50's Prime Time VS Sci-Fi

We went to 50s pt in 2009 and loved it! I had the fried chicken and thought it was good. I have read reviews that said it was way too salty though. So that shows the difference in opinions. I think you have to give it a shot and see for yourself. We are trying sci fi in September. despite bad reviews I've read because I think its good to try new places. Either way it's Disney and I haven't had a bad time yet!

I love 50's!!!!! I love the banter. and the food. My family loath it.. they don't want to be bothered. to me it's all about the interaction. Sci Fi to me is ok, theming is great, food is ok. If you can... do both
T.

We’ve eaten at both and yes, 50’s is supposed to be more about the “experience”. Each time we’ve eaten there, the server has never played the “part” so the experience aspect of it, wasn’t that great. We did enjoy the food and the nostalgic atmosphere though. I have heard from others that there server played the part really well (no elbows on the table, no dessert if you don’t finish your meal, etc). So it all depends on who you get for your server and how enthusiastic they are!

We did enjoy the Sci-Fi too. We liked sitting in the cars while eating and we really felt like we were at a drive in.

We have been to each once and would never go back to 50s Prime Time. Understandably, it's more about the experience than the food, but the food was truly subpar--like school cafeteria food. Definitely the worst quality food I have had in any WDW restaurant. We also did not get the "experience" from our waitress at all. She just wasn't in to it.

We actually enjoyed the food at Sci Fi and thought it was better than expected.

Do you think it's feasible to do a light lunch @ sci-fi? (Milk shakes and maybe split nachos and another app. or something?) THEN do 50's for dinner?

hmmm... I want to try both! Wow goes to show even 1 week isn't enough!

I couldn't decide between the two, so yeah, we're spending 1 day at DHS and we're going to both!

Lunch at Sci-Fi (12:20) and dinner at 50's (7:40). :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter