$59 ????

son3disfan

DIS Veteran
Is $59 a good deal to fly in March?( family of 5 from Tampa to Buffalo) I booked $54 (non stop flight)to get there and total was $339. ( which I thought was great!) .Now I'm waiting on a flight home and don't really know what to expect. I'm flexable with the days .The only one I can find is a 1 stop( change planes) 5 hour flight for $399.00. Is that the best you've seen in March.? I guess I got lucky with the non stop.Would you book this deal?
I know a few of you book and get a credit if the price drops, but we don't fly enough for that. What's your experience in March. ( I'm flying SW). DO you think a ding is better to wait for :confused3
Thanks!

Oh, I don't mind if you Quote a price from ORLANDO...(not TAMPA)
I'm just curious about what people think a good deal would be and if flights are as cheap in March as they are in FEB....
Thanks again.

Uh, YEAH!!!!
That is a great deal. You better snag it while you can. Just go into Southwest's regular reservations and it's going to be a lot higher, or on to any other airline's website.

$59???!!!

I think $59 would be a good deal to fly from Tampa to Orlando, let alone to Buffalo! :rotfl:

We paid $54 Internet fare for our tickets Jan 30 to Feb 10th, Buffalo to Orlando. I watched the SW DINGS for months.You MIGHT get a DING down to around $39, but it'll be about a month before or less. Being March though, I would be concerned that it would sell out and you'll end up paying $100 or more each. Since you are coming home (and if they lose your luggage, they'll ship it to you anyway) I'd book it.
Use the search, there is a thread on here somewhere that tracks all the DING fares, back at least a year.

CleveRocks said:
$59???!!!

I think $59 would be a good deal to fly from Tampa to Orlando, let alone to Buffalo! :rotfl:
OOOOPPPS! I meant ORLANDO TO BUFFALO........
Thanks for the input though. I thought $59 was pretty good. I'll book it tonight.
If a ding comes out it would be about a $80.00 savings....
I'm not a gambling type so for $80.00 I guess it's worth it to know I have a flight home.
Right??? Although $80.00 Would pay for the STUPID PASSPORT I will need , being Canadian.( I know I don't NEED it because we are travelling OVER by car, then flying domesticly, but I don't want to chance it.)

The fares you quoted are about as good as you will get. There is something to be said for having your plans all finished. You really don't need the passport. We cross the border a couple of times a year without a passport and have had no problems what-so-ever. Save yourself the money and spend it at Disney.

ottawamom said:
The fares you quoted are about as good as you will get. There is something to be said for having your plans all finished. You really don't need the passport. We cross the border a couple of times a year without a passport and have had no problems what-so-ever. Save yourself the money and spend it at Disney.
REALLY? I'm worried they will ask us at the border how we are going to Florida and when we say " FLYING"... They will ask for passports. Or even at the airport .I know security will be different in Jan.
It would be AWESOME not to spend the $300 on passports!
I'm going to sit on the passport thing for a month or so.
Thanks.

O.K. ! I'm booked! Thanks to everyone for your input. I really appreciate it! :love:
I called Southwest and they said if the same flight (same time ect. )
goes any cheaper before I leave, I can get a refund on my credit card for the difference. I have to mail in my info though.That was good to know.
( Hey, $100 is more $$$ for Disney , right!)
The info I have received on this web site has been amazing!
Thanks so much! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter