• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

50's Prime time or Plaza resturant

wedance6

Mouseketeer
We need to pick one more resturant for the dining plan.......which one?
50's or Plaza

We've enjoyed both. I'd say pick the one that is most convenient to where you plan to be on that particular day.

Both are good, but I would nudge towards 50s as it tends to immerse you into the experience.

Neither is a gread deal because the dishes are less expensive than most, but I would definitely go with 50s because of the expereince. I am not saying the Plaza is bad but to me is is barely more than a CS (A good CS none the less) with tables and wait staff.

OMG! I would definitely say 50's Prime Time! :banana: We LOVE it! We go every trip! The experience is fun and the food is good (depending on what you get).

The experience at Primetime really depends on who your server is...we have been twice and the first time was great...the second time not so great. So don't base your decision on the experience or you could be disappointed. Having said that, we like both places. Primetime has great food and the milkshakes are fantastic! The Plaza has more burgers/sandwiches and the milkshakes are the best we've had at WDW! My kids were very disappointed that we were not going to the Plaza on our next trip. Take a look at the menus and see what appeals more to you.
Where are you going to be that day? I wouldn't hop to a different park for either one of these restaurants. :goodvibes

I haven't ate at the Plaza but I have to be the only one
who didn't care for the interaction with the server at 50's Prime Time.
I was not in the mood for play along, I just wanted to eat
but they won't leave you alone and let you just eat your lunch.
Our server (so called Cousin)had a heavy accent I could not understand.
We were put in a booth with a split table and had to
interact with the next table of strangers who were annoying.
I thought my Salmon was good but it was so hard to enjoy
eating it with all of the noise and having to play along.
So, if you like that type of atmosphere eat at 50's but
I for one could not wait to get out of the twilight zone.

I agree with the last poster... on the fact that you have to want the experience to really "get" and enjoy 50's.

I LOVE 50's. It's a must do for me, but for the experience, not the food. Not that the food's bad, but it's about the fun.

I love both.
I think the most important thing, as others have said, is where do you plan to be on that day. Make your Park plans first, than make your ADR's in or near where you will be on that day.
Have a Great Trip

I would book 50s. The Plaza tends to stay available, so it's easier to change to that one if your plans change (probably Disney's best kept secret!) 50s books up because I think there's a lack of decent dining in HS...we won't touch CS in that park! Only have 50s for lunch!!

I vote for the Plaza. We have done both and 50's is not on our list to go back to! The food was just okay; atmosphere was not that great to us! We went to Plaza for the first time last year, and we will go back!! Food portions are huge. Could easily share. YUM can't wait to go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter