• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

$500 Gift Card for only $395?

We booked through a travel agent and did not get the pin either. I would have purchased it also so now back to my plan of $50 per person for a total of $300.

Why would they send the offer to someone in your party instead of the person booking the trip? If it is just 2 people, like a couple, can both parties use the card? I believe someone asked if a name is on the card, but I never saw an answer.

Can you buy more than one card with the offer, like 2 of the $1000?

Why would they send the offer to someone in your party instead of the person booking the trip? If it is just 2 people, like a couple, can both parties use the card? I believe someone asked if a name is on the card, but I never saw an answer.

I doubt that they would send the offer to someone other than the one who booked your trip. Both parties can definitely use the card, there isn't a name on it and that kind of scared me because if you lost it, its gone!

I doubt that you can buy more than one but you never know!

Does anyone know if this can be used for ride photos or meal photos? What about to purchase the photo pass calendar? Man if I can get this I am buying myself the monorail toy set and not going to feel the least bit guilty!!! :goodvibes

Does anyone know if this can be used for ride photos or meal photos? What about to purchase the photo pass calendar? Man if I can get this I am buying myself the monorail toy set and not going to feel the least bit guilty!!! :goodvibes

on ride photos. most likely since those are bought at giftshops.

most likely not on the photopass calendar since that you buy online

I'm planning on buying the monorail set with my b-day card for DFi. If we get this. then I can spend my b-day card on me :)

Do all the shops there take this card for merchandise only, or can it be used for say bread, etc at the French Showcase, etc?

Hello!
I called the number on my PIN code to ask some questions and can I say that this is borderline on a joke!! No offense to the CM that TRIED to answer my questions but he was not informed what so ever. I asked if I can use the card for a photo pass CD purchase in the parks...no...well I dont think so....well probably not......let me check with my manager.....comes back and says no, cannot use it to buy the CD there. He states it is only good for merchandise and souvies.....thats what I thought the CD was but ok, how about if I purchase the photo at the end of a ride??? he says that no...dont think so since many of the areas in Epcot are not owned by Disney???? WHERE DID HE GET EPCOT AT??? so then I flat out ask if there is a list of all the stores included? he says no, they only have a list of what is NOT included...I said GREAT, can I have a copy or read it to me....he states that it is the same as what I have on my email....OK, my EMAIL does not say anything about photos so that is why I asked him. He finally says to me that they have received very little information about this promotion and all he can say is it is for souvies and DISNEY owned stores only... I did ask one last question about using it at my local Disney owned store here at the mall and he said no, only on property.
So this is DH's plan....we will get this very vague card and then try it EVERYWHERE we go....all they can say is no right? If it is like many other things at DISNEY it will be hit and miss.....:confused3

So this is DH's plan....we will get this very vague card and then try it EVERYWHERE we go....all they can say is no right? If it is like many other things at DISNEY it will be hit and miss.....:confused3

This is exactly what we plan on doing. We went on and bought the $1K card because we will use it now and when we go in Dec. That way, now I my money for souvies for Dec. already set aside, because we'd be hard pressed to spend $1K in 1 trip, I'm sure we could do it, but it would be frivolous spending.

I got the $600 card last week. I'm sorry I didn't try it at any photo places so I can't answer that. I did try to use it at the Pick a Pearl place at the Beach Club and they wouldn't take it. I of course had no trouble using it at the World of Disney. I was successful using it at the mini golf place for a wallet. Now that I've typed all that I'm not sure that I added any useful information! :rotfl2:

When you purchase the card do you get an email confirmation that you purchased the card and the face value of the card? I would hate to get to WDW and not have proof that I bought the card.

You can only buy 1 card per PIN. Per the CM I talked to anyway...

How do you get eligible for these offers/pin #s? I never seem to get any even though we have an PAP, are DVC owners and often book regular rooms to get dining/package programs.

ccgirl, who do you understand this from? Throughout this thread, people say they are being told they cannot use it for tickets or upgrades.

We are going in Sept and we really want to do this promotion. Has anyone heard if they are going to do it for Sept arrivals too?

I have tried twice because someone on page 9 or 10 was supposedly able to get one without them asking for a pin. I would even love to have my co-worker that is going down at the same time as I am to get a pin and have him get me an extra. I need new things for my Disney tree!!! I haven't heard of anyone getting one this week.

Has anyone been able to get this WITHOUT pin. Im half tempted to call and try. ( rinse and repeat hahahah

we're thinking about it. We'll have to look at our budget and see if we can afford it, and 2 annual passes. We're also going to wait until about 10-14 days before we go.

I have tried twice because someone on page 9 or 10 was supposedly able to get one without them asking for a pin. I would even love to have my co-worker that is going down at the same time as I am to get a pin and have him get me an extra. I need new things for my Disney tree!!! I haven't heard of anyone getting one this week.

They only allow you to buy 1 card per pin. I called. It seemed pretty straightforward. 1 card per pin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter