6 day passes going away?

jkh1978

DIS Veteran
Are the 6-day passes going away? Is it still possible to buy them, or am I stuck buying 5 days + 1 day?

If it is I think it's stupid. All I have heard is DLR is best if you devote 4-5 days to it, keep in mind this was before Cars Land. So what sense does it make when you're adding a whole land to a park to discontinue the 6 day pass? None in my opinion.

As a PP poster mentioned, it seems like Disneyland would want to encourage folks to stay longer, and we'll all definitely need a little extra time with Carsland coming on board. If annual passes and the 5 day park hopper were really close in price, I'd think that Disney was eliminating the longer hoppers in order to encourage folks to just buy an annual pass and schedule more than one visit. However, there's a biiiiggg gap now between those two options, so I can't imagine that's the case.

Thoughts about what their thinking is here?

As a PP poster mentioned, it seems like Disneyland would want to encourage folks to stay longer, and we'll all definitely need a little extra time with Carsland coming on board. If annual passes and the 5 day park hopper were really close in price, I'd think that Disney was eliminating the longer hoppers in order to encourage folks to just buy an annual pass and schedule more than one visit. However, there's a biiiiggg gap now between those two options, so I can't imagine that's the case.

Thoughts about what their thinking is here?

I was thinking the same thing when I first saw the new tickets and prices. My theory is this:

The trend over the last few years is to stay between 5 and 6 days. I'm guessing many more people are staying 6 days than ever before. By taking away the 6 day hopper, people are forced to either a) upgrade to the expensive annual pass, or b) buy multiple tickets for each person in their party if they plan to continue visiting 6 days.

As we all know, as days are added to hoppers, each day becomes less expensive. Disney is getting less per day from each person as their visit gets longer. By forcing 6-day visitors to either fork out the pass price or buy multiple tickets, they will either get people to come more often (to justify buying the pass) or spend more per day (by backing them into buying multiple tickets).

That's just my opinion...

I sure hope they aren't getting rid of the 6 day tickets. That is our favorite amount of time to spend in the parks. We are trying to go this year either in Oct. or Nov., but don't know for sure yet if we are able to, and airfare has been just crazy, so that's another factor. I'm so confused about what to do. Please don't stop 6 day tickets

My family has tried 3 days, 4, 5 and 6 and 6 is what works for us! So sad about all this. My DD loves Disneyland more than anything and it's probably gonna get to the point where she doesn't get to go every year :(

The Disneyland website still has 6 day passes for sale $216 for ages 3 to 9 and $236 for 10 and up I haven't heard they r getting rid of them though, you can prob buy them at the Disney store also, or anywhere I guess like Costco

Aloha,

According to CM "Lilly" no idea why the six-day tickets got discontinued. However, she stated the five-day tickets can be exteneded to eight days at the ticket booth just like the six-day tickets. However, she didn't know what the new price would be for the extension.

just got off the phone with a rep at Getawaytoday and she confirmed that you will no longer be able to buy the 6 day hopper from Disney starting tomorrow. However, GAT has a specific contract with Disney till the end of the year and therefore they will be able to continue to sell the 6 day passes. Their price will be $249....

I just bought our 6 day passes for our trip in November .... but I would recommend buying them today.

They are supposedly being discontinued tomorrow. The ticket page on the website still has them up to purchase today, but make sure you page down and buy the ones that are good through December 2012.

In another thread someone quotes a CM as stating that tickets can be upgraded at guest services up to a total of eight days, it's just that you cannot buy a six day or longer tickets.

I don't know....but last week I did notice scalpers selling days from multi-day tickets, brazenly doing so as they walked through the cars stopped at the intersection of Ball Rd. and Disneyland Drive. My first inclination is to guess that it has something to do with this type of activity.

I think Mugglemama is right....I spoke to a few people who said that the problem is people "breaking up" their 6 day pass and trying to scalp the last 2 or 3 days at close to full price. Until they introduce a biometric scanner (like WDW) this is the only way they can combat this.

FYI..certain travel agencies like GAT have a contract with Disney that runs till the end of the year and so they will still be offering the 6 Day Hoppers even after tomorrow:thumbsup2

In another thread someone quotes a CM as stating that tickets can be upgraded at guest services up to a total of eight days, it's just that you cannot buy a six day or longer tickets.

It would be nice if you could still do this but I would be afraid :faint: of how much more it would cost over the old price I just paid for the 6 day hoppers today. I will check when we are there in July but will probably be priced out of adding days even if it is still allowed.

I merged 2 threads together here that were both specifically about the 6-Day Hoppers and the fact that they've been discontinued.

im not too shocked by the 6th day going bye bye. I dont think ppl need that long to get everyone done at disney. Probably not popular... but i am shocked by the $150 increase for Premium passholder.

Looks like i wont be getting that AP any time soon...

So confused on whether to buy our 6 day tickets or not. We want to go in either Oct or after Thanksgiving, but it all depends on airfare and other things. But it's pretty sure we will be going before the end of the year, we promised DD.

Would you chance it and buy them? We normally book a package through Costco and like all the extra little perks. Or should we wait and buy from gateway for $249 when we know for sure. So confused!!

Not cool. We always bought the 6-day PH and thought it was the perfect amount of days.

Does anybody know about how much it would cost to upgrade a 5-day PH to a 6-day PH at the parks?

Just wondering, the 6 day hoppers are now gone from the Disneyland website, but the still are available if you purchase a package directly from Disneyland or Costco Travel. Do you think packages will still have 6 day hoppers?

I had major problems purchasing ours tonight and it wouldn't go through for some reason. They are still in my cart so I'm hoping Disney will honor them, if not I sure hope I can get them in a package. That is how we usually purchase our trip anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter