50's Prime Time review

mickeysbestfriend

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

We just got back from our first Christmas trip and we ate at Prime Time twice.

After many visits my wife finally got her due! Our waitress, Tracey Sue, caught her flicking a paper straw ball at me and made her stand against the wall holding a sugar packet against it with her nose!! Everyone in our section got into the exchange between Tracy Sur and my wife and it was hilarious. I will post a pic when I can figure out how to get the pic off my phone :))

Tracey Sue was fantastic and if you are lucky enough to get her you will have a great time!

At our second dinner we had Courtnay and she was awesoem! I got caught texting at the table and was severely admonished and told I had to go stand in the corner.

Hats off to these two wonderful cousins!

Bill and Faith

Our cousin did very little....she did tell my dh no texting as those things don't exist yet and my kids purposely kept putting their elbows on the table in hopes of getting caught. We did have a cousin at the next table who was very involved...in fact admonished a woman for not eating her veggies and picked up her spoon and loaded it with mashed potatoes and made her take a bite. :rotfl2: Then her mother walked over from another section of the restaurant and was sent home :rotfl:
The food was only so-so though in my opinion. I had fried chicken, dd and dh had the chicken pot pie...ds had something off the kids menu but not sure what...maybe chicken fingers.

We had Donna who was also very much into her character. My son, who is a big ham, kept doing things to get into trouble. He even had to sweep the whole restaurant.

Our last trip we had a waitress who wasn't really into it. She just told us to set the table and keep our elbows off the table.

I'm really looking forward to eating here for the whole experience... my camera will be at the ready!

to let you know that the meal was very good. The fried chicken we had was great. Almost as good as the Hoop Dee Do! I had the green beans w carrots and mashed taters and my wife had a double order of greens.

It is one of our "must dos" when we are at WDW!

Hope all of you have great experiences as well!

Bill and Faith

We LOVED it here too! My DS got put on the wall for texting. I got put on the wall because of my DS. Our cousin Lou from Morroco told me to eat my pickle or I wouldn't get dessert. So, I ate MY pickle. My DS, who doesn't like pickles, put HIS pickle on my plate. I put his pickle back on his plate and was caught by cousin, so off to the wall I was! Then, my mom couldn't finish her dessert and was fed like a baby camel. It was hilarious. I laughed so hard I almost cried!
The food is good!

My family and our neighbors went to Disney last summer for our "Neighbors Do Disney" adventure.

We ate at Prime Time and it was a blast right from the start -- before we even sat down.

We had SUCH an amazing waitress who made the dining experience hysterical and unforgetable!!

The food there is delicious too!!

It is a definite MUST do and MUST do again and again.

for my wifes B-Day trip last week and as always the food was great but our waitress just didn't seem into character. She went through the speil with the energy of a 4 watt light bulb. We were close enough to other tables who had other waitress and waiters who were much more fun. My wife and sister did manage to get into trouble by having a paperball (straw wrapper) fight but it was just a stern look :(

I'd love to go to prometime, but the husband thinks food is no laughing matter- can you request the 4 watt waitress I wonder?

Our waitress wouldn't take our dessert order until I finished my green beans. I emptied them into my metal milkshake container and finally had a clean plate. She cleaned our table and took our order for dessert. She brought my daughter's dessert first and then she placed a plate in front of me and I was so shocked it was my green beans covered in whipped cream.:rotfl2:

We love this place too and the food is excellent.

request a specific waitress and if they are working they will try to accomodate you. It may delay your seating time but it is worth the wait. I walked the restaurant first to see is Tracey Sue or Courtnay were working but alas they were not.

As to the food quality, it is excellent. My wife thinks the chicken is great and I love the chicken, pot roast and meat loaf. It is one of the more reasonably priced venues as well.

Give it a try!

I have booked us for PT in April. I so hope we get a great waiter/waitress. I have booked this for my dh. He loves meatloaf and this is the era in which he was raised. I hope he has fun.

This place is so hit and miss for us. I hate to pump the kids up about it and then just get a waitress that's so-so. (Happened the last two visits!) We are trying it again this year after a few years of skipping it...but I'm not going to tell the kids anything except try to egg them on...(They were too young to remember the other visits with our older kids) I'm glad most are having a great time here...it can be really fun with the right server.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter