• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

$535 for one night at Disneyland Hotel

hurleysweety

DIS Veteran
I was just doing some price checking and almost fell out of my chair when I saw that one night at the Disneyland hotel was $535!! Now granted, that price was concierge level. So I took that off and the price was still $335. So lesson learned, some free snacks and drinks are not worth $200 for one night at a hotel (and not even 24 hrs!!). Also, learned that DH and I will never be staying in DLR property hotel... :sad1:

I'm just wondering, does anyone know anyone who would pay $535/night? I mean I guess they can charge that because people will pay it...but really?

I've seen people get it for that rate. Right now the military are getting fantastic discounts (yeaa military). Other discounts you can try are AAA, AP, and senior discounts, with senior discounts being the better option. Every now and then, though, the hotels have a great offer for annual passholders that bring the price down. $300 is way too high for this person, so at that rate I couldn't take advantage. :)

I have stayed in a few places around the world, ***** places,(and I wasn't paying) but I can not see why the DLH can command such prices.
Some people must find that because it is a DLR resort hotel, it must be worth it.

Jack

Well don't take that crazy price to think you'll NEVER stay at a disneyland hotel.

They do have specials, like AP specials and such. It's not always that high.

It is probably crazy people like me that pay that that keep them charging away. I believe we paid 600 something for our GCH CL each night. It didn't bother me a bit. Of course now that I have kids and more people to buy airline tickets for it does add up but if we had the funds right now that is exactly where I'd be again.

Like Molly said they do have lower rates throughout the year, but peak season pricing can get spendy. I think they do something have rooms for under 200 a night during the non peak season. :)

Yep, it's steep, but, in my opinion, staying at these properties totally enhances the Magic. What I think is so great about DL and DW are the huge range of accommodations -- definitely something for everyone!:thumbsup2

We are staying 8 nights at the Paradise Pier with Concierge for $1,627. It seemed to be a good deal. Price also increased dramaticly at the other hotels..DH by $600, GH by $1500. so we said no thanks!

We are military though, don't know if that made a diffrence.

DLH is so worth it!!!! We love staying there!! We booked there on our next trip it was only 1,950.00 for 7 nights

Also, learned that DH and I will never be staying in DLR property hotel... :sad1:

I'm just wondering, does anyone know anyone who would pay $535/night? I mean I guess they can charge that because people will pay it...but really?

Yes, I agree that $200 for snacks is high; however, I think that your thoughts on price will change when you start a family. We have 3 kids and the Disneyland Hotel is perfect for us! Very few hotels allow 5 people in a room, so the price for a room at DLH is actually cheaper than renting 2 rooms at a less expensive hotel. Also, the experience for kids is much more magical & less exhausting when you are on property.

Ive stayed there, and Im sorry but I do not think the rooms are anything special, and I would rather go else where and save a bundle. I have stayed at the paradise pier to and I liked that motel better. but for me neither one is worth the price.

Well, if I could get the Entertainment rate at HoJo, it would cost $420 for 7 nights. It's the same distance, great pool, rooms big enough for 5, great service, and a savings of hundreds of dollars. :confused3 I dunno, it's just no contest for me. We stayed at GCH and it was beautiful, but never again at that price!

Well, if I could get the Entertainment rate at HoJo, it would cost $420 for 7 nights. It's the same distance, great pool, rooms big enough for 5, great service, and a savings of hundreds of dollars. :confused3 I dunno, it's just no contest for me. We stayed at GCH and it was beautiful, but never again at that price!

Yep when you can get the Entertainment rate it is a great deal!!! Atleast the walk from DLH is more interesting than the walk from HOJO's though! hahahah

I love HOJO's too!!! Their pool is awesome

Atleast the walk from DLH is more interesting than the walk from HOJO's though! hahahah

Jinkies, I don't agree. I really dislike the commerce of DTD (and my son's nonstop enjoyment of the commerce), and it's wandering, meandering pathway makes me nuts. I like the nice straight line of the walk to/from hojo, and if I walk on the park side I can hear the music from Disneyland!

Well, if I could get the Entertainment rate at HoJo, it would cost $420 for 7 nights. It's the same distance, great pool, rooms big enough for 5, great service, and a savings of hundreds of dollar

What is the Entertainment rate?

It is a really nice hotel. I'd much rather stay there then offsite. Adds to the magic, the pool is really cool, with the Peter Pan theme. But I wouldn't pay that much per night.

Gotta say I much prefer the DTD walk then the Harbor walk. Much nicer view, but I love shopping too :)

I stayed there once, and I wasn't blown away. Granted, I spent like 35 hours in the parks in 2 1/2 days, so I wasn't really at the hotel for a long period of time. This next trip we're trying HoJos for the first time, and I'm very excited because of all of the amazing reviews on these boards.

I had booked DLH for one of my trips this summer and I cancelled and rebooked at HoJo's. I'm getting an AP with the $$$ I'll be saving!

Thanks everyone! I guess the $535 or $335 is ridiciouls to me, mostly because we will stay at the Marriott Suites for three nights for $44/night. So for seven nights - $308! WOW...still less than $535. Thats just crazy to me.

I know different reasons make the $535 worth it for some people. And hopefully one day we can. I just realized today that its gonna be a loooong way off!

Thanks everyone! I guess the $535 or $335 is ridiciouls to me, mostly because we will stay at the Marriott Suites for three nights for $44/night. So for seven nights - $308! WOW...still less than $535. Thats just crazy to me.

I know different reasons make the $535 worth it for some people. And hopefully one day we can. I just realized today that its gonna be a loooong way off!

Don't worry, I'm totally with you! Mayyyybe one day I would, but I think deep down inside I'll always be too cheap to spend that much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter