6/26/2014 - 9 Night Mediterranean Cruise, Venice, Italy

We will not be going on this cruise after all… :sad:
But we will be on the Magic for a Very Merry Time in December 2014! :cutie:
Have a great time in the Med, everyone! :wave2:

Hi all. We will be on the 9 day Venice leaving June 26th! Please add us to the FE list. Room 7052 Jon and Lisa, plus Luke age 17+8 days (turns 18 just before we sail).

We are really looking forward to this cruise, and would love to join the FE group. We are in room 7008, and it is myself, DH, DS(12) and DD(8).
Thanks!
Eileen

Hi! We are booked and have now confirmed we will indeed be traveling with the group! :cool1: It will be me (Shirley), my DH (Peter) and our son (Matthew) 19. We have enjoyed a Med Cruise and a repositioning cruise as well as several Caribbean cruises on DCL. Looking forward to being on the Magic again this summer. Now to find airfare! :confused3

Please send me a message when your room numbers become available so I can update your information on the list.

If you want to be added to the list, please let me know who's in your party. age and include room number.

Fish Extender List

Htmlkid - DH - Glenn, DW Barbara, DD - Christina 14 Room 2576
Disney_fans - DD - Jordan 14, DS - Cameron 12 Room 6062
Non Board member - DW Susan, DH Rob, DS James, DS Nicholas 12 Room ? stampinot - DH, Dw Julie, DD 11 Room ?
Mineu DH, DW, DS 17, DD 15, DF , DD 17 Rooms 1050, 1052
Imcarr DW Lisa, DH Adam, DS Zachary 14 Room 2631
sharksteve DH Stefan, DW Iris, DD Yara Room 2558
Joanne19 DH, DW, DD Genevieve, DD Madeline, DS Michael 15 Room ?
Sunshine State Kim Me, DH, DD (20), and DS (17) Room ?
MrsG DH, DW Room 6148
Kinderquilts DM, DD 1 Room 6319
Fobgirl12 DH, DW, DK 3 DK 2
2PrincessesInTow DW, DH, DD (12), DD (8) room 8076
IndianaMon DW, DH, DS(12) and DD(8) Room 7008
jlamos DH Jon, DW Lisa, DS Luke age 17+8 days (turns 18 just before we sail). Room 7052

Who else is in?????

We are really looking forward to this cruise, and would love to join the FE group. We are in room 7008, and it is myself, DH, DS(12) and DD(8).
Thanks!
Eileen

You've been added.... WELCOME!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hi all. We will be on the 9 day Venice leaving June 26th! Please add us to the FE list. Room 7052 Jon and Lisa, plus Luke age 17+8 days (turns 18 just before we sail).

Your in ..... WELCOME!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Please can you add us to the FE list, it is myself Julie and my DH Peter we are in stateroom 6632, thank you

Those with elementary school aged children.....

Magic Tree House books are great for an introduction to some of the places we're going to visit. Book #16 is Hour of the Olympics, book 49 is Stallion by Starlight (Ancient Greece) and #33 is Carnival by Candlelight (Venice).

We're getting excited!

:scared1:has anybody booked airfare yet? what was your route and fare? tia, lc

We have not yet booked airfare. We are traveling from DFW but will go to Paris for 3 nights and then over to Venice to stay 2 nights before the cruise. Trying to get back on July 5th but having problems with availability and fares (and I am a travel agent for 30plus years)! Frustrating but I will eventually find something!
Has anyone else booked air?

I am also having trouble with the airfare. We will coming from Atlanta. I have been following the prices for months now, and I have yet to see anything below 1600 a person. That is a tough pill to swallow for a family of four. Also, delta has a nonstop from Atlanta to Venice which hasn't been below 1950 a person. I would be happy to pay 1600 for the nonstop flight.

I just checked flight prices again and ours went down $50 per person but at least it helps. Haven't purchased tickets yet but may be doing so shortly. I am a travel agent & I just don't think it will go down at all. It is after all summer time and high season and the flights are all running very full.
For those of you that are traveling to/from Venice you may want to check with DCL as the prices may be a little lower if you book with the cruise line. We are stopping in Paris & I was told they can only take you in and out of the city where the cruise departs. Good luck everyone!

Hi! We are listed on the FE list... I just wanted to update...

We are in cabins 6504 and 6506.
DH Tyler & myself
DS Daniel, 19
DS Michael, 15
DD Madeline, 6
DD Genevieve, 2

Thanks so much! Getting super excited!

I bought the book "Top 10 Venice," which is part of the Eyewitness Travel series, to get an overview of what Venice has to offer. According to the book, the top 10 things to see in Venice are as follows:

1. Basilica San Marco
2. Doge's Palace
3. Piazza San Marco
4. Grand Canal
5. Accademia Galleries
6. Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari
7. Rialto Market
8. Island of Torcello
9. Camp Santa Margherita
10. Peggy Guggenheim Collection

We would like to see at least the first 5. I was disappointed to see that the ship won't dock in Venice until 6:00 p.m. for the overnight. That doesn't leave a lot of time to see the sites, even if we skip the MDR and eat a quick dinner on the ship. We're flying into Rome before the cruise and are planning to take the train to Venice either the evening before embarkation or the morning of, so we won't have time to see Venice at the front end. People flying into Venice a day or two before the cruise should have plenty of time to explore the city.

My DH and I are also flying into Rome and spending a couple of days there before taking the train to Venice for the cruise. Have you decided if you are taking the train the night before or the morning of the cruise? DH says that the trains between Rome and Venice leave every hour so even if we miss one, there are plenty more during the day. I think his inclination is to go on the morning of the cruise. I'm so excited about spending time in Rome before the cruise. We were on a 7 day Med cruise last summer which did stop in Rome but we didn't have enough time to see everything.

Hi, requested to be included in the FE list, not heard if we have been added yet but need to change room number. - our details are Julie(me) and Peter(DH) cabin 7120. We changed when a 7a cat came up and we realised it was a normal veranda with a slight obstruction and was very happy to save £££.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter