5th Park coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following on from the will they/wont they "discussion"...

I was wondering what everyone else sees as likely projects for disney parks and resorts in the 5 to 10 year time line?

I'll leave it to others to mention the most likely.... however I'd like to throw these ideas in about what I think Disneys priorities might be by then:

• Additional Castaway Cay type locations around the world
  • Dubai Disney

edit... oops this was supposed to be a new thread haha

Following on from the will they/wont they "discussion" in the 5-th park thread...

I was wondering what everyone else sees as likely projects for disney parks and resorts in the 5 to 10 year time line?

I'll leave it to others to mention the most likely.... however I'd like to throw these ideas in about what I think Disneys priorities might be by then:

• Additional Castaway Cay type locations around the world
  • Dubai Disney

Dubai is fading fast, and when it seemed like they were offering unlimited money to build parks, Disney passed, so it seems unlikely they'd opt-in now.

Additional Castaway Cays might depend on if the running rumor of more ships is true, and where DCL is thinking of running cruises out of, and availability of such suitable locations.

Things I think we'll see before the 5th gate, aside from what is announced:

- A DHS expansion/rebuild, such as Cars Land
- Further AK expansion, depending on the size/acceptance of Avatarland
- Something finally at Epcot - some rework of Futureworld, replacement of Wonders of Life, and maybe, finally, a new country.
- Two or three more DVC resorts/additions

I also do not think a 5th gate is coming anytime soon although it would be great. A while back i was talking with a CM about a rumored 5th park that was to be a something like a Cedar Point type of thrill ride park. CM said that the thinking became to add the coasters and other thrill type attractions to the existing parks. This was when they were just starting to break ground in AK to put up EE.

How does * sucked the live out of it for me*, paraphrase into *you all suck*

Two totally different statements with totally different meanings. Unless of course you were trying to promote a view of view that the OP was being extremely rude, which the term*you sucked the life out of it* in no way does!

AKK

I was speaking of the OP's general attitude, not that one quote. He's so upset that no one believes him, even though he really has no proof to provide. I don't think the OP has been bullied. I think he's just acting defensively because PP's are pointing out the problem with his statement: Hearing it from someone who knows someone who knows an imagineer doesn't mean squat.

Yeah, I don't see it happening either. (1) There is a lot of room for improvement for the parks without "Magic" in their name (2) There is no current reason to add a fourth.

But let's say for a moment that Imagineers did indeed get together and decide to build a 5th park themed after Heroes and Villains. What would that mean? Possibly nothing. Remember, there are also "plans" to expand the monorail. That's not likely to start anytime soon either -- if ever. Point is, they may make big plans for things that might not ever come to fruition.

The way people attacked the OP is why I like to visit wdwrumors.com - info but no hostility or people complaining about Disney all the time

Don't get me wrong I like the forums and especially this one but some people really take the "magic" out of things sometimes ya know

The way people attacked the OP is why I like to visit wdwrumors.com - info but no hostility or people complaining about Disney all the time

Don't get me wrong I like the forums and especially this one but some people really take the "magic" out of things sometimes ya know

Yeah, good grief. The rudeness is really quite astounding. Disney World may be the happiest place on Earth, but this place certainly isn't. Would it really hurt people to be a bit kinder to one another rather than mocking and being generally nasty? This thread could have gone so much differently and yet still contained the same opinions.

OK - I am NOT ragging on the original poster. I always take for granted that a poster is NOT blowing smoke. He heard this from someone.

However, something you heard fourth-hand does not lend a huge amount of creedence to the rumor. In addition, the statement that it is a "done deal" is highly unlikely. Nothing is a done deal until it is announced, and even then it is STILL not a done deal until the ground is broken.

But, I'll say this - about 5 years ago, they were very, very close to building a 5th gate - a specialty park - Night Kingdom - by very,very close I mean they had all the designs in place. Never got green-lit when the economy tanked. So, a 5th gate IS possible. But I would say it is highly unlikely.

I am not attacking anyone, but will attack myself if necessary.

My question is this: Does the economy really affect Disney? This company makes more money than we can even fathom. Even in the down years, I am sure Disney turned HUGE profits. I mean, c'mon...they're freakin Disney!

I know that not having extra money takes a Disney vacation out of the question for some people, but promotions like free dining open up the parks to others. I think Disney will be just fine. No need to hold a telethon or anything!

I bet a lot of people swore up and down there would never be a 4th park and yet we have Animal Kingdom. You never know. It sounds like a stretch but I am willing to bet one day in the future there will be a 5th park. Eventually there will have to be.

I've been hearing this rumor about a villains addition for about 3 years now. Yet to see anything come of it though. The idea was to add more thrill rides in an effort to appeal to the bigger kids, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

However, something you heard fourth-hand does not lend a huge amount of creedence to the rumor. In addition, the statement that it is a "done deal" is highly unlikely. Nothing is a done deal until it is announced, and even then it is STILL not a done deal until the ground is broken.

I'd say, not even then - it's a done deal when it's complete and opened. :)

After all, we still have that flattened dirt pile of the Western Way called Flamingo Crossings.

Not a fan of this forum... but i will say our friend from earlier tonight is correct, the fifth park as WDW is on its way.

Really? That one has been mentioned a time or two (or a thousand times) in the past...

Epcot needs help badly and DHS could use an expansion. AK could also use a new area.

I believe that the OP heard this but I'll file this news under the "believe it when I see it" category.

Not a fan of this forum... but i will say our friend from earlier tonight is correct, the fifth park as WDW is on its way.

If you want people to believe your fake post, you can't make your secong post on the gay and lesbian forum requesting a date.

That awkward moment when you pose as your own friend in order to defend an argument that is already silly to push as 'confirmed'...

I've been a part of message boards on several topics for YEARS and this is the most common silly thing that happens. Someone posts something that others don't like, behaves badly, etc...and then they create a second account to attempt to bypass the stigma of being [insert username here], only to be dumped by the admins after they're found out and becoming even more silly in everyone's eyes. (Note: I use the word 'silly' in place of other, less savory words...)

Again, I make the point that 'confirmed' means press releases and conferences. It does not mean 'this Imagineer's sister's cousin's wife whispered this in my ear'. Nobody's trying to bully anyone around here. It's just that when you use incorrect terminology to push forward a rumor that has literally existed for decades...people don't believe it. Simple.

That awkward moment when you pose as your own friend in order to defend an argument that is already silly to push as 'confirmed'...

I've been a part of message boards on several topics for YEARS and this is the most common silly thing that happens. Someone posts something that others don't like, behaves badly, etc...and then they create a second account to attempt to bypass the stigma of being [insert username here], only to be dumped by the admins after they're found out and becoming even more silly in everyone's eyes. (Note: I use the word 'silly' in place of other, less savory words...)

Again, I make the point that 'confirmed' means press releases and conferences. It does not mean 'this Imagineer's sister's cousin's wife whispered this in my ear'. Nobody's trying to bully anyone around here. It's just that when you use incorrect terminology to push forward a rumor that has literally existed for decades...people don't believe it. Simple.

very well said! I'm pleased you replied when you did as I was struggling to come up with a reply that wouldn't have got me banned :)

The other post of this "new" user just makes me immediately think troll though so maybe that was the original intent of the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter