5th Annual Christmas Shopping Thread

We're doing the 4 gifts from us (something you want, something to wear, something to read and something religious). Then we are doing 2-3 gifts from Santa (a craft and a game and maybe something else) and a gift or two from the kids to each other.

Yesterday, I order my Dd7, 2 American dolls (Caroline and Rebecca). I ordered a Maple Landmark train set and a Roll and Play game for my DS (almost 2) from Amazon. I'm glad I have their big gifts out of the way.

I'm all set to run out to Farm and Fleet's Toyland Grand Opening this morning. I asked my DD5 if she could only get one thing for Christmas this year, what would it be and she told me she wanted an art desk. F&F has them $10 cheaper than anywhere else, so that's where I'm going. Their Legos are significantly less expensive there, too, so I am sure I will be buying more than just an art desk this morning. :rotfl: Now to think of where to hide it!

Okay, need some ideas here. I am determined to get all or at least most of my shopping done before December so I can spend the month actually enjoying the holidays. We are heading to a big outlet center thingy next weekend and it may well be my only chance to shop without DD4 and DD2 so I want to get most of it done. I need suggestions for my dad and his fiance. From what I have seen, they don't do much other than hang out with friends. I am thinking about cheating this year and making them a photo calendar of the girls and maybe my nephew too but I definitely feel like I should get them more than that.

Heads up that Skylanders Giants go on sale tomorrow. Most Toys R' Us will be opening an hour early and have buy one get one 40% off figures and accessories. They also have some exclusive figures. Walmart has an exclusive glow in dark figure /portal in the starter pack, Gamestop has an exclusive 3 pack and Target has a exclusive figure.

I just placed my first AG order. Yay for free shipping! I still need to buy a few more clothes on etsy and my dolls life. But I ordered the dolls, hair brushes, the wheelchair and a pj set for each doll.

I'm all set to run out to Farm and Fleet's Toyland Grand Opening this morning. I asked my DD5 if she could only get one thing for Christmas this year, what would it be and she told me she wanted an art desk. F&F has them $10 cheaper than anywhere else, so that's where I'm going. Their Legos are significantly less expensive there, too, so I am sure I will be buying more than just an art desk this morning. :rotfl: Now to think of where to hide it!

DD9 got this one for her birthday this year and she loves it. It's adjustable so the table can "grow" with the child. It was a good purchase for us!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00171I1IY/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

I just placed my first AG order. Yay for free shipping! I still need to buy a few more clothes on etsy and my dolls life. But I ordered the dolls, hair brushes, the wheelchair and a pj set for each doll.

I'm narrowing down DD's list so I can place my order this week! I ordered some clothes from a site called sew dolling. They have a ton of stuff and good prices too!

Got the bus drivers and speech therapist done today, I got a fleece throw for one driver, a thermal mug for another (I'll add some hot chocolate mix), and another fleece throw for the therapist.

I also ordered my DH a new Timex watch. He likes them and it seems like he needs a new one ever couple years.

I'm narrowing down DD's list so I can place my order this week! I ordered some clothes from a site called sew dolling. They have a ton of stuff and good prices too![/QUOTE]

I'll check out that site too. I was looking at the my dolls life and comparing it to the AG outfits. Since the AG outfits come with shoes and sometimes tights and headbands I'm thinking about ordering more from them. At least I know the clothes will hold up and they should have great resell value later on ebay or Craig's List.

On another note - does anyone know how to find authentic AG used clothes on ebay? I did several searches and can't find much of the AG brand that's used.

I'm narrowing down DD's list so I can place my order this week! I ordered some clothes from a site called sew dolling. They have a ton of stuff and good prices too!

I'll check out that site too. I was looking at the my dolls life and comparing it to the AG outfits. Since the AG outfits come with shoes and sometimes tights and headbands I'm thinking about ordering more from them. At least I know the clothes will hold up and they should have great resell value later on ebay or Craig's List.

On another note - does anyone know how to find authentic AG used clothes on ebay? I did several searches and can't find much of the AG brand that's used.[/QUOTE]

SOME of the outfits on sew dolling come with shoes. I got DD a complete tap outfit and a complete rock & roll outfit. Just have to hunt around & read :). They are really nice and made well.

I just placed my AG order. Thank GOD for free shipping. I am not just about finished shopping for DD. Have a few little things to get her, mostly stocking stuffers.

Now on to everyone else!

I am normally the one who does all the Christmas shopping, but I am not working right now, so I consulted the hubs on it Friday. By Sunday, all of the "Santa" pressies were bought or on order. EEkkk. We are doing the need/want/wear/read for the from mum and dad portion but most of that has been bought for months.

DD6 is getting the InnovaTab2 (like a leappad but VTech version) Found at Sam's Club for $80 with case and car charger.

DS7 (almost 8) Used DS from Game Stop $60

DD7 (almost 8) Pan Digital computer tablet found on super deal on amazon $70

DD10 Pan Digital computer tablet found on super deal on amazon $70!

SOME of the outfits on sew dolling come with shoes. I got DD a complete tap outfit and a complete rock & roll outfit. Just have to hunt around & read :). They are really nice and made well.

Sew dolling has adorable stuff but hardly anything for Bitty Twins or Bitty Baby. I think they only had 1 or 2 outfits left. Anyone order from Dreama and have an idea re the quality there? They seem to have a lot more in terms of Bitty Twins/Baby clothing.

My girls all love mocassins from Payless, they are on sale right now, $15.99 for children sizes and $16.99 for adults. Have them shipped to your local store for free, and use code 78443 for an extra 20% off. Just ordered 3 pair for $42.00 w/tax! Great deal!

If anyone is interested in the Razor flash rider Amazon has it this morning for $77. That's the lowest price I've seen, it was $89. Keep in mind that their prices change fast so if you're going to order it don't wait.

We have 4 kids and all have b-days in Aug, Nov and Dec. Our extended family also loves to buy for the kids. It's a lot of toys!:scared1: This year we are buying less and trying:
1. "Something you want, something you need, something you wear, something you read" from Mom & Dad
2. Santa's big gift
3. 3-4 small stocking items (candy, stickers, matchbox cars, etc)
4. A tree ornament and Christmas PJs each child's elf brings before Christmas Eve

I know Santa is thinking of the new Little People Disney castle, carriage, and figures for YDD, and the Toy Story toys may be on YDS's list. ;)

Love this! Told DH abt your list, he loves it too.

We have 4 kids and all have b-days in Aug, Nov and Dec. Our extended family also loves to buy for the kids. It's a lot of toys!:scared1: This year we are buying less and trying:
1. "Something you want, something you need, something you wear, something you read" from Mom & Dad
2. Santa's big gift
3. 3-4 small stocking items (candy, stickers, matchbox cars, etc)
4. A tree ornament and Christmas PJs each child's elf brings before Christmas Eve

I know Santa is thinking of the new Little People Disney castle, carriage, and figures for YDD, and the Toy Story toys may be on YDS's list. ;)

Love this! Told DH abt your list, he loves it too.

We've started the buying!

DD4 turn 5 in Dec, so we are buying for both her birthday and Christmas. For her bday, I ordered her a subscription to Kiwi Crates. Every month they send you a box with one or two projects and all of the supplies. I'm very excited to receive our first crate. At Costco, I picked up a Playdoh set and a Minnie Bowtique set. We also have a few books hidden away.

For her and DD7mos, I splurged on the Little People castle set with princes and princesses. I figured it was something both of them could play with and enjoy in their own way.

I'm having trouble thinking of things for DD7mos... We have all of ODD's toys so we have plenty in that dept and clothes too. I might just get her some books.

Happy shopping!

I've been following this thread from the beginning, and love all the ideas I'm getting for my DD5. Every year, I try to adhere to the "want,need,wear,read" concept from us, and 3 gifts from Santa. But boy, it's getting tough to stop shopping for her, I have so many wonderful ideas (or so I think). Thankfully, her birthday's in February, so I'll be able to split this stuff up between Christmas and her birthday.

So far, I have...
Baby Butterscotch
Friends Legos (the Horse stable and the Riding School)
Madagascar 3 BlueRay
Furby
and the big one, Nintendo 3DS XL...
plus little stuff to fill her stocking and round out the categories above.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend 3DS or DS games for a 5, almost 6 yo girl? We're going to disable the 3D feature in the beginning, so the 3D part isn't necessary for right now. She loves horses and Kindergarten. I just want to get 2 - 3 games for her to open up, so she can play right away. Then we will let her pick her own games after that. I've read that Mario Party is a good one? Any suggestions?? Are there any accessories we need to get right away, or can we live with the system as is?

Thanks - Brenda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter