• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

6 Day Park Hopper question

smack

Earning My Ears
Are 6 day park hopper passes for real? I saw one at getawaytoday.com that says it includes two early entries. Has anyone used a 6 day hopper before?
Thanks, Scott

We've used getawaytoday in the past and have been very happy with them. Yes 6 day hoppers are real. I believe DL, aaa, and getawaytoday will sell you up to an 8day hopper. We got an 8 day hopper for our last trip in Feb. The 2 days of ee is a new promo and getawaytoday is the only one i know of that offers the extra day of ee. FYI: getawaytoday will send you a voucher, not actual tickets. Just so you know, you can't take the vouchers to the DL gate/turnstiles, you need to redeem them for actual tickets/parkhoppers at the ticket booths or DLR hotel front desks.

We've used getaway today several times in the past, all with wonderful luck. If EE isn't important to you and you want a really good price on tickets go with the gay days tickets, they are a steal you just don't get the EE.

Yes 6 day hoppers are real. I believe DL, aaa, and getawaytoday will sell you up to an 8day hopper. We got an 8 day hopper for our last trip in Feb.

Can you upgrade a 5-day hopper to a 6-day hopper at the park? We have 5-day tickets, but I may get to go for an extra day. Any idea if that is possible?

Yes, you can upgrade at the park. They'll look at the barcode to see the price you paid & apply it to the new ticket.

Just make sure, though, that you do it before the ticket expires.

I called DLR to ask about the cost of a 6 day park hopper.
When the the CM told me it was $239, I commented that I should just buy a Deluxe AP since it costs the same. She didn't even realize it and said it was crazy not to buy an AP,....just in case you get to come back at least once more within the year.
We 're staying at GCH this month and PPH in November so we'll definitely get at least 2 uses out of it.

She didn't specify whether it was advance price or not.
I already bought my AP and was on the fence about buying one for my DH, was just curious about the price.
I think I already had it set in my mind that I was getting him an AP anyway and I just wanted her to make me feel better about it.
I should have asked.

She didn't specify whether it was advance price or not.
I already bought my AP and was on the fence about buying one for my DH, was just curious about the price.
I think I already had it set in my mind that I was getting him an AP anyway and I just wanted her to make me feel better about it.
I should have asked.

We only paid $40 to upgrade our parkhoppers to get our very first AP in 2005. At that point we weren't sure if we'd be back but at the very least, we'd all have a souvenier with our pictures on it. We eventually went back twice that year, so it was well worth it for us.

When the the CM told me it was $239, I commented that I should just buy a Deluxe AP since it costs the same. She didn't even realize it and said it was crazy not to buy an AP,....just in case you get to come back at least once more within the year.
We 're staying at GCH this month and PPH in November so we'll definitely get at least 2 uses out of it.

:confused: do you get EE with the APs?

You do not get EE with an AP, but if you are staying at one of the DLR hotels you do if you're staying on a Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs or Sat.

You do not get EE with an AP, but if you are staying at one of the DLR hotels you do if you're staying on a Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs or Sat.

not sure if we can swing it - thanks though

Q #1 - if you stay 1 night - say Tuesday, do you get EE both Tues & Wednesday?:idea:

Q #2 - to the OP (sorry to hijack thread:guilty: ); did getawaytoday specify if the tixs were good in 2008 too?

When the the CM told me it was $239, I commented that I should just buy a Deluxe AP since it costs the same.
Is the $239 the advanced price or the gate price. You can get an adult 6 day parkhopper for $199 through getawaytoday.

Don't they also add in $10 s/h? That puts it at $209. $30 more and you can get the DAP...

When the the CM told me it was $239, I commented that I should just buy a Deluxe AP since it costs the same.

Don't they also add in $10 s/h? That puts it at $209. $30 more and you can get the DAP...

Yes, they do add a service charge when your order so the final cost for 1 6day parkhopper would be $209. I'm with you though. I'd kick in the extra $30 to get access to DL for a whole year.

Sorry...correction- there is no EE on Wednesdays.
I was tired when I was typing that.

Altho, my AP has already paid for itself with all the discounts that come your way.
I booked the Segway tour and saved $20 per ticket ($80).
I got the AP rate at the GCH for $239 per night for 6 nights (Regularly $479 per night).
They are having AP appreciation while I'm there so I'll get 10% off on merchandise..which is ususally just for Premium AP's. Also you do get 10% off dining at most restaurants.

So, to upgrade or not I would say the discounts are a great perk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter