50s prime time vs. counter service

iwasdaisy

Mouseketeer
I keep debating back and forth. We usually only do one table service per day. This particular day we have later reservations at Cali Grill, but I'm not sure there is anything decent for counter service at HS. This will be our only day at the parks with my parents who might get a kick out of 50s, but not sure if the extra hassle/money of a scheduled table service is worth it (we'll have a 5 year old and a 1 year old too). If not 50s, are there ANY counter services that are good? My parents can be a bit.....picky. :)

Everybody on here hates on ABC Commissary but we think the food is pretty good. The seating is great also.

50's prime time is really fun and the food is good. It will give everyone a break in the day. Unless your budget is too tight, I would go for it.

I would go with the Prime Time. The food is great and the experience is lots of fun.

If you go with quick service, we like the Backlot Express and Rosie's.

A like prime time, but starring rolls is pretty good CS. Their desserts were yummy, and their sandwiches aren't too bad either.

I also think ABC Commisary is the ONLY edible CS at HS. We usually have lunch at 50's but last trip we ate at ABC. It was pretty good and you can watch TV while you are eating. Lots of seating.

I personally would choose Starring Rolls (CS) over Prime Time. But that's just my opinion. :)

We had lunch at 50s primetime last week, and have also eaten there on a previous trip - we really enjoy it. Relative to other Disney restaurants, it is pretty inexpensive. The antics can be really cute (though vary broadly depending on your server). The fried chicken and peanut butter and jelly shake are delicious!

We also had lunch one day at ABC Commissary. It was fine - certainly not anything to write home about, but definitely not as bad as people sometimes build it up to be.

I enjoyed 50's and don't find them to pricey. For CS locations, my favorite is the backlot express.

We usually eat at the ABC Commissary at least once/trip when we are in Hollywood Studios. It isn't fabulous, but it is better than many people make it out to be.

You can always go into the Tune-In Lounge at 50's and sit at the bar with the full menu available (no reservation though so you need to kind of plan for an "off time of day" or be prepared to maybe hang out and wait - You'd get to see the décor and hear the antics going on - plus get the milkshakes or drinks "from Dad's liquor cabinet" (I like the Mowie-Wowie).

You could also try the Hollywood Derby's new lounge area -

PT 50's is good, but if you don't have a CM that's into the "role' of being your cousin, with "mom cooking in the kitchen", it's not worth the $$. And you can't guarantee you will get a fun CM. Depending on your budget -- do it. Or go to Starring Rolls for a great QS, or the new lounge at the BD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter