• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

50's Prime Time Cafe

robnoxious

Mouseketeer
OK Very quick question here. Do we do a dinner at 50's Prime Time Café or no? I've read a lot of mixed reviews online but know that my fellow Dis-ers will know best :)

We love 50's Prime Time. I suspect the "mix" in the mixed reviews might stem primarily from people who do not particularly enjoy the entertainment aspect of the meal and prefer to eat their meal without a server giving them a hard time about not eating vegetables, elbows on the table, etc. That was fun for us, and the food is not terribly fancy but it is very good. Give me a PB&J milkshake at the end of any meal, and I'll be happy!

We do 50's Prime Time every trip, we love it! The fried chicken is amazing. We've gotten waiters that were either really into playing their part and some that didn't really bother, but the milkshakes and fried chicken always keep me going back.

We love that place. I'm taking my grandson and husband their on their birthday July 12th(they share the same birthday). I have never been on a birthday so I hope it is a blast. The food is very good

now I think I'd like some fried chicken. Sunday maybe. Not making an ADR...hope to get it at the bar.

And its booked!!! Thank you everyone!!

You won't regret it, we eat there every time we go. Relaxing, good home cooking and fabulous milkshakes. My daughter caught strep throat 2 days before we went many years ago. She felt horrible. HS was the first park we went to (MGM at that time), we were pushing her stroller into the park entrance, she looked up and said, I want to go home (meaning NC) we almost panicked. Got to 50's about 30 minutes before our ADR and asked if we could get in early to give her something to hopefully make her feel better, they were wonderful. Our server brought her a milkshake and chicken soup without even asking. A totally changed little girl, she didn't ride anything that day, but had a wonderful time anyway it made our day and we always remember it when we go back.

Have a great time.

Yes, unless you're the sort of person who doesn't like playing along with the "theme." If you would get angry at a waitress pretending to be a family member and playfully scolding you for taking out a cell phone or not eating your vegetables, this probably isn't for you.

But if you would find that fun, the food is great and you should definitely go!

Hi this post also interest me too. I also booked for this and everyones comments are putting my mind at ease.:thumbsup2
Can't wait to go now.

We really enjoyed it. Our waiter brought me about 5 glasses of water after I sucked down my first so fast, along with a park map with all the restrooms circled! My family LOVED that he was making fun of me. There were a few other funny things that happened, nothing embarrassing but good fun!

I will give another thumbs up for the fried chicken. I can't remember the last time I had had some, and their version took me back to my childhood :)

I love it at 50's! The food is good but pretty standard, but the theming is fantastic and fun.
However, I usually skip the table service and just visit as a walk-in to sit at the bar/living room for a milkshake :mickeybar

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter