• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

6/7/11 - It's a double dip DREAM!

Thanks for sharing the FB group here. I joined a Disney Dream page, but I wouldn't have even thought about searching for our particular group. Thanks again!

Just wishing you all a Merry X mas.

Less thna 6 months now.
ANybody planning any tours on Nassau?

Atlantis? Using hotel next door?

Any ideas.

Big Ed

We are considering the Blue Lagoon dolphin adventure. And, DH wants to snorkel and DD & I plan on parasailing on CC. We are first time cruisers, so if you have any advice (or did these & didn't enjoy them), let me know! Thanks!

If you're considering doing anything with the dolphins, I'd highly recommend booking directly with the company, rather than booking through Disney. You'll save a lot of money.

We read of many people complaining that they booked through Disney, thinking they were going to get the "swim" and ended up only getting the "encounter". The encounter just involves you touching the dolphin and getting a picture. If that's what you want, great. But most people want to do the swim.

We booked directly, took a cab to the marina in Nassau. The trip to the island is included in your admission. And you can just take the boat directly back to the Disney ship on the way back.

We saved almost $200 doing it this way. I admit, at first, I was really nervous booking something without Disney being involved. I went to the concierge desk and asked if we could travel with the Disney group, but they do a specific headcount on the way there so it wasn't possible.

But there were no kinks, and we honestly felt so much better about saving all that money. If we had paid what Disney was charging, we would have been really disappointed.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Only six months and six days until our cruise!!!!!:banana:

Please add us to the list of cruisers! We will be celebrating our son, mike's graduation from duke law school! There are 4 of us

Happy New Year everyone! Now I'm really started to get excited since it's now 2011.

I see the Fantasy cruises are posted for 2012, anyone reserving?

I am so ready for this cruise......its cold and I just spent a week in the hospital with Nicholas because he had the flu.

Hey I haven't been on here for awhile, been really busy. I was just looking at the older posts and noticed that there are quite a few people doing the FE's and was wondering how do you do that? Do you divide people up in groups or do you bring things for everyone on the list? Im interested, but wanted to see first how you did this.

Hey I haven't been on here for awhile, been really busy. I was just looking at the older posts and noticed that there are quite a few people doing the FE's and was wondering how do you do that? Do you divide people up in groups or do you bring things for everyone on the list? Im interested, but wanted to see first how you did this.

We just got back from our first FE experience(11 day christmas cruise) and can answer how it was run on our cruise. We had 65 rooms in the group. You delivered your 1 gift per room at some point throught the cruise, your choice on day. Some people give one gift per person, some do one gift per stateroom. So on our cruise we brought 65 gifts(a whole suitcase).

They talked about splitting the FE list into two groups(because of the size), but in the it was decided to keep a single group.

It was a great expereince, and am looking forward to the FW on this cruise.

We just got back from our first FE experience(11 day christmas cruise) and can answer how it was run on our cruise. We had 65 rooms in the group. You delivered your 1 gift per room at some point throught the cruise, your choice on day. Some people give one gift per person, some do one gift per stateroom. So on our cruise we brought 65 gifts(a whole suitcase).

They talked about splitting the FE list into two groups(because of the size), but in the it was decided to keep a single group.

It was a great expereince, and am looking forward to the FW on this cruise.

:eek: 65 rooms! WOW! But seriously, do we have a head count of who's participating in ours? I've tried to check back through the spreadsheet and it says only 2 families, even though I was sure at one point it was updated. I think if we can get an educated guess of how many, then we can decide to do all one group, split it up, one per room, kids, and so on. I've also seen where others have had a cut off day. Do we want to do this? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter