5th gate and DVC

There is no need for a fifth gate when they can’t utilize the space in the existing 4 parks without using “filler” attractions.

I don't like Disney parks as much as I used to. I don't like the requirement to plan further ahead than in the past or all of the up-selling. Disney has figured out how to make almost every day crowded when there used to be times I could count on lower crowds. It is not that I think Disney should not have done this, it just makes it less enjoyable for me. I don't like having to be rude to get a spot on the elevator to get back to my room (this happened at the Contemporary after DVC upgraded me to a room there due to over-booking).

I'm 47 and I grew up with Nintendo games, I cannot wait to visit Super Nintendo World. If Japan weren't closed for visitors, I would have gone this year, but now it's coming to Orlando! Maybe not every generation, but the potential market is HUGE.
My family is also super excited for Super Nintendo World. We are a big gaming family though. I loved playing Kingdom Hearts back in the day. That could be an interesting video game IP to bring to the table on Disney's side though I don't know where it would go and I have no idea about FF rights and limitations.

If I had to guess I would think Animal Kingdom would get some more love but again I don't think a two ride expansion is a good enough answer to Epic Universe. Who knows where things will be economically once Epic Universe opens. While historically a strong Universal may have an additive effect on Disney, if people have to be more choosey with their vacation dollars due to budget constraints things may go differently. I think it would be shortsighted for Disney to ignore Epic Universe on the premise of two different target markets or a reliance on the additive effect. Then again I am not a C-suite making the big bucks so what do I know? :) Fun to speculate. I am hoping for some fun announcements at D23.

I can’t speak to others but for us yeah the Universal expansion will lead us to spending more time there. Question is if we’ll try to stay there (probably preferable) or commute from DVC resort. I guess it’s a good problem for customers to have. Disney will have to compete.

I can’t speak to others but for us yeah the Universal expansion will lead us to spending more time there. Question is if we’ll try to stay there (probably preferable) or commute from DVC resort. I guess it’s a good problem for customers to have. Disney will have to compete.
Serious perks to stay on property at their high end hotels. i always stay onsite for my universal stays

if you have a Amex plat card the portofino hotel qualifies for the $200 credit

Serious perks to stay on property at their high end hotels. i always stay onsite for my universal stays

if you have a Amex plat card the portofino hotel qualifies for the $200 credit
I didn’t know about the Amex deal. We loved that resort when we stayed last year.

I didn’t know about the Amex deal. We loved that resort when we stayed last year.
Given avg night costs around $400 and you get the free unlimited express passes which for a family of four cost over $200 the room practically comes off as free on A one night stay

bonus you are eligible for a room upgrade, breakfast for two and $100 food beverage credit

if you have a plat card it’s silly to not stay at universal, the room makes you money

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter