6 am 7dmt

I am sure that the 28th will be just like any other grand opening. Grand openings are full of fanfare and celebration, but are not necessarily the first time the ride will be used. I am sure those planning to go on the 28th will still have an experience which is somewhat different from the experience others are having today. There will probably be more celebration around the grand opening of the ride. And there is something special to be said about having ridden the ride on the official grand opening day. So fear not, nothing is lost.... Except the bragging rights to say you were the first to ride, which is nice for today. I do hope those who ride on opening day will get a button, pin or something special like that.

Kind of stupid that they have it open for the 24 hour event. Hopefully it's only open for a brief period of time and they close it again. I don't see a point in announcing a May 28th release date if it's open a week+ in advance for people to ride. I understand CM testing and random people, but just opening it up before release date especially on a 24 hour day event...pretty stupid.

I planned to go on the 28th to be there on opening day. If I would've known it would be open for the 24 hour event or any other time, I would've went then instead of the 28th.

Cool for the people there now and I'd definitely love to hop on it if I was there. But just plain stupid for those that made a trip out of going for OPENING day to be among the first regular guests to ride when that would no longer be the case. I'm hoping they do some extra stuff or something on opening day.

Congrats to those able to ride it. I'm interested in how long the wait time gets

Its not a movie, its a ride they open it when they want to. Pretty much every ride gets a soft opening and is opened for an extended time period before the official date frankly this I'm surprised this hasn't been open for most of the month. The Official opening date is where the ride will go into to regular operation and be treated like any other ride, right now they will probably open and close this ride at different times in the day

And by the way, we very rarely see the seven dwarves in the world. So we would be nice, if on opening day, the seven dwarves were out in full force around the train

In line for third time...first wait time posted at 120, waited less than 25 mins, second time riding posted wait at 60, waited 28 mins, this time it's posted at 60 and looking to be a 30 min wait again.

the wait times are probably going to be way off for a while

Third time riding today and wait was 35 mins and posted wait was 60 mins. Sit closer to the rear of the train if you want a more thrilling experience - it really whips you around fast and you feel the swinging more. May ride it tonight if it is open! It's a really fun ride. My fiancé couldn't ride it though, got in and had to get out because his knees were too squished by the lap bar. Waiting for BOG now! Basically everything is a walk on right now thanks to AE and SDMT!

We got in line at 9:00am. Posted wait time was 60, actually about 45. The rocking cars were interesting, otherwise I was a bit disappointed. Incredibly smooth, ridiculously short.

I guess Jim Hill was right about this ride being open today. :rolleyes1

I wonder how long they will keep it running.

There was a soft opening prior to the ceremony.

Yes - for quite a bit of time. But then for the official, the news was there, Prince Mickey did a walk down the path towards BOG, etc.
Missing the point, but moving on.

Let's enjoy the 24 hour day! Will be there around 9pm tonight! :) Didn't feel like taking the day off work - so I am getting anxious sitting here til 4ish. If I am not able to ride today, no biggie. Back on Wednesday.

Two answers:

1. Soft open.

2. A broken clock is right twice a day.

Two answers:

1. Just because they opened the ride up doesnt necessarily mean that they will run it for all 24 hours of the party. I just wonder if they will run it all day.
3. An unbroken clock can also be wrong. But in this case, Jim Hill was right and his doubters were wrong.

Two answers:

1. Just because they opened the ride up doesnt necessarily mean that they will run it for all 24 hours of the party. I just wonder if they will run it all day.
3. An unbroken clock can also be wrong. But in this case, Jim Hill was right and his doubters were wrong.

Two replies:

4. Agreed.

C. Jim Hill I believe stated that Disney wanted it to be open today, not that it would be open today. That seems obvious to me and is hardly a revelation. Officially opening it next week gives Disney the best possible position. If it works today, great--it was a soft open. If it breaks today, that's fine too--they didn't just officially open a ride two weeks ago only to have it break during the big 24-hour day. They have the soft open as an excuse.

Two replies:

4. Agreed.

C. Jim Hill I believe stated that Disney wanted it to be open today, not that it would be open today. That seems obvious to me and is hardly a revelation. Officially opening it next week gives Disney the best possible position. If it works today, great--it was a soft open. If it breaks today, that's fine too--they didn't just officially open a ride two weeks ago only to have it break during the big 24-hour day. They have the soft open as an excuse.

Two initial reactions:

2) :lmao:

B) :rotfl2:

Two answers:

I think you forgot 2) it wasn't any special accomplishment to predict it would be running at times today. It is a soft opening.

Two initial reactions:

2) :lmao:

B) :rotfl2:

My additional reactions:

5) I am jealous of anyone riding in the next 6+ months because we don't have a trip scheduled until December. **sad trombone**

F) I, too, assumed that Disney would want to have this ride operational for the 24 hour event, so that it could stress the capacity and see how it handles it before official opening. Maybe I should start a Disney blog.

I think you forgot 2) it wasn't any special accomplishment to predict it would be running at times today. It is a soft opening.

Z35. I fully agree but there were those that were quite certain on another thread that Disney would not operate the ride today because of a chance of failure during their party event and pointing out how one should not rely on Jim Hill's information.

Z35. I fully agree but there were those that were quite certain on another thread that Disney would not operate the ride today because of a chance of failure during their party event and pointing out how one should not rely on Jim Hill's information.

My position was (and remains) that Disney did not officially open the ride two weeks ago for this reason. I never took the position that it would not operate at all, especially knowing how soft opens work. If it fails today--or even if it doesn't--it is in a soft-open status and Disney's butt is conveniently covered either way. It was a shrewd, if unpopular, PR move.

And I maintain: one should not rely on JH's information.

No one should rely on Jim Hill's information.

Jim Hill's a nice guy, super knowledgable and knows lots on Disney.

I'm not letting him pick my lottery numbers though. ;)

He'd be an all-star if we were talking baseball. But with ALL "insiders", it always helps to verify from multiple sources. It's fun to speculate though, and they are better at it than us. But none of them are singing 100% gospel, that's just the nature of the game.

I know I am. I'm all set for riding this thing a week from today, Day 3 after official open. Soft opens are just how it works...I never had any other illusions.

We land at 630pm and we have fp+ for 8:30-9:30pm on the 30th.

Thanks to you and Robo I had all the info I needed to get my FP+ .

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter