6 days! Happy but Sad...

mtdewhead

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happ
Finally, only 6 days until check in! After a long 292 day countdown (the kids reminded me) we are finally here. Five years ago, we had this same trip planned with our best friends in the world and their two daughters and our kids. At three month out, it had to be cancelled. So much disappointment. We (my best friend, really more like a sister to me) and I decided to try it again. Two weeks ago, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. They set her surgery date for this Friday. She has insisted I still take her girls and let her mother in law take the first week of care. This way they will be cared for and she wont worry about them seeing her in distress. We are all excited but also sad to go without her. I told her that three times is a charm and she and I will take the kids when it's all over next year! Please send pixie dust her way for a speedy recovery and healthy outcome!

Prayers for your DF and I hope you have a wonderful time on vacation. She must really trust you to have you take her kids for her. I know you'll make it a magic vacation for them.

I think that taking her girls is a fabulous idea. You are a great friend! I will pray for her speedy recover....:hug:

Pixie dust to your friend pixiedust And bless you for making this difficult time easier for her and her children. :thumbsup2 I am sure you are right about the 3rd time being the charm :yay: and you all will be enjoying some Disney magic together next year! :cool1:

My prayers are with you and your friend, bringing her kids a a fantastic idea! Have fun make this a great memory for them. A friend of mine had surgery for breast cancer May 18th, she is back to work and looks great! She says it was not as bad as she thought and she is in great spirits. I hope the same for your friend. I am sure next year you will be together in the happiest place on earth!

My prayers are with your friend. My sister had breast cancer and a year later she is doing good. After her treatments she left two weeks later for a cruise and in a year's time since her surgery she has been on 3 cruises. So good luck to your friend. My sister is crazy about cruises and I'm crazy about Disney.

What a good friend you must be. The gift you give to her is so important. Show her girls the magic and take their minds off of their worries at home. My prayers for your friend.:goodvibes

What a wonderful thing for you to do for your friend. My prayers to her for a speedy and healthy recovery and pixiedust: to you both for that awesome future trip awaiting you. Have an awesome time with the kids! :)

Sending prayers for your friend. You are special for still wanting to take her daughters with you. You are giving your friend a great gift, knowing that her children are in a happy place while she is going through a difficult time.

God bless....

You are a good friend.
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive." - Anais Nin

Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery for your friend and a great trip for you and the kids. I hope you'll all be planning your next trip soon, and nothing will interfere with that.

Sending best wishes and prayers for your friend. Soon you will be planning a trip with her to celebrate her recovery! Bless you for being such a good friend.

Wishing your best friend a quick and permanent recovery. Enjoy your trip and feel good about what you are doing for her family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter