6 beers per room or adult?

catali150

Earning My Ears
Can we bring 6 beers between both husband and I or twelve beers (six each) to our stateroom? I have honestly searched and cannot find the answer to this Q but maybe I’m just missing the obvious. Thanks in advance!!

Can we bring 6 beers between both husband and I or twelve beers (six each) to our stateroom? I have honestly searched and cannot find the answer to this Q but maybe I’m just missing the obvious. Thanks in advance!!
From the DCL website:

Disney Cruise Line Guests 21 years and older may bring a maximum of 2 bottles of unopened wine or champagne (no larger than 750 ml) or 6 beers (no larger than 12 ounces) on board at the beginning of the voyage and at each port of call.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/...onboard/?int_cmp=INS-intDCLtoFAQAlcoholPolicy
That's each guest 21 and older.

6 per person at each port. We were 3 so we carried on an 18pk of Corona. I was really surprised how few I saw carrying on alcohol, at least obviously in view like ours was. Several people remarked how much money we would save and how smart we were though. I think technically it's supposed to be enjoyed in your stateroom, but we took a can to Serenity Bay and had no issue. And they were right, we saved a bunch of money, enough to make the verandah worth it! Enjoy your trip!

6 per person at each port. We were 3 so we carried on an 18pk of Corona. I was really surprised how few I saw carrying on alcohol, at least obviously in view like ours was. Several people remarked how much money we would save and how smart we were though. I think technically it's supposed to be enjoyed in your stateroom, but we took a can to Serenity Bay and had no issue. And they were right, we saved a bunch of money, enough to make the verandah worth it! Enjoy your trip!

Guessing that is because most cruise lines don't allow you to bring on alcohol other than wine. I'm really surprised that DCL allows it.

I was really surprised how few I saw carrying on alcohol, at least obviously in view like ours was.
There are probably a lot more people carrying on alcohol than you see. I usually carry on one or two bottles of wine, but they are stowed in my roller carryon. With just one or two bottles, I seldom even get asked about it at security. I pass through and you'd never know I had wine with me. Only once did one of the employees at security ask me "do you have a bottle of wine in your bag?" I answered yes, and he waved me on through. Another cruise, I had 6 beers for my dad and a bottle of wine for me in my bag, and no one said anything to me about it.

DCL used to be the wild west of liquor/alcohol allowing cruise lines. In the old days, the policy was you could bring on whatever you wanted at embarkation as long as you carried it on.
I remember those days. Many times I would see families with 2-wheel hand carts loaded with cases of beer, wine, and alcohol.

As others have posted, the alcohol policy changed not long ago. Our last cruise was January 2015 and my carry on was a 15 pack of Bud. We also have a soft sided cooler on wheels that collapses and velcros together that fits neatly in a suitcase we have used before. The only rule was no ice because it melts and spills can damage the xray machine. We still bring our own but we like to buy from the bar. I'm not lugging a blender and ice machine to mix a bon voyage for my wife when I can preplan and buy a couple of extra hundred dollar gift cards to put on our OBC and order any drinks we want.

If you go to Cozumel we head over to the Mega store to replenish. you can see if from the port and the cast members told us about it because they all head there to buy their snacks and beverages. It’s like a big Walmart/warehouse. Prices are pesos.

When you do carry on the alcohol do you have to point it out to security or can I just throw a six pack in my backpack? I guess it would be wise to let them know so they don't toss your bag and break any bottles. For my cruise in May, I'll be bringing alcohol for the first time. Yes, it will be Corona....let the jokes begin.

Piggyback question, if we carry on 6 beers/person/port, are there limitations where we can drink them? Brining wine to dinner involves a corking fee doesn't it? Can I bring a cider to the dining room? Can I sit by the pool and drink one? Thanks!

When you do carry on the alcohol do you have to point it out to security or can I just throw a six pack in my backpack? I guess it would be wise to let them know so they don't toss your bag and break any bottles. For my cruise in May, I'll be bringing alcohol for the first time. Yes, it will be Corona....let the jokes begin.

The you place your own backpack on the xray machine and you walk through. They will see what is inside. See if this pic comes through. I just google searched Disney Cruise Port Canaveral Security and got this picture of security point. I don't even know what the website is.

https://luxerecess.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Disney-Cruise-Tips-13-of-28.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter