5th Annual Christmas Shopping Thread

So how are folks doing now? Resting on your gift-wrapped laurels? Or fighting anxiety attacks at the thought of all there is to do yet?

The shopping is mostly done for me but just completing the wrapping. And now I need to get the teacher gifts, etc. Plus bake the homemade stuff and I have NO idea when I'm going to get a chance to do that. One day at a time...

I'm doing pretty good here, I have everything bought except a couple gift cards, I'll pick those up when I'm grocery shopping this week. I even have everything that has arrived wrapped. I'm waiting on a couple things I ordered online, but I'm confident they'll be here this week.

Don't forget if you need to you can freeze cookie dough and pop it in the oven later.

It feels good to be almost done :faint: All I have to do is make homemade dog treats with my girls for four people, then put them into the glass jars that I bought (and etched with a "dog paw print" on the front - thanks Pinterest!). I just have to get through my DDs birthday this weekend and I can sit back and relax and enjoy the rest of the holiday season.

I have to pick up some treats for stocking stuffers and do our baking for teachers/friends...will do that this week...Oh...gotta get the hubby's gift too...know what it will be,...just need to pick it up...
Cold front came through in the night...it's now suuuuuuper windy, a leeeeetttle cloudy and it is cold and feels great! We are supposed to get around the 32 mark tonight... I have been waiting and waiting for this:cheer2: It now feels Christmas-y!!

I'm still wrapping. That's the biggest chore right now. I'm baking a Christmas cookie a week so I get all the kids' favorites in but I'll bake a lot the weekend before. The kids like Santa to have some options :rotfl:.

It's getting here fast! My kids have less than 2 weeks of school left!

I'm about finished. Picked up the last of what I needed today so I need to get those wrapped and them I will be done with presents.

Teachers goodies are baked and in the freezer. I will do neighbors the weekend before.

Right now I'm focused on DD's class party since I'm room mom and we are taking a last minute trip to Chicago this weekend since DH is there on business. Gotta start thinking about packing for that. I need the days to slow down some.

It feels good to be almost done :faint: All I have to do is make homemade dog treats with my girls for four people, then put them into the glass jars that I bought (and etched with a "dog paw print" on the front - thanks Pinterest!). I just have to get through my DDs birthday this weekend and I can sit back and relax and enjoy the rest of the holiday season.

I love the etched jar with dog treats idea :thumbsup2

I have to pick up some treats for stocking stuffers and do our baking for teachers/friends...will do that this week...Oh...gotta get the hubby's gift too...know what it will be,...just need to pick it up...
Cold front came through in the night...it's now suuuuuuper windy, a leeeeetttle cloudy and it is cold and feels great! We are supposed to get around the 32 mark tonight... I have been waiting and waiting for this:cheer2: It now feels Christmas-y!!

I'm a little jealous, it's in the 70's here this week. I'm originally from Illinois and Ohio and I sorely miss the snow and cold this time of year.

I'm a little jealous, it's in the 70's here this week. I'm originally from Illinois and Ohio and I sorely miss the snow and cold this time of year.

I know what you mean. Originally from OH and lived in FL for the past 6 years. I missed snow and cold. Well now we are in VA, it gets cold, hopefully it'll snow this year but doubtfully for Xmas. But the coolness feels good.

we are far enough south that I never see Christmas snow :worried: it's a bummer for sure....I would love to live where it actually gets COLD and snows!! Or so I think.....I possibly could hate it..but I sure do love it here when it's cold and the humidity is zilch....I get plum giddy!:lmao:

I just sat down to figure out what I had and what was left to buy, and discovered that the only thing I need to buy is a bike bag. I about fainted.

I just sat down to figure out what I had and what was left to buy, and discovered that the only thing I need to buy is a bike bag. I about fainted.

That's great!

We live in Oregon, so it's almost always a rainy Christmas :(

I understand, I spent 4 years near Tacoma, WA and I will never forget the ONE Christmas that it actually snowed! It didn't stick, but we were excited anyway. Coincidentally, it also snowed in Iraq that year where my DH was stationed, very unusual.

Any gift ideas for DH? He loves video games and computer games. I need something to go with the game I bought him but drawing a blank.

Mommytink said:
Any gift ideas for DH? He loves video games and computer games. I need something to go with the game I bought him but drawing a blank.

What game did you get him? There are sometimes special edition things you can get to match a game. It would also depend what you'd like to spend, but my DH is a huge gaming nerd and some things I've gotten him in the past are:

A new special edition controller that matched his favorite game--on XBox for Battlefield 3...they have other nifty controllers that aren't specified to one particular game, too.

If he plays online or live games, a good pair of headphones with a mic...Turtle Beach (Beech?) are good noise canceling ones...I don't know what all systems they work with but DH uses them for the XBox and has another set for the computer.

An elaborate mouse for computer games--my DH has a Razer--I'm not sure if this is a brand or what...it's got number keys, a little joystick thing, directional arrows, and other buttons on it that would, I'm assuming, erase the need to use a key board for gameplay...I don't play so I really don't know what all the buttons are for.

All of these were bought through Best Buy--either online or in the store.

Also, DH has some favorite game apparel...tshirts (we have found them at Hot Topic or Spencer's, but just saw a tonnn at our JC Penny's this weekend and they were cheaper than the ones at the other two stores) He also has a sweatshirt that goes to his favorite computer game that he got online. See huge gaming nerd, but pretty easy to buy for! Haha!

Also batteries, batteries, batteries, if he uses a wireless controller!

I'll give it some more thought and see if I can come up with anything else for you...

OMG I need to stop. Made the mistake of going to the mall today (had to hit the Hickory Farms kiosk) and dumb me wandered into Justice & Claire's. My DD is going to think she won the lottery this Christmas! I can't help myself. I love shopping for that kid :santa:

I've been so busy with school and finals, but managed to get away last week to pick up most of the stuff I needed:

My youngest sister picked out a purse from AE when they started their black friday special on the wednesday before, and I got her film to go with the camera I got her.

My other sister is getting a pair of orange and navy tights I found on clearance at Urban Outfitters, a nail polish, and a cami with owls on it to go with the necklace she wants me to make her.

My step-brothers will each be getting a $10 gamestop giftcard.

My step-dad is getting a fiesta mug with fuzzy socks(he likes to steal my mom's fuzzy socks, so we've started getting him his own so she'll stop complaining, lol).

My dad's girlfriend will be getting a scarf I found on clearance at Urban Outfitters for Christmas, and I'm going to make her a necklace for her birthday.

My mom is getting a sweatshirt jacket and a nightgown.

My roommate who's name I drew for secret santa wrote on her slip that she wanted lipstick, unless I drew her name- then she wanted me to make her jewelry. Fine by me- I already had the supplies, so that's out of the way!

My best friend is getting a glass owl lamp that was on clearance with halloween stuff at target, a sweater I got on Black Friday, and Naked eye shadow by Urban Decay that I got with a Sephora coupon.

My other friends at home will get to dig around in my jewelry stock and pick out what they want- it's easier for me, since I don't actually have to do any wrapping :rolleyes1

I also got a fire pit on black friday to put in the stupid christmas game at my father's- I only paid $30 for it, and I think even that is too much to put into the game (it's supposed to be $75, but I'm not spending $75 on a gift for someone when I'm going to end up with some household items not useful to a college student who doesn't own a house :rolleyes:).

All that's left is to buy my dad a Cracker Barrell gift card, and to make my sister and my dad's girlfriend the jewelry I'm giving them.

Finished:
Mom- Heather Moore charm
Brother- Duck Dynasty season 1 & shirt
Sister- Pandora charm
BiL- Golf ball retriever, custom golf balls (ordered, but not in yet), misc. golf items
Niece (soon to arrive! Woo-hoo! princess:)- Kick it piano, clothes
DH- book on how to photograph food and several different styles/colors of plates that he can use for photography purposes
DD- iTouch, case, LoveSac, Disney Movie Night boxes, clothes
MiL & FiL- blu ray player, power strip, cords, etc. DH already hooked this up for them
Nephew 1- Sphero Ball
Nephew 2- Angry Birds pjs, game, & coloring book

Need to Buy/Make:
Dad- satellite radio for his car (I think siblings & I are going in on this. Brother is supposed to be taking care of it. I guess I better check with him today!)

Brother- Hickory Farms set or a large container of beef jerky
Duck Dynasty gag gifts (tupperware tea glass, 'jorts', donuts- hope to microwave this so it's hot when he opens it ;-) ) Any other brilliant ideas?

Sister- gift card for pedicure (Mom is supposed to pick this up for me. I need to check on this.)

DD- Put together the binder of Disney movie night ideas. I have most of it typed up, but I need to finish it and print it.

MiL & FiL- blu ray movie just so they have something to open

SiL & BiL- Lowes gift card b/c they are saving for a grill

Grandma- I need to figure something out for her. We usually buy her some Estee' Lauder, but haven't done it yet.

Phew almost done!

DD13-Smash journal and a TON of accessories, Brave DVD, I made her 2 dinosaur hoodies 1 for school 1 for not-school, wireless mouse for her new Chromebook she bought herself, 2 games (Epic Mickey Power of Illusion and Super Mario 2) for the 3DS my mom got her, Rainbow Loom set plus a bunch of bands for it, a new lunchbox, an R/C monster truck and some cash.

DD9-Madagascar 3 DVD, this weird glitter bird she wanted from Michaels, a glitter bead set, knitting loom, Rainbow Loom, Monster High Werewolf sisters, Werecat twins, bathroom set and am building her a Monster High house and making her 4 beanbag chairs for the Monsters.

DD2-Finding Nemo BluRay-DVD, DoodlePro, big fat beads and string for beading, personalized name puzzle from Lillian Vernon, Belle/Beast Little People set, Little People Buzz Lightyear set, LeapFrog ABC Bucket, tutu, My First Purse, some Color Wonder sets, a cat piano and I am making her Star Wars finger puppets.

DH-Prometheus Blu-Ray, Bourne Legacy Blu/DVD set, Smoko Toast USB Handwarmers, a new light for his fish tank, some compression undies for running and a gift card to the local running store. Now he is asking for electric motorcycle gloves so who knows, might not do fish light, undies and gift card *** those things are PRICEY!!!

My Mom-necklace from AJs Collection that has my kids' names and birthstones, plus a photo calendar from Shutterfly

My Dad-Seasons 1 and 2 of Big Bang Theory, plus had a wood sign made that says "the only thing better than you being my dad is you being my kids' Papa"

DH Mom-necklace from AJs Collection that has her and her 2 deceased sisters names on it (she has 6 grandkids total plus might eventually get more so I'm waiting to get her a Grandma necklace. My mom just has me and we are definitely done with 3, haha)

DH Dad-I make him a photo calendar every year of his 3 kids, 2 daughter in laws and 6 granddaughters, plus this year added a photo mug.

My family draw-I got 1 of DHs aunts and I got her 2 pairs of jammies and 1 pair of fuzzy socks.

DH family draw-he got his other aunt, LOL, and she will get a gift card for a salon in her town.

DNiece9-fish tank and a beta

DNiece6-LaLaLoopsy alarm clock

DNiece1-personalized name puzzle from Lillian Vernon

I think that's everyone?

Just a few more gift cards to buy, plus finishing up DD8. Then I am down to the sewing and wrapping. I hit B&N on Friday and knocked out quite a bit. Some ordering Friday night closed that out. Lots of packages coming this week :santa:

I have one more gift to buy and I am all done. I am going to pick it up tonight. It is a blanket for DH's Grandmother. She just got placed in an assist living home over the weekend so I wanted to get her a nice warm soft blanket to cuddle up with.

this post is a little early~I will be gone all day tomorrow and wont be around, so I am doing it now!

7 DAYS til CHRISTMAS:santa:

Waiting to have an afternoon with NONE of the kids so I can get stocking candy...hopefully will do it tomorrow...I am soooo behind with Christmas cards this year...I usually take a pic of the kids and have it sent no later than the first week of Dec...not doing a pic card this year and still haven't even opened the box!!!:sad2: I feel bad,but we have had so much going on that I havent had anytime to work on them...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter