• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

$500 Gift Card for only $395?

I got one but forgot to tell DH about it. How soon before you arrive can you do it? If I arrive on Friday can I still do it? Although I do have two seperate ressies - one arriving Friday and one arriving 8/16.

I got one but forgot to tell DH about it. How soon before you arrive can you do it? If I arrive on Friday can I still do it? Although I do have two seperate ressies - one arriving Friday and one arriving 8/16.

I thought someone said the e-mail had to be redeemed at least 7 days before your arrival date? I might be wrong, but if you go back through, someone posted the e-mail verbatim.

I guess it's like a 20% off card. I think the pin we used for our May trip was better. We received a free $500 giftcard per reservation that we used for food (with T in W card, too) and purchased an AP with the other. All you had to do was book 5 nights (we booked at ASMu for 880 per room, included a 1 day pass for each as well and this was 6 nights each) Basically we paid 380 each room plus have a 1 day entrance left, for 2 of us (that just increased in value)! This was a PIN that you could book up to 3 rooms with and get 3 $500 cards!

I just called about this. The CM I spoke to said:

No, cannot be used for park tickets or to upgrade park tickets.
Yes, can be used for refillable mugs.
Was not sure about the photopass CD, said they had been advised to direct guests to call the photopass line directly and ask them (which I have not done yet).

The only reason I am even remotely considering this is because DF and I will be going back to WDW in September for our honeymoon. Otherwise, there's no way I would spend that much money (even the $395) on merchandise ALONE on our upcoming trip in 10 days. For one thing, the kids already each have a $25 gift card for their souvenir money. I think that is PLENTY for them. Some of them have more of their own money they've been saving also. That's the other thing... unfortunately, we already bought $100 worth of Disney gift cards (we have 4 kids)... so that would mean spending ANOTHER $395 on top of that..... unless we could somehow use the $100 in gift cards to help pay for the merch credit... hmmm....:confused3

DCLbrideSept2009, a person who called on 7/31 said that the CM said NO to the mug question. Crazy CMs...

jcanary, that was on page 10...however, the CMs can see what promotions are tied to your account. On page 9 someone mentioned that the CM told them the PIN was in their "shopping cart", and the following day the Dis'er received the email with the PIN. So since the CMs can see it, they probably don't have to take the PIN from you, as long as they go looking for the promo in the person's account. So that's rpobably why it isn't working for you, b/c it isn't in your account.

If only we could crack the code of who gets PINs and who doesn't!

The e-mail references having already booked a package so I think that if you didn't book a package that you aren't going to get one. This was the first time I've booked a package and also the first pin I have ever gotten.

It does have to be ordered 7 days before you arrive.

I did not get anything when I called and ordered it that said what I was getting. It did show up on an invoice as paid the day I called. When I checked in they didn't have it and I had to ask. He looked and said oh I see it and got it with no problem. The paper it is attached to tells you the starting balance and the remaining balance is printed on the receipt everytime you use it.

Oh and I got my e-mail on July 10th and we arrived on the 29th.

DCLbrideSept2009, a person who called on 7/31 said that the CM said NO to the mug question. Crazy CMs...

jcanary, that was on page 10...however, the CMs can see what promotions are tied to your account. On page 9 someone mentioned that the CM told them the PIN was in their "shopping cart", and the following day the Dis'er received the email with the PIN. So since the CMs can see it, they probably don't have to take the PIN from you, as long as they go looking for the promo in the person's account. So that's rpobably why it isn't working for you, b/c it isn't in your account.

If only we could crack the code of who gets PINs and who doesn't!

When we received the PIN for the free 500 giftcard, the phone number on the postcard prompted you to put the PIN in even prior to getting a CM. It wasn't the regular WDW reservation number.

I just got off the phone from ordering the $500 card. I hope I don't regret spending that much money. It's good to hear that they can be used for refillable mugs. We will be buying 5 refillable mugs as soon as we arrive at the Poly.

:jumping1: Just got my $600.00 card for $445.00:cool1: free dining and $155.00 free. life is good,god is great, and people are crazy....:lmao:

I do too! I am 19 days out today-starting to get worried that I won't get one!

Try calling. You may not have gotten an e-mail yet, but if you booked the package via Disney Destinations, you might have a pin attached to your name to be used.

Try calling. You may not have gotten an e-mail yet, but if you booked the package via Disney Destinations, you might have a pin attached to your name to be used.

I tried the same thing. I called Tuesday to make a payment on my trip and while I was on the phone I asked him to check. He said no, but at least he seemed to know what I was asking and he tried.

Good luck!

I tried the same thing. I called Tuesday to make a payment on my trip and while I was on the phone I asked him to check. He said no, but at least he seemed to know what I was asking and he tried.

Good luck!

It may not be attached yet to yours though. It seems for the jib of the thread, that it becomes available 2-3 weeks before your arrival date, plus it is a promo for July & August only so far, but based on history they do run it later in the year

Today Im 18 day out I cant wait, I want this card. :sad1: Since others said its takes 2to 3 weeks I might call next week if I dont get the email
:littleangel:OOhh please come pin:angel:
:goodvibes Good luck to all

Well!!! I got a card inthe mail and also an email last year about this time for this exact offer. When trying to call and obtain the card, I was told I could not qualify for this because we are DVC members!! Well, why was it sent to me and another person in my party then, was the question I had that no one could answer in my 15+ call to member services(and about 35 transfers while I was on the phone). Reason we got it, we had a party of 15 people going and we booked a Grand Gathering Experience. To make a long story short, we ended up with the card. It is a very good deal if you have children who love to shop or if you buy souvies...You can use it just about everywhere that "Disney labeled merchandise is sold" Just not at the specialty stores that sell specific to their own brand or country. Def not for food. I could only wish to book something that will enable me to get another one of these this year, as we have 3 kids and the older 2 love to shop!!! Also I get my Christmas Gifts and such when down here!! All in all if you are a Disney Shopper go 4 it!!

Of course I waited until 7 days prior to my trip to get this card and now the systems are down. Great! No ETA just want me to keep calling back.
I thought I read on the first couple of pages that people were getting multiple cards?? I just checked on my last call attempt to ask if I could get more than one card and she said NO??? :confused3
Does Disney not understand the word consistancy??? :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter