50's Prime Time vs Mama Melrose's

tgbanks3

Mouseketeer
I have 50's PT booked but really looking into the Fantasmic package with MM.

I have 4 kids so was looking forward to the experience at 50's PT but I know it's no longer guaranteed getting a server willing to play the part. Food wise, I think it's a wash. We love southern comfort food but also love Italian, assuming the 4 cheese sauce is somewhat similar to alfredo sauce. Is the reserved seating at Fantasmic worth giving up the atmosphere at 50's PT?

Depends...
As of late (Recent event reports and just back threads,) F+ has been really busy.
So it may be worth it. Seems like now til New Year's is really going to be busy.
Also, I'm not particularly fond of 50'S PT...
We did MMs last year, the food (except for the Flatbread Pizza) was excellent, but the service was slow.

Last edited:
Well, we're going 2nd week of January, which is known for being slower (I'm well aware there's no such thing as a slow period anymore). But I'd rather show up 30 mins prior to showtime and have reserved seating than showing up 60 mins prior to try and get decent standby seats.

The last time we went to MM (dec 2015) with two people our entire experience was almost 2 hours long. The service is extremely slow. I think the kids would love the theme of 50PT. The last two times we were there (both in 2015) with 2 adults our servers "played the part." Called my boyfriend skippy, said to get our elbows off the table and put the toys away (cell phones), etc.

Yes I think the Fantasmic package is worth it. I actually prefer the food at Mama Melrose
If you are using a dining plan. But you can get a fast pass for Fantasmic and get a less expensive dinner or eat where you want.

I love the 50's cafe myself. The Chocolate Peanut butter cake is must on every trip. :)

We went in August which is also a slow time and went to Fantasmic! about 20 minutes before show time and got good seats. This was also on an PM EMH night. I don't think a dining package is necessary.

Personally love the Fantastic package at MM, really nice to have a late lunch there and some time to spare before the show.

Eaten twice at 50s and both were very mediocre experiences - neither time did the cast members "play the part" at all

Ate mm last week with f dining package..$45 pp for app, drink, entree and dessert platter! A lot of food!!! We had great service and the food was awesome!

Question about mama melrose - did their bread change, or do they offer rolls at lunch time and the breadsticks at dinner?

My family LOVED 50's prime time. Our waiter was fantastic and we all laughed the entire meal. Not only was our waiter hysterical, but so was the waitress for the tables next to us. They both interacted with our table, and my niece and nephew could not stop laughing.

We have never eaten at 50s, but really enjoyed our Fantasmic package at MM last year. The apps were yummy and so were the mains. The steak was one of the best I had all trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter