50's Prime Time

Jakesmom1

The Tag Fairy shows herself to no one
We just got back from the world, and I will try to post some reviews on the places we ate. I also have a trip report going that might have a little more info on it.

We were kind of disapointed in our waiter, because he didnt really seem that into playing his part, and we had asked to sit in an area with a playful waiter. Oh well. :confused3

My DH had the Char-grilled Pork Tenderloin glazed with port wine and served with root vegetable hash and apple raisin chutney

100_1247-1.jpg

He said it was very good, loved the apple raisin chutney.

My DS had Golden Fried Chicken - Served with mashed potatoes, chicken gravy, and Southern greens

100_1246-1.jpg

He loved the chicken, but couldnt finish it.

I had the Top Sirloin Steak - char-grilled and topped with roasted mushrooms, red and green peppers, and served with root vegetable hash

100_1248-2.jpg

It was cooked medium rare, just the way I like it. It was very good also.

For desert my DH and I had the Brownie Sundae - Brownie with Vanilla Ice Cream, Hot Fudge, and Caramel topping

100_1249-2.jpg

It was wonderful, and the carmel corn was a real surprise.

My DS had the S'mores

100_1250-2.jpg

He said they were awesome.

We were disapointed in the waiter as far as playing the cousin part, but we were very happy with the food, and it will continue to be one of my families favorites, and a must do for every trip.:thumbsup2

:( We just came back last week also and our waitress was soooo:laughing: good that she has us crying with laughter. My niece ordered the chicken pot pie and she picked our all the mushrooms and she made her try one of them. She told her that she and mom was very pleased that she did, so mom rewarded her with a sundae. Well she dug into the sundae right to the chocolate syrup and she stared to laugh histericaly and me and my sister could not figure out what was so funny, well our waitress put the mushrooms that she did not eat into the bottom of the sundae and she stuck another one into her mouth, well the entire room was watching and we all just broke into a loud l:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . That was the best meal and time we ever had.

Dec. 2 to 15 BWV 2-Bedroom :santa: :santa:

Sorry your waiter wasn't into it. We had the best server in February - Auntie Claire! My mom had never been there before and she absolutely LOVED it!! Everyone's food was awesome too - this is my family's favorite restaurant at WDW!!!

We had a great lunch there. DH had the fried chicken and didn't care for the southern grreens. He put all of his chicken bones on top of the greens. I was sitting infront of him and I didn't even notice. Well our waitress walking by to another table, hardly even pauses before she yells out "Luke, Do you think you can hide all of those greens with your chicken bones?!" It was hysterical. :rotfl2:

the photos of the food look great - sorry your waiter wasn't into playing the part - have never had the steak, it looks pretty decent!

This is so cool. My family and I have wanted to go there but have never actually made it on any of our trips.

We are going to have to make sure to visit this restaurant the next time we are there. I would love to see someone yell at my DH for not eating his vegetables!! :rotfl2:

BTW... how are the prices? I know I have seen a menu but I can't remember.

This is so cool. My family and I have wanted to go there but have never actually made it on any of our trips.

We are going to have to make sure to visit this restaurant the next time we are there. I would love to see someone yell at my DH for not eating his vegetables!! :rotfl2:

BTW... how are the prices? I know I have seen a menu but I can't remember.

We were on the basic dining plan, so everything was included except the tip, but I think the total bill was around $80.00.

If you get a good waiter/waitress it is very funny. You will really enjoy it.

Sorry your waiter wasn't into it. We had the best server in February - Auntie Claire! My mom had never been there before and she absolutely LOVED it!! Everyone's food was awesome too - this is my family's favorite restaurant at WDW!!!

Auntie Claire was our server this past Tuesday also. She really plays the part good. She was doing the airplane trick with a teenager at the table across from us. The whole room, or area we were in, was dying laughing! My sons best friend got up and went to the bathroom without her permission............ Big No No! She comes back to table and asks where Skippy Jr is. She finds out that he went to the bathroom, so when he gets back he gets the 2 finger point and everyone says; shame, shame, shame.

We also saw another lady get put into time out for some reason. I heard Cousin Lou say, put her in time out. Next thing I know, I see a chair pushed in to a corner and this lady getting into it. I have no idea what she did, but everyone was cracking up.

She quizzed my son, after he went to the bathroom, on what color the soap was. She told me to lay off the margaritas as they tend to give me gas. :lmao: Yeah, she was good.

Planning this for our NYE trip this year. My grandparents had been to this one on a trip once. My grandfather got scolded for not eating his green beans, and good ol' grouch that he was, told her real quick he didn't want "no damn green beans"! We still laugh about that one! I can't wait for this dining experience!

This is a "must do" everytime for us..

we had a really fun server "mike"... It was 2 adults, me(37), mom (64).

He asked her if he thought she could do a better job? As he was asking her he was taking off his apron and put it on her. He said I don't have time for this, go take their order (a table that was just seated)..so she did..we all had lots of laughs. Then when she didnt ask if she could go to the bathroom he made her stand up facing the wall holding up a packet of sugar.:rotfl:

Also, we were seated by a knee wall with a large party on the other side. He grabbed the back of her chair and pushed her over to the other table & told her "these are your new cousins" and left her there:banana: it was alot of fun

this is fantastic. we leave in a week and a half and i am so glad that i booked this place. i don't think i would have, but my mom is going, and i think it will bring back memories for her, and keep her telling us stories about grandma. i don't know if my kids will get it, but i really hope to get an aunt/uncle who is in character!

this is fantastic. we leave in a week and a half and i am so glad that i booked this place. i don't think i would have, but my mom is going, and i think it will bring back memories for her, and keep her telling us stories about grandma. i don't know if my kids will get it, but i really hope to get an aunt/uncle who is in character!

When we check in we request a "fun server"..they've written on our ticket "wants to play"...

We are going for the first time in October - after making the ADR I read some iffy reviews, so I am glad to read some good ones!
We will ask for a fun server for sure!

Justplaingoofy - we had "Cousin Mike" as our server too! He was hysterical, and very "over the top" in a good way. He made my 15 yr. old DD bus a table and take dishes to the kitchen. She said she wasn't actually allowed in the kitchen, but stood by the door while he took them in. It was a lot of fun, and we're going again in September!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter