6 TS Credits

Christine9125

DIS Veteran
We aren't going until Septmeber, but are trying to plan our meals. This will be our first time on the dining plan and haven't eaten very many TS meals before. What is a not miss while on the dining plan?

TIA

My faves are as follows:

Via Napoli - AMAZING pizza! We had the pepperoni pizza and also the 4 cheese pizza. OMG they were devine!!

Tutto Italia - fantastic pasta. My lasagna was delish.

Chefs de France - The food is pretty good. I loved the apps and dessert. For the main course i had the beef ribs with noodles. keep in mind the beef is boneless and LEAN and incredibly tender. Loved the sauce that came with it. AMAZING.

Crystal Palace breakfast - loved the breakfast lasanga, pooh's puffed french toast, plus the omlette station/made to order eggs. At that station you can also get choc chip pancakes! the atmosphere is gorgeous and characters are wonderful.

Kona cafe has a great bfast. This is another fave of ours. So is Tusker House.

For QS we absolutely LOVE Wolfgang Puck express. OH MY STARS, the food is amazing! Best meal of the trip! It feels like a TS cause they actually serve you the food. Get the meatloaf! so good. Earl/Sandwich is good too, but nothing special. i'd pay out of pocket since its so cheap, not worth using a QS credit for it. Both places are at DTD.

Teppan Edo, TRex, Biergarten are all great choices as well. For signatures, Cali Grill is phenominal. Never disappointed. You will get many responses here. Good luck deciding!

We aren't going until Septmeber, but are trying to plan our meals. This will be our first time on the dining plan and haven't eaten very many TS meals before. What is a not miss while on the dining plan?

TIA

Sci-Fi is awesome! Ate their twice on my last trip! The food and atmosphere are the best!

Ohana at the Poly- youll love the all you can eat brought family style to your table. Starts with bread, then salad, then potstickers, wings, noodles then several types of grilled meats including beef, turkey, shrimp and the finally a bread pudding covered in banana foster sauce and vanilla ice cream! I just made myself hungry!

Sci Fi- you sit in cars like your in a drive through! Too cute! They play old movie clips(sci Fi) ribs were very good as was the reuben and I hear the burgers are great too>

Le Cellier (its 2 TS tho) there mushroom fillet and rissotto is absolutley DELISH! Followed by maple creme brulee.. OMG!!

1900PF breakfast was great lots of variety and LOBSTER EGGS BENEDICT! It was very good! We do dinner here next month for first time.

Chef Mickeys-this gets alot of bad reviews but I will say we had a great experience between the characters and the food!!

Cape May( beach club) has crab legs on their buffet!! Certain days also have fried shrimp and there are always clams..Plus plenty of non seafood items as well!

My favorite CS in the parks (until I try BOG) is Pecos Bills- there burgers and bbq sandwiches and taco salads and chicken wraps are good and the toppings bar makes it even better!

Favorite CS outside parks are both in DTD #1 is WGPE! Its more like a TS but its a CS!! Great pizza, gourmet sandwiches, salads, pastas, bacon wrapped meatloaf, roasted chicken, creme brulee and more!

Earl of Sandwich is great too the sandwiches are much better than Subway or Blimpies or Jersey Mikes! We drive so we always stop here and take sandwiches on the road for the drive home!

My faves are as follows:

Via Napoli - AMAZING pizza! We had the pepperoni pizza and also the 4 cheese pizza. OMG they were devine!!

Chefs de France - The food is pretty good. I loved the apps and dessert. For the main course i had the beef ribs with noodles. keep in mind the beef is boneless and LEAN and incredibly tender. Loved the sauce that came with it. AMAZING.

Crystal Palace breakfast - loved the breakfast lasanga, pooh's puffed french toast, plus the omlette station/made to order eggs. At that station you can also get choc chip pancakes! the atmosphere is gorgeous and characters are wonderful.

For QS we absolutely LOVE Wolfgang Puck express. OH MY STARS, the food is amazing! Best meal of the trip! It feels like a TS cause they actually serve you the food. Get the meatloaf! so good. Earl/Sandwich is good too, but nothing special. i'd pay out of pocket since its so cheap, not worth using a QS credit for it. Both places are at DTD.

Teppan Edo, TRex, Biergarten are all great choices as well. For signatures, Cali Grill is phenominal. Never disappointed. You will get many responses here. Good luck deciding!

Thank you so much, I think we are trying Teppan Edo-we have wanted to go here for years. I forgot about Wolfgang Puck's and we love Earl's, it is our first and last stop ever visit.

Ohana at the Poly- youll love the all you can eat brought family style to your table. Starts with bread, then salad, then potstickers, wings, noodles then several types of grilled meats including beef, turkey, shrimp and the finally a bread pudding covered in banana foster sauce and vanilla ice cream! I just made myself hungry!

Sci Fi- you sit in cars like your in a drive through! Too cute! They play old movie clips(sci Fi) ribs were very good as was the reuben and I hear the burgers are great too>

Le Cellier (its 2 TS tho) there mushroom fillet and rissotto is absolutley DELISH! Followed by maple creme brulee.. OMG!!

1900PF breakfast was great lots of variety and LOBSTER EGGS BENEDICT! It was very good! We do dinner here next month for first time.

Chef Mickeys-this gets alot of bad reviews but I will say we had a great experience between the characters and the food!!

Cape May( beach club) has crab legs on their buffet!! Certain days also have fried shrimp and there are always clams..Plus plenty of non seafood items as well!

My favorite CS in the parks (until I try BOG) is Pecos Bills- there burgers and bbq sandwiches and taco salads and chicken wraps are good and the toppings bar makes it even better!

Favorite CS outside parks are both in DTD #1 is WGPE! Its more like a TS but its a CS!! Great pizza, gourmet sandwiches, salads, pastas, bacon wrapped meatloaf, roasted chicken, creme brulee and more!

Earl of Sandwich is great too the sandwiches are much better than Subway or Blimpies or Jersey Mikes! We drive so we always stop here and take sandwiches on the road for the drive home!

I think Ohana's is on our list, bread pudding-yum. We are staying club level at the poly so that will work for me. We did Cape May last year and loved it, I want it on our list again, but want to make sure we aren't missing anything else.

TIA

For us, can't miss dinners are Boma and Ohana! For breakfast we love Tusker House at Animal Kingdom.

My faves are as follows:

Glad to hear your review of Chefs de France! We are eating there on our next trip in April. I had the beef shortribs at Cinderella's Royal Table on our last visit and they were so tender, they melted in my mouth!

We also love Sci Fi and Via Napoli. We also liked Whispering Canyon. Two places we would not return to are Tony's at MK and Ohana breakfast. Blah.

nkereina said:
We also love Sci Fi and Via Napoli. We also liked Whispering Canyon. Two places we would not return to are Tony's at MK and Ohana breakfast. Blah.

OH YES, Tonys is really bad. I agree. I wouldnt go back no matter how hungry. Id rather starve. As for ohana, I agree, but for dinner. Not impressed with dinner at all. Breakfast was great thou. Loved it.

Forgot to mention about WGPE, make sure you go to the marketplace location. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy SII

TIA

Everybody has their own "don't miss" list. My suggestion is to look at menus and food pictures of places that interest you, see if it's what you'd hope. Then seek out some reviews.

However, take it with a grain of salt... With a departure date of September, menus will most likely change between now and then.

My personal favorite is the Liberty Tree Tavern. First and foremost, the food is fantastic and hearty. Nothing like Thanksgiving dinner any time of the year! But I also love the atmosphere. The theming is amazing if you take a little extra time to check it out!

pixieMandy said:
Glad to hear your review of Chefs de France! We are eating there on our next trip in April. I had the beef shortribs at Cinderella's Royal Table on our last visit and they were so tender, they melted in my mouth!

Oh I love chefs! The food is quite good! I was pleasantly surprised. Seeing Remy was a cute little bonus!

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Funny you should say Sci Fi, my daughter just brought that up, but she can't decide between there and 50's prime time, any thoughts?

I've never eaten at '50s Prime Time, I have a reservation there for this coming January, as well as Sci Fi again

Does your DD not want to go to a Princess meal? Our DS outgrew them at what I thought was too early an age. :( I guess I thought girls would be different. I know I never outgrew them. My favorite was CRT, but it does take 2 TS. Since you don't usually frequent TS restaurants, you probably would prefer all 1 TS meals to take full advantage. That leaves Princess Storybook at Akershus or 1900 PF. PSB is a better value on DDP, but I wouldn't choose based on that alone. I don't think the food at one is that much better than at the other. Personally, I would choose based on characters. The stepmother & stepsisters could be more fun for an older girl or all princesses may be more desirable for a younger girl. 1900 PF breakfast can also be fun for girls.

As you can see, we all have differing opinions on food. It's almost impossible to choose based on recommendations here, unless you know you have similar taste to the particular member making the recommendation. I agree completely with some of the recommendations here & am always puzzled by others. Then there are members that I agree with most of their recommendations, but not all. In the end, I agree with Tropical Winds. It's better to get opinions here, then choose based on the menus & atmosphere you prefer.

Does your DD not want to go to a Princess meal? Our DS outgrew them at what I thought was too early an age. :( I guess I thought girls would be different. I know I never outgrew them. My favorite was CRT, but it does take 2 TS. Since you don't usually frequent TS restaurants, you probably would prefer all 1 TS meals to take full advantage. That leaves Princess Storybook at Akershus or 1900 PF. PSB is a better value on DDP, but I wouldn't choose based on that alone. I don't think the food at one is that much better than at the other. Personally, I would choose based on characters. The stepmother & stepsisters could be more fun for an older girl or all princesses may be more desirable for a younger girl. 1900 PF breakfast can also be fun for girls.

As you can see, we all have differing opinions on food. It's almost impossible to choose based on recommendations here, unless you know you have similar taste to the particular member making the recommendation. I agree completely with some of the recommendations here & am always puzzled by others. Then there are members that I agree with most of their recommendations, but not all. In the end, I agree with Tropical Winds. It's better to get opinions here, then choose based on the menus & atmosphere you prefer.

Guess I should have mentioned she is 21, she loves stitch and eeyore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter