• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5th Park coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
flashcal said:
When an Imagineer tells his good friend who then tells his wife, who proceeds to blab to her coworkers because she's so excited... This is what happens. So like I said, from the mouth of an actual Imagineer.

Ummm...maybe the osmosis is not working...

I know you believe that you have it on good authority...but you don't. It has nothing to do with "imagineering"...it's about business sense and frankly common sense.

If you are correct...I'm 100% certain that I will join all the other dissenters on this thread and issue a formal written apology to you...

IF they plan, announce, and actually build an additional park that will not increase their profit levels or volume of travel to wdw, on top of all their planned or recently spent construction funds, that will cannibalize the numbers of the other four parks, and which they can't staff properly as is and will add tens or hundreds of millions of annual overhead.

It's not happening. There are both simple reasons and more complex economic ones that make this a silly idea at this time. It's one of these "debates" that only has one feasible side but is not presented at such...like evolution.

The little man who used to drive the trolley on Mr Rogers Neighborhood (yeah, the tiny one) told me that his brother's sister in-law is a dietician who worked for a guy who's cousin's barber used to cut the hair of a guy who's (sadly) deceased pediatrician was once stuck in an elevator on a Thursday with a man who's son was the little league coach of the son of a coal miner from Pittsburgh who's brother's wife's tailor patched a pair of pants for a guy who was working on something for Disney that was so intense it tore his pants. I bet it was this!!! I can't wait to tell the mailman!

The little man who used to drive the trolley on Mr Rogers Neighborhood (yeah, the tiny one) told me that his brother's sister in-law is a dietician who worked for a guy who's cousin's barber used to cut the hair of a guy who's (sadly) deceased pediatrician was once stuck in an elevator on a Thursday with a man who's son was the little league coach of the son of a coal miner from Pittsburgh who's brother's wife's tailor patched a pair of pants for a guy who was working on something for Disney that was so intense it tore his pants. I bet it was this!!! I can't wait to tell the mailman!

Way to show me up... well played! lol

Ummm...maybe the osmosis is not working...

I know you believe that you have it on good authority...but you don't. It has nothing to do with "imagineering"...it's about business sense and frankly common sense.

If you are correct...I'm 100% certain that I will join all the other dissenters on this thread and issue a formal written apology to you...

IF they plan, announce, and actually build an additional park that will not increase their profit levels or volume of travel to wdw, on top of all their planned or recently spent construction funds, that will cannibalize the numbers of the other four parks, and which they can't staff properly as is and will add tens or hundreds of millions of annual overhead.

It's not happening. There are both simple reasons and more complex economic ones that make this a silly idea at this time. It's one of these "debates" that only has one feasible side but is not presented at such...like evolution.

I knew I'd get this kind of backlash posting this but I'm amazed at the lack of self awareness. You're all knocking my source as not being legit enough, but so many of your who apparently fancy yourselves as certified Disney accountants have it on good authority (your own) that they can't afford it...not enough support...cannibalizing...whatever. Who care how many threads on this board have "proved" it's not economically feasible. Show me YOUR source straight from Disney economics.(chrisandkim913). Experts and insiders! All of you!

I think it's hilarious you all think YOU know sitting at home on your keyboards. We'll see.....

Oh and FYI, the parks are overstaffed right now. People from the MK come in droves to pick up extra shifts at AK so not staffing properly may not be the understaffing you're implying. Try over staffing. There are more workers there than shifts. They're hiring like crazy.

For anyone who may actually be interested and excited about this, the only other tidbits from this convo were that it has been 15 years since AK was launched and they traditionally haven't gone more that 10 years w/out building a new park so it's high time. Also they plan to incorporated movies like Star Wars and Indiana Jones into the park as well and not just the animated Heroes(sp for you my dear Dizcaptain) and Villains.

Anyway, I'm excited and I wish the less cynical Disboarders would come by and get excited too. It may be years from now but I'm happy to wait and speculate and dream. That's the fun of it.

I'll believe it when I see a press release. It's fun to talk about rumours, but it's not cool to show up and say 'Hey, look what Disney is doing!' when Disney has made no efforts to make that knowledge public. It's general knowledge that Disney plans projects and scraps them all of the time. They may be sorting out ideas for a fifth gate in order to come up with better theming for the existing parks or so that someone gets an idea for an awesome new ride...but I won't believe a fifth gate is coming until Disney announces it themselves.

I do not include myself with the people in the know-- and I am not a corporate accountant like so many here-- but I seem to recall several comments when the Avatar project was announced in the way of " wow I didn't see that coming".

Certainly quite a bit of abuse being dished out here.

There has been many years of planning for a 5th park.........the plans being changed over and over. There is of course going be a 5th park at some point.!

However you have to remember even when it is announced...its 5 years down the road.

And yes the abuse and snarky comments are pretty rude.

AKK

.....perhaps the title for this thread should be changed from Rumors and News to Confirmed by Disney and News.

Disney has plans for a 5th park. In fact, they probably have dozens of Fifth Parks planned. They are all in a folder called "Fifth Park", in a filing cabinet labeled "Blue Sky Ideas".

At least, in a virtual sense. I don't know the color of the folder how how many drawers the filing cabinet has.

Many, many, many ideas for things get dreamed up. Some of those get discussed. Some of those get analyzed by engineering. Some of those get run through cost models. Some of those get presented to the board. A few might actually get green light. Even fewer will actually get built.

Read Jim Hill's site for a while and get a sense of all the could-have-beens and never-weres that were absolute certainties at some point.

Coming here and say you heard it fourth hand and insisting it is true and "from the mouth of an imagineer" is just asking for trouble. It could easily have been misunderstood at several levels, and could refer to Avatarland, Cars Land, Star Wars Land, etc. - expansions of existing parks, being miscommunicated as a "park". Heck, even Universal called WWOHP a "park", when it is just a land within a park, and even that it was a remodeling of an existing land.

Disney has plans for a 5th park. In fact, they probably have dozens of Fifth Parks planned. They are all in a folder called "Fifth Park", in a filing cabinet labeled "Blue Sky Ideas".

At least, in a virtual sense. I don't know the color of the folder how how many drawers the filing cabinet has.

Many, many, many ideas for things get dreamed up. Some of those get discussed. Some of those get analyzed by engineering. Some of those get run through cost models. Some of those get presented to the board. A few might actually get green light. Even fewer will actually get built.

Read Jim Hill's site for a while and get a sense of all the could-have-beens and never-weres that were absolute certainties at some point.

Coming here and say you heard it fourth hand and insisting it is true and "from the mouth of an imagineer" is just asking for trouble. It could easily have been misunderstood at several levels, and could refer to Avatarland, Cars Land, Star Wars Land, etc. - expansions of existing parks, being miscommunicated as a "park". Heck, even Universal called WWOHP a "park", when it is just a land within a park, and even that it was a remodeling of an existing land.

Yeahhhh.... Y'all win. I'm done. You've officially sucked the joy out of it for me here on this thread. I'll just go elsewhere and talk about it with friends and family who are all locals and families of the Disney employed who will all be hearing about It now or soon. As I said they have finally decided on the theme. This is the idea,the one they're going with. They've chosen.

I thought I was in a thread titled "rumors" and that I wouldn't need to have it posted officially in the Orlando times to discuss.

As for using words like "asking for trouble". So sad. Take your sad, humorless, know it all(you know youve been called it before, ALL of you) probably never had fun in your life selves and keep up the hating. It's apparently all you got.

Yeahhhh.... Y'all win. I'm done. You've officially sucked the joy out of it for me here on this thread. I'll just go elsewhere and talk about it with friends and family who are all locals and families of the Disney employed who will all be hearing about It now or soon. As I said they have finally decided on the theme. This is the idea,the one they're going with. They've chosen.

I thought I was in a thread titled "rumors" and that I wouldn't need to have it posted officially in the Orlando times to discuss.

As for using words like "asking for trouble". So sad. Take your sad, humorless, know it all(you know youve been called it before, ALL of you) probably never had fun in your life selves and keep up the hating. It's apparently all you got.

Wow...I thought I was just adding a dose of reality...

The forum is titled Rumors and News. Saying something is confirmed is basically trying to say it is news, not a rumor. It's the way you presented it. And if you've actually read this site for any length of time, you knew what would come, sad as it is.

And you can call me all you want, but you know nothing about me.

Dissapointing. Some people were trying to lend some support.

The facts are most here when a subject comes up they don't agree with enjoy mocking, abusing and being snarky and then grin about it!

I find is especially rude to say that they are in charge and have the right to demand this subject not be posted!

None of you have any proof there won't be a 5th.....its your opinions as well, even if YOU present your OPINIONS as fact!

If you don't like the opinion and subject.....don't enter the thread!

AKK

Dissapointing. Some people were trying to lend some support.

Noted Beer Dave. Thanks for being supportive. You're one of the few lovers not haters.

As for Doconeil, don't backpedal now and mince my words. Don't pretend you weren't being like the rest. Didn't you Mama ever tell you you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Suppose I'm right. Now you'll never get any more info or updates. All you all had to say was, "hmmmm interesting. I hope that's true." Or "Let us know if you get anymore info." Or even ignore it. How about that. But no, you chose to be a hater. What's it gotten you? And by you I mean All the haters. No more info from me. Remember me when they do announce. You blew it.

The thread is rumors and news, it could be either. But does it matter? Ya gotta pick it apart? Seriously?

As I said, I expected backlash. But what I got was pathetic.

But as Beer Dave said, I did have a few supporters that I will now thank. Thanks for being in the Disney Spirit. If I get any more tidbits that you want to hear, I'll message you individually if you want. Let me know.

As for Doconeil, don't backpedal now and mince my words. Don't pretend you weren't being like the rest. Didn't you Mama ever tell you you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Suppose I'm right. Now you'll never get any more info or updates. All you all had to say was, "hmmmm interesting. I hope that's true." Or "Let us know if you get anymore info." Or even ignore it. How about that. But no, you chose to be a hater. What's it gotten you? And by you I mean All the haters. No more info from me. Remember me when they do announce. You blew it.

Wow...I had to go back and read what I posted to know why your hate is directed at me...and I don't see it. I don't think I minced your words at all. The beginning of my initial post was actually elaborating on what someone else was saying...yes, there are plans for a 5th park - several, in fact. They've had them for years. Occasionally they dust them off and see if they may sense.

Then I was just saying that because you heard (and admit) it was fourth hand, somewhere along the line it could have been misunderstood. And then I thought I was giving a friendly warning about what happens when you post something like what you did.

I will point out that NO WHERE in my posts did I say it is not happening, I don't want it to happen, you're flat out wrong, you're a liar or ANYTHING like that. I only was pointing out that it might not in reality be what you think. So I really don't know why I'm the lightning rod.

I _want_ a fifth park. I don't think it makes sense at this point though.

But hey, I'm a hater now...feel free to strike the lightning rod. I won't respond again to you while you do though. Be civil, and we can have a discussion, which is what this board is really supposed to be about.

Can everyone be more kind on the discussion boards. As far as cruelty goes, I don't think Disboards is anywhere near as mean as WDWMagic. We should all still be more considerate of others. Like someone said, this is the rumors thread and rumors are suppose to be fun. There are a couple of reasons why this rumor may have some truth. First, the whole Iger legacy thing. I'm almost positive a 3rd park for DLR and a 5th park for WDW will be announced before he steps down. These parks have been discussed on film related sites as well as discussion boards. The 3rd DLR park seems to be talked about the most. Most of the rumors are similar to what the poster wrote - Star Wars and Indiana Jones. The theme for the 3rd DLR park is allegedly Heroes and Adventure. So, it doesn't seem that far-fetched that they would want to clone as much as possible and maybe incorporate some of the Villain park ideas to make it more unique.;)

Now that I've stopped laughing, let me explain some of my reasoning; Disney has already confirmed they are slowing down on their capital spending projects and with the announced changes at DTD, that pretty much eats a singificant portion of the reduced capital spending on top of the planned changes to Animal Kingdom.

In short there is going to be no plans for a new park, anytime in the next decade, if not longer.

Boy this thread turned real funn.:cool1:

To the OP, you are more than welcome to come back here and gloat, gloat, gloat when this comes to pass. I wouldn't hold your breath though.:love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter