6/8/2008 June 8th 2008! Double Dip!

But the cruise is more than a week out so you can never tell. One week ago today the forecast for Orlando was Thunderstorms; I know, because I checked, hoping that the shuttle launch might be delayed a week until we get there.

Actually, our first DCL cruise last year we had rain every day, and to be honest, it really didn't put a single damper on our cruise. We hung out on CC anyways (and they even ordered everyone off the beach while the lightening was bad; DH and I got acquainted with a couple of Konk Koolers during the storm :) ).

Then again, we live in Southern Nevada where it is sun, sun, sun (and heat!) so I think tend to embrace any rain we can experience!

I feel betting knowing I'm not the only one checking the weather forecast! When I saw it Thursday, I got really bummed out! DH keeps telling me we have a week yet, things could change. I hope so! I want to come back with a tan this time! (the last cruise we went on it was overcast the whole time - I want to see Castaway Cay with sunshine!).

So, who's started to pack??:rotfl:

Oh, we won't be able to do a Dis meet in the terminal. We're taking Disney Transport from SSR, and our pick up time is something like 12:30, so we'll be rushing a bit. But hopefully, we can meet somewhere!

Pat:)

I feel betting knowing I'm not the only one checking the weather forecast! When I saw it Thursday, I got really bummed out! DH keeps telling me we have a week yet, things could change. I hope so! I want to come back with a tan this time! (the last cruise we went on it was overcast the whole time - I want to see Castaway Cay with sunshine!).

So, who's started to pack??:rotfl:

Oh, we won't be able to do a Dis meet in the terminal. We're taking Disney Transport from SSR, and our pick up time is something like 12:30, so we'll be rushing a bit. But hopefully, we can meet somewhere!

Pat:)

It was totally rainy and miserable when we were at Castaway Cay back in 2006. We were ridiculously lucky last year - bright, beautiful, sunny...a total dream! Well, all I can say is that I'm hoping we get at least one great day at Castaway *crossing my fingers AND toes*. Only a few days to go!

Well, I guess we can meet by the cafe/kid's check-in area. I will be wearing my lanyard from the Med. cruise. (It is a thin red laynard. I don't like the thick strappy one they give you...)
Our 4 girls will be wearing white t-shirts that they are going to make. They are using fabric markers to create their own shirts.
How about 11:00-11:30ish?

We are packed and ready to go. Just a few shirts hanging in the closet so they don't wrinkle. My girls have been packed since last year...:rolleyes1

I'm hoping to be there by 11, so I'll try to find you. Not sure what we'll be wearing - I haven't thought that far ahead! It's been so cold here this spring that I'm having trouble even figuring out what summer clothes to pack. I think today was only the 4th or 5th day it's been warm enough to wear shorts!

I'm hoping to be there by 11, so I'll try to find you. Not sure what we'll be wearing - I haven't thought that far ahead! It's been so cold here this spring that I'm having trouble even figuring out what summer clothes to pack. I think today was only the 4th or 5th day it's been warm enough to wear shorts!

I know what you mean!
I'll be the one showing up in my ear muffs!:rotfl:
Started packing today! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Our flight is only 8 hours from now! We'll be in Orlando for a couple of days before the cruise. See everyone on Sunday!!!

We leave in a day and a half, and we are waaaaay excited!!! Gotta go finish packing!!

We'll definitely be at the terminal looking for all of the DISers! Unfortunately, I am too disorganized to even be able to visualize what I might be wearing. But I will look for a red lanyard, and, uh, ear muffs (?) :) I will be the mom trying to corral excited three boys!!

Hope everyone has a safe journey to Florida. Just a couple more days and we'll be on the ship!!:yay:

Can't wait!!!

If you are participating in the kid's gift, let's not set a date to bring the gifts, just whenever you feel like it. Since the group is small...

We will be over by the cafe/kid's checkin around 11:00am, We will be a group of 3 women and 4 screaming girls all wearing white homemade t-shirts (kids, not us..)

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :love: :banana:

hey everybody!!

Hope you all had a great time. We did!!! We looked for everyone at the terminal but never ran into anyone. The gift swap went great, and my boys loved everything they got. That was a first for us and a lot of fun!!!!

hey everybody!!

Hope you all had a great time. We did!!! We looked for everyone at the terminal but never ran into anyone. The gift swap went great, and my boys loved everything they got. That was a first for us and a lot of fun!!!!

Hey!!

We just got back today. We did a back to back. We really appreciated the gifts for the kids and they enjoyed finding goodies in our bag.

I was rather peeved about Pirate night being on the second night instead of the third night, but other than that, had a great cruise!!!

So, when anyone hears "It's not unusual" are they going to do the Happy Dance!!!

We got back late Saturday night. We stayed at the Beach Club Villas for a few days after the cruise.

Thanks so much to misseualie for organizing the gift exchange. We had so much fun putting the bags together and hope everyone enjoyed getting them. Unfortunately, the only family I got to meet was VegasPixie, but we had fun talking to them.

We also booked another cruise while onboard...just barely...we literally were walking through the Atrium on our way off the ship, when DJ said..."Let's go talk to them about another cruise." We ended up picking a "dummy" date in December 2009 as a place holder. It will most likely be sometime in the spring of 2010, but we get to keep all of the incentives.

Thanks for cruising with us!! Now to really start planning for our October WDW trip!!

We got back last night, we spent a few days in Vero Beach (even drove up to the Port on Saturday to see if we could see the shuttle land. Unfortunately, we were looking in the wrong direction, so we missed it, but we DID hear the sonic booms!). Port looked SO empty with out the ship there!

Sorry we didn't get to meet anyone. We took Disney's bus service, so we didn't get to the port until 2:00. We had just enough time to drop our stuff in our rooms, head up for a bite to eat, then down for the drill. DH didn't want to deal with driving, he wanted to relax, so we did it his way. (but I must say, there weren't any lines to check in, or have our picture taken).

While onboard, we booked another cruise:banana: We'll be on the seven day Magic to Tortola 6/20! I'm SO excited. (gotta change my countdown!). The day the cruise ends will be my younger DD's 16th birthday, we're thinking a trip to the Magic Kingdom will be a great treat. When her older sister turned 16, we had to go to the DMV that morning for her license, but since that won't be an issue for the younger one (she'll never be able to get her driver's license) she'll probably be quite happy with a trip to WDW!

Magiclover41, thanks so much for the treat bag, that was so sweet of you (the girls enjoyed the candy).

Luv2boys, did your DH get to dive in Nassau? My DH told me they had a huge (for them) group, and that they were filling extra spots with names off the waiting list. His dive buddy was one of those from the wait list. Wouldn't it have been a hoot if they dove together???

My gang really enjoyed the parasailing! They're already starting to "talk me into" going up with them next cruise. We'll see!

We were a little bummed about Pirate night being on the second night, but mostly DH was upset, because he didn't want to drink alcohol before the dive. We actually dressed up for pirate night, and he went as "Mr. Gibbs" (complete with the flask, which, unfortunately, only had water and coke in it!)

Wasn't Clayton a stitch?! We met him the first night in the one shop, and got to talking to him. I asked him how long he's been cruise director, and he said two months I think it was. He used to be a DJ and deck entertainer. We told him we're pretty sure we have him on video from our cruise 6 years ago, and he said we probably do! We saw him again a couple nights later, and he was talking to us again. He made things so much fun. I mentioned in the car last night, we'll never be able to hear "It's not Unusual" without thinking of that crazy dance! Fun memories.:)

But now, back to reality (and laundry!)

Wasn't Clayton a stitch?! We met him the first night in the one shop, and got to talking to him. I asked him how long he's been cruise director, and he said two months I think it was. He used to be a DJ and deck entertainer. We told him we're pretty sure we have him on video from our cruise 6 years ago, and he said we probably do! We saw him again a couple nights later, and he was talking to us again. He made things so much fun. I mentioned in the car last night, we'll never be able to hear "It's not Unusual" without thinking of that crazy dance! Fun memories.:)

But now, back to reality (and laundry!)

HA HA HA!!! We met up with Clayton at Wavebands during the juggler's show. I really liked how down-to-earth he was! This weekend, we were listening to an 'oldies' station and they played "It's Not Unusual" and both DH and I laughed (aaahhhh, memories :goodvibes ).

He DID get to dive...thank goodness because he has not been happy with me since I told him it was booked hours after opening up to reservations. We were like the 2nd or 3rd family on the ship and that was the first stop we made...to be put on the waitlist. They said they would call the company about adding another boat since they had 7 on the waitlist and we thought that was what happened when it opened up. Husband said that they just put everyone on the same boat and it made diving very, very crowded. I'll asking him. My husband had his own dive stuff (the only one) and is pretty bald, so maybe your husband will remember and his name is Jesse.

My kids have eaten all their candy, my little bag with our names and cruise date on it is hanging on my doorknob in my office (looking at it now:goodvibes) and Jared slept with and is still sleeping with the little dragon whose name as slipped me at the moment.

AHHH! the juggler's show at Wavebands...the adults only...that was My Jesse with the stupid blue wig saying "Your'e the Man" and of course that was me beside him.

luv2boys,

I'm so glad that Jared liked his Mushu. I was having a tough time figuring out what to get for the bags since we had such a wide age range.

We were at the show and your Jesse had us cracking up. We were way back in a booth along the wall with the other two couples from our dining table. We had a blast!!

He DID get to dive...thank goodness because he has not been happy with me since I told him it was booked hours after opening up to reservations. We were like the 2nd or 3rd family on the ship and that was the first stop we made...to be put on the waitlist. They said they would call the company about adding another boat since they had 7 on the waitlist and we thought that was what happened when it opened up. Husband said that they just put everyone on the same boat and it made diving very, very crowded. I'll asking him. My husband had his own dive stuff (the only one) and is pretty bald, so maybe your husband will remember and his name is Jesse.

My DH was John, he had his mask and fins, and he has a bald spot. He said something about they usually only have 4 or 5 divers, this time they had, I think he said 19!! But being true Disney, I guess they wanted to try to accomidate everyone! I'll ask my DH if he remembers Jesse!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter