50 Years Later

Yankee626

Mouseketeer
After 50 Years I will finally be returning to Disneyland ! My Dad took me when I was 7 years old after my first flight from NJ. I am a DVC owner and travel to DW 3-4 times a year for the past 30 years and love it. We will be staying 2 nights at the VGC and 3 nights at the VDH ! I really don't remember DL as much as I remember Knotts Berry farm. Should I expect to be thrilled or let down ? This has been on my bucket list for a while. Has anyone else gone as long between DL trips ?

I think you will love it. POTC is amazing and Mr
Toads and Alice and Storybook, etc are all.missing from WDW. I know CA gets a bad rap, but I love it and think Cars Land is amazing and worth the price of admission.

Thrilled because you get to experience new things/see things for the first time, and revisit things as an adult. Unless you are expecting insane coaster/thrill rides, you will probably not be let down by the experience.

If you any specific questions while you are in the process of planing your trip, ask them here. People will probably be able to answer them and give you helpful advice.

I’m thrilled and excited and jealous !
Wish I was going to visit the new resort.
What dates ?
Be sure to check out the new Communtiy Hall at the VDH
I always visit the ones they have at WDWDVC and enjoy the crafts .
I know it sounds silly but the DVC Castmembers make it worth the visit .
They might even have a scavenger hunt .

I love this for you! It's like visiting for the first time all over again. (And while I'm glad to be a frequent visitor since grade school, to have the thrill of a first time visit all over again would be so fun.)

So, yes, expect to be thrilled, but in VASTLY different ways than you would with WDW.

WDW is my home park, but I love visiting DL. I love the Fantasyland dark rides (especially Mr. Toad), the DL version of Pirates, Toontown, Cars Land, and Grizzly Peak. Plus, as a park's history buff, DL has so much history. You will love the short walk from GC or DLH to the parks rather than dealing with park transportation at WDW.

Wow! 50 years separating your trips. For me it was 20+ years. I too, really don't have a ton of memories of my first trip. Except for the crush I had on one of the Frontier Land Saloon dance hall girls. I still have that picture (thanks Mom for taking the pic) :-)

So back to reality.....I really do think you will be thrilled to experience it as an adult and appreciate it even more. My wife and I have thoroughly enjoyed our DL trips with our 3 kids over the years.

A little side note to this thread - We started a tradition on our first trip way back when of buying our little Mouseketeers a plush character on the first day. We have continued this tradition to this day and will do the same when we visit again in Jan 2024

I’m thrilled and excited and jealous !
Wish I was going to visit the new resort.
What dates ?
Be sure to check out the new Communtiy Hall at the VDH
I always visit the ones they have at WDWDVC and enjoy the crafts .
I know it sounds silly but the DVC Castmembers make it worth the visit .
They might even have a scavenger hunt .
Im Going Feb 25 -Mar 1

I went over 20 years and returned to Disneyland and have to say, that was the most thrIlling trip for me. I actually started tearing up when I entered the park! From my experience people love the park they visited for the first time when they were very young. My recommendation is to appreciate the history of the park and the traditions. Start looking at vintage photos of Disneyland (there is a nice group on Facebook). I am happy for you!

I had my first visit at age 12, several times in my 20s when I lived in LA…but nothing was like the first visit back as a married person with a young son. Our family went a few times but always seemed to prefer WDW. Now I’m an old lady with a MK and the ability to go several times a year. I always get a thrill going through the turnstiles. I hope I never get blase about it.

I know you will get a thrill and my wish for you is the very best and most magical experience! Take it all in, take time to look around and appreciate all the work of the Imagineers, past and present. To me, it really is the happiest place on Earth!

Wow! 50 years separating your trips. For me it was 20+ years. I too, really don't have a ton of memories of my first trip. Except for the crush I had on one of the Frontier Land Saloon dance hall girls. I still have that picture (thanks Mom for taking the pic) :-)

Lol. Too funny. I have a similar photo from when I was around 13 on a trip to Hawaii. Except mine is with a hula dancer girl who called me up on stage during a show..... good times, good times..... :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter