching the kids like a hawk routine..

That's so sad :-( And it happens everywhere. Hubby is a cardiac intensivist at a children's hospital and had 2 drownings last week - one swimming pool and one bath tub :-(

A ten year left to be responsible of a 6 year old in a pool? I'm afraid to let a 16 year old babysitter watch my daughter in a pool even with a life vest on. It breaks my heart. Not blaming victims at all- just promoting pool safety- but with small children you should be in hugs reach of them in a pool and teach them pool safety, the Stewie the Duck learns how to swim book is great for young kids. http://www.stewietheduck.com/home.cfm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter