• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

50th Anniversary on the Dream

bawpotter

Earning My Ears
Hi-

My family and I are taking a Disney Cruise on the Dream for the grandparents 50th Anniversary. We want to make it special for them, how do we go about doing it? We also have an 80th birthday. Is there anything special that anybody has done for a huge event like this? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi-

My family and I are taking a Disney Cruise on the Dream for the grandparents 50th Anniversary. We want to make it special for them, how do we go about doing it? We also have an 80th birthday. Is there anything special that anybody has done for a huge event like this? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Congrats to the grandparents!

Matching t-shirts for everyone. (check etsy and ebay) If there's a lot of people you could use different color shirts for each branch of the family tree.

Would they want to do Remy one evening, or would they rather spend the time with the great-grand kids?

My parents celebrated their 50th on the Wonder in May. We had them note it on our reservation. They were given a special dessert at dinner one night and a Happy Anniversary written in chocolate on a plate at Palo. I looked into a vow renewal and it was $3,500.

If you want anything else special, you would need to arrange it. Enjoy!

They'd probably rather be with their grand kids, I don't think they'd want to go to Palo or Remy. Any little secrets, or cute little things that anybody has ever done? Even something pretty small would be great.

Have each family member write what they love about the happy couple. A memory with them, etc. The little ones can draw a picture for them. Ask for a page per person and set a realistic deadline. Some creative scrapbook types might want to include photographs. Compile the pages in a binder with plastic page protectors.

You could also compile a CD of family pictures and give a copy to each family.

After the cruise, ask each family to e-mail the best of their pictures to one reliable adult who can combine the pictures and make a CD for each family.

Someone could also compile the pictures for a family calendar with a picture or collage of pictures for each month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter