50's Prime Dine??

toni nicole

Mouseketeer
I have a reservation here because I went all the time when I was really little and I remember the atmosphere and I love restaurants like Johnny Rockets and such. Looking at the menu there doesn't seem to be much of an option but I would still love to try. Anyone have any opinions on the food there and recommendations on what to get?

It's all good. We ate there last month, and it was honestly the best meal of our entire trip. Fried chicken, pot roast, meatloaf....all very good.

It's old fashioned comfort foods, so if the menu doesn't appeal, there are other restaurants to choose from. But DH loves the fried chicken and I always alternate between the pot roast and meatloaf. And their milkshakes are great.

Our gang leans toward the onion rings and the chicken pot pie. I even got the crab cake one time and was very pleasantly surprised (wanted something a little lighter/smaller). As a general rule, whether we're eating there or just walking in the general vicinity, I will get a PB&J milkshake. The last couple of times we were there, they also had a red velvet cupcake milkshake that was mighty tasty...not sure if that was a limited time thing or if it's still there.

When we go, my wife and I usually each get an appetizer then share the Sampler Platter. It has fried chicken, pot roast, meat loaf, mashed potatoes and green beans. It is enough to feed us and it is always good. The pot roast (to me) is the best. The fried chicken is always very good as well. The chicken pot pie is also very good as well.

The atmosphere and themeing is one of, if not the best on property. The banter is always fun with the servers and just the overall experience is always great. One of our favourite spots on property.

I do not think you will be disappointed :)

I'm one of the few people who don't like the place. The food, while decent, is very heavy and since I'm southern, not anything I don't get at home. I've never enjoyed the interaction with the servers, again southern, I can get yelled at at home. The bar, however, is great and you can't beat the look of the whole place. I agree, the milkshakes are worth a visit though.

The first time I ate here I had the pot roast, and it was possibly the best pot roast I've ever had. Since then I've had the pot roast three times, and it's always been...OK. I think it really depends on the chef on duty. Definitely a fun place to eat, though.

We don't think any of the restaurants at DHS are very good, including 50s Prime Time. But if you must eat dinner at DHS, it and Sci-Fi are your safest choices. In my opinion. The pot roast and fried chicken are decent!

We like the pot roast and the chicken pot pie. Grandkids love the PB&J shake too. I think this trip I'm going to try the stuffed pork chop :p
ENJOY!!

Never had a bad meal there. Love the fried chicken, pot pie, pot roast, meatliaf, onion rings, mac and cheese. Milkshakes are fabulous and we love the antics. Had a great birthday there.

My H likes the fried chicken and I enjoy the pot roast. It's definitely comfort food in a fun atmosphere.

I'm not a very big meat eater so I always get the salmon which I've enjoyed, I used to get the tuna casserole when it was on the menu and loved it!

I enjoyed it very much. I had the chicken pot pie and I thought it was very good. The service was excellent for it being so busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter