5K Blog for Big Girls

So...tomorrow (Sunday) is 5k number 4. I know the routine. I'm used to the pre-race jitters leading up to the event. But this one has me totally tied in knots. My employer is one of the sponsors of this one and there will be around 75 people there that I'll know. I don't like that. I know perfectly well that my head is in the wrong place on this one. I shouldn't care that I will likely be last. AGAIN. But last in front of a bunch of people I know is giving me major high school flash backs. I don't want to be last! Sigh...

Bad Daisy, bad! :sad2:

But I shall go. And I shall do my very best. And I will improve on my time from my last 5k in August. And I will celebrate once it is over and enjoy a celebratory breakfast with my good friend.

Ok. Done now. ;)

So, Daisybelle, how did the 5K go???? Do tell!

My 4th 5k was yesterday and it was FABULOUS! :cool1: I had such a good time on this one. My sistah from another mistah did the event with me and it was so nice having someone to do it with who was as focused on it as I was. I'm not one for visiting a whole bunch during an actual event. Any other time, no problem! And she gets that. We both had our music and just went for it. She's a bit faster than me so that really helped me push myself more than I normally would. I finished in 48 minutes and I was so thrilled! I shuffle/jogged every 2 or 3 minutes and it really made a difference. My legs didn't fatigue at all.

And! I wasn't last. Not even close.

The whole event gave me a fantastic boost and I'm ready to sign up for events 5 and 6 now. :cheer2:

My 4th 5k was yesterday and it was FABULOUS! :cool1: I had such a good time on this one. My sistah from another mistah did the event with me and it was so nice having someone to do it with who was as focused on it as I was. I'm not one for visiting a whole bunch during an actual event. Any other time, no problem! And she gets that. We both had our music and just went for it. She's a bit faster than me so that really helped me push myself more than I normally would. I finished in 48 minutes and I was so thrilled! I shuffle/jogged every 2 or 3 minutes and it really made a difference. My legs didn't fatigue at all.

And! I wasn't last. Not even close.

The whole event gave me a fantastic boost and I'm ready to sign up for events 5 and 6 now. :cheer2:

Congrats! I am so glad it went so well! :yay:

Hello there! How is everyone doing on their walking/running programs?
I have 5k number 5 tomorrow. It's the first one where I'm not obsessing about how I'll do. That either means I'm gaining a little confidence or I'm in for a world of hurt tomorrow. :rotfl:

I'm digging this post up from the grave (It's alive..... alive!!!!) ;)

Just wondering if anyone was still around and blogging? I've started a new one about a month ago and re-doing and re-committing to a healty lifestyle. Things have been going pretty good so far. I'm up to Week 4 Day 2 of C25k (again..) and have lost about 11 pounds since re-starting and 15 from my all time high.

Anyway, the new blog is located at http://thereandbackagainandthensome.blogspot.com/

and I'd love to see if any of you still have your blogs going or if anyone has any new ones. I'm always having problems finding blogs similar to "me". And trust me, seeing those who have already gotten where I want to be is inspirational but sometimes a girl just wants to know she is not alone!

I am!! I've enjoyed checking out your blog. Great job! I'm actually in the process of planning/launching my own blog, target date Jan 1. It's going to be focused on training for the Exepedition Everest Challenge as motivation to lose weight. Once it's launched, I'll let you know!

I am!! I've enjoyed checking out your blog. Great job! I'm actually in the process of planning/launching my own blog, target date Jan 1. It's going to be focused on training for the Exepedition Everest Challenge as motivation to lose weight. Once it's launched, I'll let you know!

Ooh! Please do! I can't wait to check it out! I'd LOVE to train for EE Challenge! I just don't know if we will have the funds for the early part of next year. But maybe DH and I can work something out financially during the fall! Can't wait to hear all about your training! What are your plans?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter