• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

6 days of DDP, Le Cellier, Teppanyaki, 50's Prime time COMPLETE!!

hopey1kenobi

Mouseketeer
DH and I went to WDW of 6 glorious days in Dec of '06 without the kids for a late anniversary trip. Sorry this review is so late we moved shortly after getting home and has taken me awhile to set down and do it.

Edited my enties to make them easier to read!!

We decided to splurge on this trip and purchased the DDP. It was well worth it and plan to get it on all our upcoming trips. We are going on the Bouceback promotion in August and got the DDP for FREE!!! We are usually pretty cheap but the DDP is well worth the cost. I am going to round up the cost of each meal. Just easier that way. But as you will see getting the DDP was well worth it, we saved over $300 on the dining plan.

Day one:

Sunshine Seasons-Lunch 2 CS $28.00

Chicken Ceaser Salad (me)
Black Forest Ham and Salami Grinder (dh)
Creme Brulee (me)
Cinnamon Roll (dh)
2 cokes

First off we were a little confused about what was and wasn't included on the DDP. DH wanted to get a bag of chips to go with his sammy, but wasn't included and he could have used a sanck credit to get but decided against it. So all he got was sandwich. We learned to ask what exactly is included before ordering. My Chicken cesear was good, I really liked the croutons but thought the Chicken maybe could have been warner, mine was stone cold, but it was very yummy!!! DH sandwich was very tasty, he eat the whole thing in record time, only giving me a little nibble. The dessert/backery counter as Sunshine seasons was great. There was a very wide selection to choose from, donuts to cheescake. My Creme Brulee wasn't really brulee, but more of a sweet custard, DH cinamon roll was out of this world. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a quick snack to tide you over.

Tony's Town Square-Dinner 2 TS $87+$5 we left for extra tip
Calamari (split)
Spinach and Artichole Dip (split)
Spaghetti (dh)
Chicken Florentine (me)
Amaretto Cheesecake (me)
Ice Cream Bomb (dh)

We arrived about 20 minutes early as we were hungry. We found this to be true of all our TS reservations, most were later around 8:00 and by 6:30 we found ourselves ready to eat. Waited about 10 minutes and we were seated. Was suprised as the restaurant was very crowded and not excepting walk-ins. There was confetti and ribbon on our table, we were wearing our Anniversary pins and the restaurant took the inititive to prepare the table without us asking for it. It was a very nice surprise. Anyway onto the food. Our server was very attentive and we had our drinks within 3 minutes of seating down and Tony's Sundried Tomato Basil Pesto dip within 2 minutes of seating down. The tomato dip was out of this world, prefect starter before our appetizers came out. The calamari and Artichoke dip was served with 10 mins. The calamari was crispy and a good portion size, not to salty adn delicious. The artichoke dip was ok, thats more my DH thing than me. He liked it but I thought I could have made better at home. Our entrees came out about 10 minutes after our appetizers, which in my opinion is a good wait inbetween courses. DH said his spaghetti was good, but not great. Tony's is sponsored by Butoni, so it was pretty much Butoni noodles and there Marinara sauce. My Chicken florentine was good. I thought the marsala sauce was a little to sweet mixed with the prociutto, but overall the entree and sides were good. Our server asked us if we were ready for dessert before bringing them out. My Cheescake was delicious, one of the best cheesecakes I have ever had. DH Ice Cream bomb was funny. It's ment to be a kids dessert. The ice cream was good, but started to melt fast. Tony's was good but nothing to rave about. I thought we got our moneys worth and that even though it was really busy we didn't feel rushed. Our server was great, our drinks were never empty and he made us feel special so we left him and extra $5 in cash.

Ok, so on to day two...

DAY Two:

Everything Pop food court-Breakfast 2 CS $17
Adult Breakfast Platter (me)
Croissant Breakfast Sandwich (dh)
2 OJ's

It was late morning for us as we stayed At MK for EMH and didn't get back to the hotel til after midnight. The bacon and eggs for my breakfast were great. I didn't really like the potatoes but thats just me personally, DH had some of my potatoes and thought they were good. DH's sammy was great, he really liked it. My bisquit was a little hard but we were eating at 9:30 and it had probably sat out a little bit. Breakfast was good, but not a great deal for a CS on the DDP. The food court was packed and more than hectic.

Planet Hollywood-Lunch package voucher and OOP $15
Classic Cheeseburger (dh)
Potato Skins (me)
Coke (dh)
Iced Tea (me)

We decided to eat lunch here to use the meal voucher that came with our package. DH used the voucher for a Classic Cheesburger and coke. I had the Potato skins and Iced tea OOP. Wasn't busy at all and our waitress was very attentive, but kind of pushy in wanting us to use a TS credit for my portion of the meal. We had just had a somewhat large breakfast and I wasn't all that hungry, so we begged her off. DH burger was good and my potato skins were better than I had had at PH before. Nothing spectacular about the food but the theming of the restaurant was stellar.

50's Prime Time Cafe-Dinner 2 TS $73
Fried Chicken with Greeen Beans (me)
Meatloaf (dh)
Fried Herb Cheese (me)
Shrinp Cocktail (split)
Coke (dh)
Sour Apple Freeze (me)
Angel Food Cake with Fresh Berries (me)
Smores (dh)

Ok, let me start by saying I had never eaten here and was really looking forward to it. This turned out to be our worst meal the whole trip. :mad: Checked in 20 min prior to PS time and proceeded to wait 35 minutes to be seated. Which was cool because the theming is great and the old tv clips were funny. We were put inbetween 2 large groups of 6-8 each. Took our Cousin a while to get to us and then was not at all into character for the entire meal. It was around 8:00 and I realize he had been working all day, but the tables around us had there servers in character and joking with them. It seemed to me that we were an after thought to our cousin. Our appetizers got to us before our drinks. My herb cheese was interesting, not what I was expecting but VERY good. DH shrimp cocktail was a good size protion and cooked well. So no complaints about the apppetizers. Our drinks arrived about 5 minutes after our appetizers. We waited about 15 more minutes after receiving our drinks to get our entrees. At this point I need a glass of water because my Sour apple freeze was really tart, really good, but really tart. Took our Cousin a good 15 minutes to get me a glass of Ice water. My chicken was really good, better than I had expected but my mashed potatoes were stone cold. I didn't want to send it back, because at that point didn't know when I would get them and if they would be warm. The green beans were delicious. So over all good food, bad potatoes. DH said his meatloaf was good, but the one I make is better. DH mashed potatoes were nice and hot so he shared his with me. We finally get out dessert after our entree plates sat empty on our table for 15 minutes. At this point it was close to 9:00 and we were tired and just wanted to go back to the hotel. My angel food cake was delish and DH Smores were great. Over all the Food was good, but the service sucked. We did not leave a extra tip for out server. I am willing to try 50's Prime time again, the concpet is great, maybe we just had an off night.

4 more days to come......

Looking forward to reading more! Your dining list looks a LOT like my current 'wish list' for Oct :)

also subscribing. I'm not getting any email updates for my other subscriptions!

I just realized that I spelled Teppanyaki wrong in the title thread. I'm sorry i'm a sucky typist and don't proofread that often.

So onto day three!!!!

DAY Three:

Mainstreet Bake Shop-Breakfast 4 Snack Credits $15
Uncrustable (dh)
Coke (dh)
French Toast Loaf (me)
Strawberry and cream Smoothie (me)

This was such a sweet treat. We were not planning on getting breakfast but it smelled so good walking by we couldn't resist. This was the best use of Snack Credits ever!!!!! We had kinda planned on not using our snack credits for anything under $3, so Main street worked out great for us. The smoothie was thick and slightly tangy. The french toast loaf was delish. I want the recipe. Not much to say about DH's breakfast it was an uncrustable and a coke. We found seating at the end of Main Street across from Casey's and watched everyone rush off into the park. I HIGHLY Recommend this place. Don't let the line deceive you, it was out the door when we queued but only took us 7-8 minutes to get to the counter.

Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn-Lunch 2 CS $28
Bacon Double Cheeseburger (dh)
Cheeseburger + bacon (me)
Fries (dh)
Carrots (me)
Coke (dh)
Sprite (me)
4 Peanut Butter Brownie Mousse (only charged for 2)

Casey's used to be my fav CS now it's Pecos Bill's. The line was very busy when we walked in and the seating area was crowded. DH got in line and I scoped out a spot to sit. DH was only in line for 10 total, from getting in line to getting food. The guy behind the register saw my Hubby's Anniversary pin and gave us double desserts!!! :love: There is limited desserts to pick from here, but the Brownie mousse is really good. Just the right size, and we actually got 4 of them!! The real draw here is the fixin's bar, which just made the meal that much greater. The burger would have been fine by itself, but having the fixin's bar made it great!! Both hubby and I really liked our burgers. They were warm and juicy, not dried out at all. The fixin's bar had Freah Lettuce, Sliced tomatoes, Sauteed Onions and mushrooms and I think a cheese sauce, plus pickles, ketchup, mayo, and mustard. If you are a meat eater Pecos Bill's is the place for you!!!!

Wolfgang Puck Cafe-Dinner 2 TS $103 + $10 tip
Spinach and Five cheese dip (split)
Crab Cakes (mostly me)
Pepperoni Pizza (dh)
Macadamia Nut Crusted Breast of Chicken (me)
Creme Brulee Sampler (me)
Cheesecake (dh)
Coke (dh)
Iced Tea (me)

2nd best meal we had on our trip!! We had a really late PS time for this restaurant because we were supposed to go see fantasmic first and then go to dinner, but we caught Fantasmic another night and showed up 2 hours early for a reservation. The hostess said she couldn't fit us in for 45 minutes, so we went over to virgin and bummed around for a bit. We come back 45 minutes later and are seated within 5 minutes. First off this place is gorgeous. We had a good view of the lake and the open kitchen. Our waiter was very attentive and explained what was and wasn't included on the dining plan. He seemed a little let down to find out we are on the dining plan, but our service was impecable. I found out when we got the bill that no matter what you order on the menu Wolfgang Puck Cafe only gets so much money when you use the DDP. So the waiters tip is figured off of that amount which appeared to be $35 a person. So bad Deal for Wolfgang Puck, Awesome deal for us!!! Our service like I said was great, our drinks where never empty, we were not rushed even though it appeared to be a busy nice and our food was sublime. The crab cakes were to die for and the remoulade was slightly spicy, but not overwhelming. DH's dip was fantastic, I could have made a meal out of the parmesan flatbread. DH really enjoyed his pizza and my chicken was to die for. Was crisp and Juicy. I couldn't finish it all and took the leftovers home for a midnight snack. My only complaint is that I wish there was more of the micro green salad. It was meant only as a garnish, but it was damn tasty!! DH's cheesecake was moist and creamy. My Brulee's were heavenly, it was what brulee's were meant to be. This is great value, would be great for kids as well, as long as they aren't running around and screaming. The Cafe is open, so it was rather noisy, but not overwhelming.

Day 4 coming up!!

Looking forward to reading more! Your dining list looks a LOT like my current 'wish list' for Oct :)

We also went to Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki, L'Orignale Alfredo di Roma, Le Cellier, Casey's, Cantina San Angel, and Columbia Harbor House. Those review are coming shortly.

Our list for our August trip is Whispering Canyon, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Le Cellier, 'Ohana, Coral Reef and Mama Melroses. So only repeating Le Cellier from our last trip. Our August trip consists of 6 Kids and 9 Adults so I had to find something for everyone.

Enjoying your reviews, we plan on Wolfgang Puck Cafe for the first time on our next trip!!:goodvibes

Great reviews so far. :goodvibes Sorry to hear about server at 50's PT. :confused3 We've eaten there several times now and the server definitely makes all the difference. Our best server was on our last trip, Cousin Elaine. She was really good with my DD who was about 5-1/2 then. My DD wanted to share a joke with her and so she lead her over to another table to share her "knock knock" joke with our cousins from Illinois (I think). It was also the only time we've had one of the special tables-one with the t.v. at the table. I don't know if it's because this was the only time I had made an ADR or not.

Also, my DD enjoyed the "build your own sundae". My DM and enjoy the pot roast (more than the chicken). Some times we share it.

We plan to go back this Sept., maybe for dinner this time.

Anyway, do try it again, especially since you liked the food :goodvibes

As far as using CS for breakfast, we've decided it's not the best option for us. Most of the time we grab a bite in the room and head off to the parks. We used most of our CS for lunches and our TS for dinners. We did have breakfast one a.m. at Everything POP and enjoyed it. My DD7 had the french toast which was served with brown sugar (instead of powdered). Now that's the way she wants it at home :cloud9: .

Great reviews so far. :goodvibes Sorry to hear about server at 50's PT. :confused3 We've eaten there several times now and the server definitely makes all the difference. Our best server was on our last trip, Cousin Elaine. She was really good with my DD who was about 5-1/2 then. My DD wanted to share a joke with her and so she lead her over to another table to share her "knock knock" joke with our cousins from Illinois (I think). It was also the only time we've had one of the special tables-one with the t.v. at the table. I don't know if it's because this was the only time I had made an ADR or not.

Also, my DD enjoyed the "build your own sundae". My DM and enjoy the pot roast (more than the chicken). Some times we share it.

We plan to go back this Sept., maybe for dinner this time.

Anyway, do try it again, especially since you liked the food :goodvibes

As far as using CS for breakfast, we've decided it's not the best option for us. Most of the time we grab a bite in the room and head off to the parks. We used most of our CS for lunches and our TS for dinners. We did have breakfast one a.m. at Everything POP and enjoyed it. My DD7 had the french toast which was served with brown sugar (instead of powdered). Now that's the way she wants it at home :cloud9: .

Yeah, we learned to just grab a bite in the room or to get a bagel and share it. On our upcoming trip we have a fridge so I think we will get some cereal and milk and not worry about buying breakfast. I want to try 50's again, but DH is very hesitant, he didn;t like it at all. But I think if we bring the kids with us next time, maybe our server will be more into it!!

Onto day 4!!!!

Day Four:

Starring Rolls-Breakfast 2 Snack credits $6

Bagel (split)
Coke (split)

We had an early morning and arrived at MGM 30 minutes before it opened. So after being let in and watching the little preshow they have every morning we decided to try starring rolls, mainly because it was open. We just got a bagel and a coke, DH needed some caffeine. Not a good use of snack credit, but at this point we had only used 4 of our 12 snack credits. The computer was down, so it took them awhile to put our snack credits into the system. Other than the technical glitch service was great. Nothing fantastic, just a bagel and a coke.

Casey's Corner-Lunch 2 CS $22
Hot Dogs x 2
Fries x 2
Cokes x 2
Brownie (split)
Cracker Jacks (split)

What can I say about casey's, except it is Delicious!!! Some people pan it as just a hot dog joint, but the hot dogs and fries are great. I love the little condiment stations they have. The cheese sauce is great, always hot and not spicy!!! This place is always busy, but we hit at the right time and there was only one person in front of us in line. Found a seat next to the railing and fended off the ducks. This is good spot to people watch, gets a little hectic around parade time, but other than that it's great. This a must for every trip. Now only if they had a Casey's in DL :(

L'Orignale Alfredo di Roma-Dinner 2 TS $101+$5 tip
Fettucine Alfredo appetizer (split)
Calamari (split)
Spaghetti (dh)
Tagliolini Alla Vodka con Gamberoni (me)
Coke (dh)
Iced Tea (me)
Strawberry Mousse??? (dh)
Tiramisu (me)

I wasn't really looking forward to this restaurant, I had read mixed reviews and I thought I can get Italian food anywhere. DH is huge fettuccine alfredo fan so I made the PS for him as I had made all the other dining decisions. I was plesantly surprised, the service was great and the food was wonderful. We arrived 15 prior to our PS time. There was a very longline in the courtyard, but we found out that was for the outside walk up patio dining, so we heading inside and checked in. The waiting area and dining rooms were packed. Most of the Italy courtyard was roped off with shrubbery for a private function, so it was a little noisy. Only waited 10 minutes after checking in for a our table which was in the side dining room down a little alcove hallway. That was fine for us as it was a little bit quieter. Our waiter was prompt with our bread and oil and got our drinks in record time. He seemed a little let down when we didn't order any alcohol and told him we were on the dining plan, but again this was the only time he let it show and our service was great. Our appetizer came about 10 minutes after ordering, which was fine with us cause the bread was yummy. The caliamri was cooked perfectly and was a good portion size, I didn't care for the marinara sauce, but that's just me personally, I prefer a creamy aioli with seafood like that. DH lovedthat marinara, but he loves marinara on everything. The fettuccine was really good. The fresh noodles made all the difference. Though it could have maybe used a bit more salt. Our entrees arrived as soon as we were done with our appetizers, I don't know if that was just by chance or planned, but it worked for us. DH's lasagna was a big piece, he loved it and I loved the bite I had!! I wish my lasagna at home could be that good. I loved my pasta, the red vodka sauce had just a little kick to it, but not overpowering. My shrimp were cooked perfectly and were really big. I eat my whole bowl and it was a large bowl!! Our dessert came a about 5 minutes after we were done with our entrees, which was good gave us a little time to digest. I had never had tiramisu before so I have nothing to base it off of, it was good. I thought the espresso soaked lady fingers were a tad bitter, but than espresso is bitter. DH's had the strawberry mousse I think, so will not comment on it, except to say he really enjoyed whatever dessert he had. Ok, back to the service, besides the little let down of the server at the beginning, our service was impeciable. We didn't have to wait for drinks, our courses came out in a timely manner but we didn't feel rushed at all, even though it was obvious that it was a very busy night. So we left an little extra tip for our server. I would recommend this restaurant, but they are closing the end of August, but I can't wait to see what disney puts in there place. The bonus to this evening is that we left the restaurant 10 minutes before Illumnations and found a rare open spot on the rail to watch the show!!

day 5 coming later today!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter