• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

50s Prime Time Cafe solo?

Carolyn Louise

Mouseketeer
The more I read about 50s Prime Time Cafe the more fun it sounds. I've almost managed to convince myself that HS would be worth a trip even if only for half a day, and this restaurant is a big part of the appeal to me...but is it as good an experience for solo diners as it seems to be for families? Has anyone dined there alone, and did you feel comfortable/welcomed?

Generally speaking I'm not intimidated by solo dining, but being somewhat introverted I tend to pick quiet places where I can sit in a corner with my phone or a book and read/people watch. Sometimes I do sit at bars and make chitchat with the bartenders to force myself out of my comfort zone, but then I tend to get tongue-tied when meeting characters. :rolleyes: But the interaction at the cafe sounds like a lot of fun! Thoughts?

The bar at 50's Prime Time, the Tune-In Lounge, is a great option for solo dining. You get to order off the menu without the hassle of an ADR. The bartenders there are great, hopefully Julie is serving, she is the best! Plus you get the chance to interact with other people sitting at the bar. One of my favorite places in all of property!

I've been with my family, next trip will be with my husband, and I would absolutely go by myself if given the chance. I love the place.

I would go by myself and I didn't go there for years for fear of the "interaction." I've been there when they got everyone in our room taking a "trivia" type test. Each table had their own and we had so much fun helping each other with their answers because no one wanted to get an incomplete. More often than not we end up talking to our neighbors. It's fun to watch other tables and be prepared for your Mom or Dad potentially tease you. And don't break a big rule or you might be standing with your nose to the wall. Go with it, lots of fun! :thumbsup2

The more I read about 50s Prime Time Cafe the more fun it sounds. I've almost managed to convince myself that HS would be worth a trip even if only for half a day, and this restaurant is a big part of the appeal to me...but is it as good an experience for solo diners as it seems to be for families? Has anyone dined there alone, and did you feel comfortable/welcomed?

Generally speaking I'm not intimidated by solo dining, but being somewhat introverted I tend to pick quiet places where I can sit in a corner with my phone or a book and read/people watch. Sometimes I do sit at bars and make chitchat with the bartenders to force myself out of my comfort zone, but then I tend to get tongue-tied when meeting characters. :rolleyes: But the interaction at the cafe sounds like a lot of fun! Thoughts?

I've eaten at 50's Prime Time solo three times. Each time, it was really interesting how the server was nothing more than a polite server at any WDW restaurant.....that is, until I initiated any teasing-"So did Grandma get up real early to get my chicken pot pie ready?" And I've always met other people that are super friendly. Maybe it's my age, but when a group of people all sing "Car 54 where are you?" together, it sort of brings out the friendliness.

Love the bar and I enjoy people watching as well; all the families coming in and adults telling their children how they grew up first on black and white TV. Some of the looks are priceless!

My cousin went by himself a few years ago and he did the 50's Prime Time Solo. He said it was the highlight of his time in HS and didn't mind being solo. I say go for it! The way they have it set up, it's very cozy and would be easy for someone to be a part of the atmosphere. The servers are hilarious.

The bar at 50's Prime Time, the Tune-In Lounge, is a great option for solo dining. You get to order off the menu without the hassle of an ADR. The bartenders there are great, hopefully Julie is serving, she is the best! Plus you get the chance to interact with other people sitting at the bar. One of my favorite places in all of property!

I was planning to do this my last solo visit, but it was Star Wars Weekend and I failed to anticipate the demand. I didn't have an ADR and you couldn't even get in the door of the Lounge. But I plan to try again next time I'm on a solo trip.

My cousin went by himself a few years ago and he did the 50's Prime Time Solo. He said it was the highlight of his time in HS and didn't mind being solo. I say go for it! The way they have it set up, it's very cozy and would be easy for someone to be a part of the atmosphere. The servers are hilarious.

Did he sit at the bar or at a regular table?

I'm going solo next week, and don't want to sit at the bar. Sounds like some PPs or friends of PPs have sat at a regular table as a solo (anyone confirm)?

I've been with my kids at a tv table, and we got a nice but no fun interaction server. Which is fine - either way is fine with me, as I'd be content to watch the other tables interact (which is what we did when we went).

I will be eating solo here on Jan 28 and was worried about the same thing but have decided I am going to go and just enjoy the atmosphere. I love '50's and don't want to miss out on it. I'm also going mid afternoon so it may not be as busy.

Do it!! I've done it with friends before & it's a fun place so I decided that I'm going there on my solo trip in two weeks.

Do it!! I've done it with friends before & it's a fun place so I decided that I'm going there on my solo trip in two weeks.

Maybe I'll see you there! I've also got a solo trip planned, and I'm in DHS on January 18th, the day I arrive. Since airplanes are very unreliable in times of landing, I haven't made ADRs (don't want to pay the penalty if the plane's late), but I'm going to try for a walk-in when I arrive.

Did he sit at the bar or at a regular table?

I'm going solo next week, and don't want to sit at the bar. Sounds like some PPs or friends of PPs have sat at a regular table as a solo (anyone confirm)?

I've been with my kids at a tv table, and we got a nice but no fun interaction server. Which is fine - either way is fine with me, as I'd be content to watch the other tables interact (which is what we did when we went).

He sat at a regular table. I've also eaten there semi-solo. My mom and I went and she ended up not feeling well and going back to the hotel so I stayed and finished my meal. I ended up talking a lot with the tables near me so I didn't feel completely alone.

He sat at a regular table. I've also eaten there semi-solo. My mom and I went and she ended up not feeling well and going back to the hotel so I stayed and finished my meal. I ended up talking a lot with the tables near me so I didn't feel completely alone.

Thanks for letting me know!
I'm definitely going to eat at Sci-Fi Cafe on my solo trip (starts tomorrow!) - my kids are too scared of the movies to eat there - but now I will add 50's PTC. It's such great theming - I really enjoy the escape feel of a Disney vacation, and restaurants such as these are just not anything like home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter