6 am 7dmt

Just overheard a manger say that she's not sure how long the ride will be open for today. She said there's a possibility they could still close the line.

The line to get INTO the queue wraps all the way around the Mine Ride wall and ends at the front of Storybook Circus

Who's going to post us some pictures? :cool1:

I disagree, but can also sympathize with you at the same time because of your travel plans. The attraction has had soft openings for the past two weeks to get out the kinks in the system. I think it is very responsible for them to do this before the official opening day; issues with it then could be disastrous. All attractions have these types of sporadic and limited time openings for this very reason. I say kudos to Disney for doing so.

Agreed. I don't think it's stupid at all. :thumbsup2

Kind of stupid that they have it open for the 24 hour event. Hopefully it's only open for a brief period of time and they close it again. I don't see a point in announcing a May 28th release date if it's open a week+ in advance for people to ride. I understand CM testing and random people, but just opening it up before release date especially on a 24 hour day event...pretty stupid.

I planned to go on the 28th to be there on opening day. If I would've known it would be open for the 24 hour event or any other time, I would've went then instead of the 28th.

Cool for the people there now and I'd definitely love to hop on it if I was there. But just plain stupid for those that made a trip out of going for OPENING day to be among the first regular guests to ride when that would no longer be the case. I'm hoping they do some extra stuff or something on opening day.

Congrats to those able to ride it. I'm interested in how long the wait time gets

It's completely normal for Disney to open an attraction for soft openings before the official date. That's what this is. If they choose to keep it open all day, that's their right. I don't see how that's stupid of them. Is it really going to take away from your experience on the 28th?

Kind of stupid that they have it open for the 24 hour event. Hopefully it's only open for a brief period of time and they close it again. I don't see a point in announcing a May 28th release date if it's open a week+ in advance for people to ride. I understand CM testing and random people, but just opening it up before release date especially on a 24 hour day event...pretty stupid.

I planned to go on the 28th to be there on opening day. If I would've known it would be open for the 24 hour event or any other time, I would've went then instead of the 28th.

Cool for the people there now and I'd definitely love to hop on it if I was there. But just plain stupid for those that made a trip out of going for OPENING day to be among the first regular guests to ride when that would no longer be the case. I'm hoping they do some extra stuff or something on opening day.

Congrats to those able to ride it. I'm interested in how long the wait time gets

Essentially, every single ride or experience Disney has ever opened has had a "soft opening" phase, which was a period of unannounced ride operation PRIOR to official opening. This is no different with exception that it's actually had a very LATE and short soft-opening from previous rides.

I really don't understand what you are so grumpy about. You'll be there in four days to ride it in all of it's glory. I'll be there in 15 days to do the very same thing. :goodvibes

I just watched the full walk-through and it seems kind of lame. :confused3 It is not really a roller coaster (like BTMRR) and not really a ride-through type ride (like ariel or nemo). It is kind of a mix of both. The roller coaster part seems really short and then it slows down for the viewing segments.

Although, it seemed pretty smooth with the starting and stopping parts.

I mean, I will ride it and it looks like a decent ride. But it is not WOW!

Maggie

It is called a soft opening, something virtually every single theme park in America uses to test out rides before official opening.

Those that believed they would be among the first regular guests to ride on OPENING day were wrong.

It's completely normal for Disney to open an attraction for soft openings before the official date. That's what this is. If they choose to keep it open all day, that's their right. I don't see how that's stupid of them. Is it really going to take away from your experience on the 28th?

Essentially, every single ride or experience Disney has ever opened has had a "soft opening" phase, which was a period of unannounced ride operation PRIOR to official opening. This is no different with exception that it's actually had a very LATE and short soft-opening from previous rides.

I really don't understand what you are so grumpy about. You'll be there in four days to ride it in all of it's glory. I'll be there in 15 days to do the very same thing. :goodvibes

It is called a soft opening, something virtually every single theme park in America uses to test out rides before official opening.

Those that believed they would be among the first regular guests to ride on OPENING day were wrong.

:thumbsup2

What was the posted wait time? Someone in another thread said it was already at 90 minutes?!
9:30 posted wait is now 60 minutes, TP's Lines expected time is 51.

Well between this an Anna and Elsa, this should clear the rest of the park for the morning.
Posted wait is 215 minutes, expected is 175. :faint:

Nice to hear folks are enjoying the new Mine Train ride. :cool1:

The only thing that is "stupid" is for anyone to think that the 28th was really going to be some "hard and fast" opening where they would get to be the "first". What were you expecting? A ceremony, commemorative T-Shirts and special welcoming gifts? Given the fact that people are going to wait 3+ hours to ride this today, it makes perfect sense to have it running on a 24 hour day. That gives them ample time to do other stuff.

In line for third time...first wait time posted at 120, waited less than 25 mins, second time riding posted wait at 60, waited 28 mins, this time it's posted at 60 and looking to be a 30 min wait again.

The only thing that is "stupid" is for anyone to think that the 28th was really going to be some "hard and fast" opening where they would get to be the "first". What were you expecting? A ceremony, commemorative T-Shirts and special welcoming gifts? Given the fact that people are going to wait 3+ hours to ride this today, it makes perfect sense to have it running on a 24 hour day. That gives them ample time to do other stuff.

When New Fantasyland opened, there was a ceremony and there was commemorative t-shirts.

In line for third time...first wait time posted at 120, waited less than 25 mins, second time riding posted wait at 60, waited 28 mins, this time it's posted at 60 and looking to be a 30 min wait again.

This is so cool! I'm so jealous! :goodvibes

We went in Oct 2012 before New Fantasyland opened and they were having soft openings that week and also during MNNSHP. We rode the Little Mermaid Ride & Belle's Storytime and had some Le Fou's Brew before it "officially" opened. It was SO COOL!!! Good memories :goodvibes

When New Fantasyland opened, there was a ceremony and there was commemorative t-shirts.

So maybe there will be again and the poster will get some "special feeling". But when New FL "opened", BoG had already been through several lunch services and plenty of people had ridden Little Mermaid.

Ride was terrific!!! We were in line about 12 minutes, when we got off, it said 120. Queue really cute, didn't get to spend much time as the load was super fast. Lots of Disney parks folks on hand. And one cm said over is here. Other rides are nearly walk ons as 7DMT has pulled the crowds over. We have ridden everything already including autopia, and it is only 10. Waiting now for BOG. :)

DD went over this morning at 6 AM and headed right to the mine ride at rope drop. She waited about 5-10 minutes to ride. Said the ride is cute but BTMRR is a much better coaster. She did say that the seats could prove to be a problem for some because they are individual seats that are on the small side. My DH is pooh-sized and my DD said he would have trouble fitting in the seat.She said you could definitely feel the swinging of the cars especially when they are stopped by the scenes.
After exiting the ride, the wait time was listed as 50 minutes. An hour later the wait time was 120 minutes with the line extending all the way down to the Teacups. Wait time for Elsa and Anna had reached 210 minutes by this time.
On the plus side, DD walked onto every other ride. There were no waits for BTMRR, Space MT, HM, JC, Buzz, and Peter Pan was only 10 minutes.

Please just admit that your jealous and move on.

I disagree and I booked a trip specifically to ride when they announced the "opening day". I am traveling from out of state, paying for Disney hotels - all for the Mine Ride for my DS. "Opening Day" means open full time with FastPass+ available. Any soft opening before that is no guarantee of open/close and no option for FP+. If I could have been there today for 24 Hour (went last year) I would have been there and would have headed straight to the ride. Soft openings are necessary for many reasons. It's like having a Grand Opening day weeks after something has actually opened. It allows the CMs to be fully ready to roll full time.

Now I would not have been happy with any soft openings before the Media Event. The media, Disney bloggers, Disney web-folks all do much for Disney and should have been given first chance to ride and share on the media. With technology today it would have devalued the whole media event had Joe Tourist taped on his phone and shot out on the social web before he even left the exit line.

Excited to be riding next week and happy for all those today getting some pixie dust! pixiedust:

Please just admit that your jealous and move on.

I know I am. I'm all set for riding this thing a week from today, Day 3 after official open. Soft opens are just how it works...I never had any other illusions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter