• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

50's Prime Time Cafe

kadesha

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to decide if I want to eat here in June. Could you guys tell me about and post pics if you have any? How are the waitresses, I mean, I've heard they tell you to take your elbows off the table, etc. but do they ever over-do it?

We just got back from Disney and absolutely LOVED prime time! We would rank it actually in our top three dining experiences.

Our "Aunt" Debbie was fantastic. She was fun but not overwhelming. I think she could tell which families came to be picked on and which didn't. She lectured my sister about elbows on the table and made some other cracks and we loved it. A family next to us obviously knew of their reputation and the dad sought out to get in trouble over and over again! She was great, and we actually had some fun conversing throughout the meal about where we were from and how our trip was going.

Here are some pics of food and my two sisters. I forgot to take pics of our entrees but they were delish! I think we dove into them so fast we didn't remember pictures until afterwards!

50sprimetime.jpg

Root Beer float (drink on DDP)
rootbeer.jpg

Shake (drink on DDP)
shake.jpg

Smores
smoresa.jpg

Caramel Sundae
sundae.jpg

Dad's Brownie Sundae
dadsdessert.jpg

We had a great time there for 2 meals in 2008. Our servers were very good. One trip it was just me and DH and the waitress was very low key. Next trip, we had our kids and our waiter was awesome with them -- and the kids kept egging him on to see how far they could push it.

He didn't feed them their food or make them get up and sing or anything like that - just good-natured teasing that was just the right amount.

It's the only restaurant my kids have ever directly asked to return to!

Last month I went there for dinner with of my friends from Orlando and our server was Uncle Tim who told us all the rules, then he made me take of my hat and I am serious about that. Later on because one of my friends did not finish all their vegetables Uncle Tim feed him making an airplane sound, which I thought was very funny.

Prime time great. The antics from the wait staff are fairly harmless and nothing to be afraid of. And the food is very good as well.

Prime Time is awesome! It is a must-do for us. Highly recommend the meat loaf....yuuummmy!!

LOL, that's what I asked my sister when I saw it! There were good size graham crackers underneath; they are just covered by the gigantic marshmallows on top. She loved these and would gobble them up everynight if she could!

For those of us who actually grew up in the 50's the major attraction is the food! The first time we went my wife nearly cried as the fried chicken tasted exactly the way her mother's did some 50 years ago! The pot roast tastes just like my mom's (only better). Great wait staff who seem to know how far to take the "act." We celebrated my birthday there a couple of years ago and I still have the card signed by all of my "cousins" who were seated at the tables nearby. Great fun! :thumbsup2

Our waiter kept reminding us to keep our elbows off the table. My DH kept forgetting so the waiter finally came over and told him to "sit back" - then proceeded to squirt 3 rows of ketchup on the table in front of DH. He put the ketchup down and walked away!

Before our food came - he brought DH two dish cloths (one wet, one dry) and told him to clean up. It was hysterical!

Other than that, our waiter was cute, but he didn't make anyone stand in the corner. The waitress for the table next to us had us all point to someone at their table and chant "shame, shame, shame!" for something they did.

The food was really good and we thought the place was fun.

You can tell the server how much "fun" you want and the servers can turn it down a bit. The food and fun are the reason we go! Love it the fried chicken

We loved it! I hadn't been in almost 20 yrs, since my first trip to Disney. I had wanted to go each time we went back but it just never happened. I remembered it as being so much fun and was really worried it wouldn't live up to it, but boy did it! Auntie Claire was great, picking on all of us. Everyone except DH loved our food. DH had never had fried chicken before (I know, I know, I don't know how this is possible) and he just didn't like it. Here's the only pic I took, my niece being upset that she had to eat her green beans:

n44201769_32273522_87.jpg

Have fun on your trip!

We Absoutely love this place. It is a must do every time we go. Yes they mess with you . It's all in good fun . The Pot Roast is Yummy :thumbsup2

I'm gonna be "That Guy." I can't possibly agree with anyone here. I've only been there once and I promise you, I problably will never step foot in there again. Granted, I didn't know what we were in for when we got there, I figured it would be like the Nifty Fifty restraunts around here. Nope. We had ADR's but needed to wait for about 45 min for a table and it was HOT out. Finally we get a a table and then I'm told I need to remove my hat. I didn't really want to since I'm kind of a hat guy but I didn't have a choice. OK, I'll play along.

Ummm, excuse me Miss, the pile of silverwhere and plates you left on the table needed to be "set." Oh sorry, didn't realize it was my job to set the table.

Take my elbow's off the table? Lady, it's been a long hot day, I've been sitting out front for 45 min, and I'm tired.

What do you mean finish my veggies or no desert? I'm 30 yrs old, I'm paying for desert, and I'm not enjoying the veggies. Why are you now yelling at me?
:mad:

I'm sorry, what? No, I think the busboy is supposed to clean up the dishes not the customer.

So in a nutshell, after having a LONG HOT DAY in the park, I kind of just wanted to sit and relax at a decent dinner but I left feeling a little stressed. So, for me I'll pass next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter