6 People in One Bedroom Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIDisFan

DIS Veteran
Before anyone has a heart attack, my question isn't "Can I cram 6 people into a 1 bedroom villa?"

I've never stayed in one so I don't know how spacious they are. My question is do you think their is room for Disney to add Bedding for 2 additional People if they wanted to in the future?

We are a Family of 5 and have always stayed in a Deluxe and our last trip was 2 rooms at the Pop.

I have heard the running joke that studios are for renters, but for families with small children who won't need a full kitchen what's the difference other than more points. I say families with small children because when my daughters where younger they would all be in the bed with me and my wife anyways (even if they could each have a king bed :rotfl2: ). So having a seperate bedroom wouldn't have done us much good.

Don't you think they could add at least a daybed to take the occupancy up to 5. I just think that if they did this with a few of the 1 bedroom villas at each resort it might help some families out.

MIDisFan said:
I've never stayed in one so I don't know how spacious they are. My question is do you think their is room for Disney to add Bedding for 2 additional People if they wanted to in the future?

Not really. One Bedroom villas have a king-sized bed in the bedroom and a sofabed in the living room. Some people would argue that those accommodations aren't even suitable for more than 2 individuals. ;)

The room types and occupancy limits are written into the POS, so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it to change. DVC will informally allow 5 guests in a One Bedroom (up from the stated limit of 4), but they do not provide any additional bedding, cots, rollaways, etc.

IMO, there's a greater chance of seeing different room sizes in a new resort than retrofitting old ones. However, I suspect this would cause problems in interfacing with trading companies like Interval. The Studio, One Bedroom and Two Bedroom unit types seem to be pretty standard throughout the timeshare industry.

tjkraz said:
... DVC will informally allow 5 guests in a One Bedroom (up from the stated limit of 4), but they do not provide any additional bedding, cots, rollaways, etc.

We were also told this by our guide when we took the tour in 2003, but I didn't want to say that because I know that it can be a touchy subject.

tjkraz said:
IMO, there's a greater chance of seeing different room sizes in a new resort than retrofitting old ones.

This makes sense. I just wasn't sure how large the bedroom portion of the villa was. I didn't know if they could take the King bed out and put in two queens.

Other than OKW, I don't think any of the other DVC 1 bedroom resorts would even have the potential to have room for 6 people. We had 5 people in a one bedroom BCV this summer and I must say, it was crowded. There was barely room for a twin aero bed that we had to prop up against a wall during the day. We said we would avoid that again if at all possible and only did it becuase my niece inTtampa returned from Afghanistan in time to join us for our trip and we couldn't get a 2 bedroom at BCV at that late date.

OKW is the only resort I think you could do this in. The OKW 1 bedroom resorts are 1050 square feet, compared to only 712 sq feet at BW and other resorts. We had 6 people in a one bedroom at the OKW resort and had plenty of room. The living room and kitchen is much more spacious than the other resort one bedrooms. It has a couch, chair and love seat, plenty of room to spare to put a air mattress. As for the other resorts, it probably is going to be a bit tight. You could do it, but you probably are not going to have enough room for everyone to sit. It you have not made your reservation or can change them, you might consider the OKW resort to accomadate your party.

Because it is a hot topic, occupancy discussions on the DVC boards are limited to the thread linked below, where you may continue this discussion if you wish. This thread is closed. DVC Occupancy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter