• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

51.8 pounds of change

briannesmom

<font color=coral>Definitely not the kind of shot
We are heading to the bank to cash in our change jar as soon as DH comes home. We have one of those big water bottles and it is over 1/3 full. We have been saving for about a year and I am dying to know how much is in there. I am hoping for about $300 but I have no idea.
Any one have any guesses?

hmmmm.. Thats 1 of my toddlers and 1/4 of the other one lol

My guess.... 475

Ummm, we did this once and it will be more than you think. My guess is $1035.88

Good luck!
Cathy

Not to burst your bubble but did you check with your bank before bringing all that loose change?? I work at a bank and it has to be wrapped or we can't accept it.

My guess is around $980.00!!

Maybe she is taking it to a change counting machine? They have those at the grocery stores and stuff now.

My guess is 413.84

Maybe she is taking it to a change counting machine? They have those at the grocery stores and stuff now.

My guess is 413.84

You can buy those change counting things. The one at the grocery charges you to count it, never again! We bought one at Christmas (discounted 50%) and it works great.

The grand total is $528.11! My Dh just about fell over when they told him he was guessing $200 at the most. I pulled 77 singles out of the jug yesterday too.
Our bank branch won't take loose change but a branch a few miles away will.
We are taking a last minute trip to Disney next month so the extra spending money will be great. I told DD the change was our Disney money so she was a bit disappointed the bank just gave us "regular money" instead of Disney Dollars.

You did good!

We save change, too. Sure adds up!

If you have a Commerce Bank nearby they are the best! They have a penny arcade and you just dump your change in and out pops a ticket to get your cash. You don't even have to have an account, and they do not charge anything. Grammy

Good job on all the coinage! We have a bank that everyone puts all their coins into. I never, ever use coins to pay if something is $2.02 I give them $3.00 and the change goes in the bank! Last summer when we cashed it in we had over $800.00!
It's a great way to keep the entire family in on saving for vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter