5th floor Contemporary Monorail noise?

Gator Kate

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
This is our first stay in the Atrium. We need a lowish floor due to one in the party's fear of heights. Will we hear the monorail in our room?

We stayed there once, but we were on an upper floor. I don’t remember hearing any noise from the monorail per se, but it’s kinda just noisy in general. It didn’t bother us but we could definitely hear commotion from inside our room when the tv was off (mostly from chef mickeys I’d say).

I agree with PP. I don't recall hearing the monorail, but I was on a higher floor than 5 and I could hear Chef Mickey's and the lobby music from my room.

I can’t speak to a lower floor, only higher floors. If you are really observant and don’t have other things like the HVAC, etc on you can occasionally ‘feel’ an oh so subtle vibration when the express monorail is running through. Although I’ve really only noticed that when it’s dead quiet first thing in the AM when you can pick up on things and most aren’t going to notice. When I’m in the tower I worry more about general atrium noise than the monorail, personally (which is why I usually request to be on the north side of the floor away from Chef Mickeys).

We were on the fifth floor just above the monorail last month. It could be a bit noisy in the evening when large crowds were unloading, but the worst time was late an night when they were doing the final checks or closeout for the day. The radios the workers used to talk back and forth were very loud and annoying at about 1 am each night.

I was on the 7th floor (couple of floors above the monorail), theme park view on the side that's not Chef Mickey. No issues with noise at all for me (monorail or otherwise), I found the room extremely nice and quiet

I was on the 7th floor (couple of floors above the monorail), theme park view on the side that's not Chef Mickey. No issues with noise at all for me (monorail or otherwise), I found the room extremely nice and quiet
same, I've been on floors 8, 9, 11 all TPV and on 7 and 12 resort/lake view and never had a problem with noise. that said, I have always requested to be on the side away from Chef Mickey and its always luckily been granted. once our room was right in the middle of the hallway (on the 9th floor) and i was a little worried at first, but absolutely no problems and room had a great view.

This is our first stay in the Atrium. We need a lowish floor due to one in the party's fear of heights. Will we hear the monorail in our room?
They NEED? If they need a low floor room you need to switch to the Garden Wing or another hotel. You can’t even pretend you aren’t high due to the hallways being open to the atrium.

Can't recall the exact floor we were on, but noise was never an issue for us. The monorail doesn't really make much noise and we couldn't hear any sounds from Chef Mickey's like some others have mentioned. The original design of the Contemporary was such that room modules were installed from the outside, so each room has its own separate walls. In general, we find the tower rooms to be more quiet then most other hotels.

Someone else probably can address this better, but I'm not sure that telling Disney about a fear of heights will guarantee that they will assign you to a lowish floor.

Stayed 5th floor just above the monorail in April. Theme park view side, towards the southern end of the building (Chef Mickey side) so we did not have the queue below us, just tracks. I did not find it noisy at all, there was a little buzz of background noise from the lobby area outside our door but I don't remember that making it into the room at all. We also slept with a white noise machine for our 2-year-old - that may be a good buy on Amazon (portable units for cheap) if you have someone who is a light sleeper.

Maybe request a room in the southern side of floor 5 to avoid possible queue or walkie talkie noise like some others mentioned. It was a great location for us, as I am afraid of heights, but this was low enough for me to enjoy the views without worrying.

I'm just getting back to reading all the replies. Many thanks to all who responded.

Stayed on the 9th floor and the only distractions were the Chef Mickey's celebrations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter