50 People Killed this morning at an Orlando nightclub

kandb

DIS Veteran
My friend just texted me this tragic news. I just checked and it's true unfortunately. So sad, pray for the victims

My friend just texted me this tragic news. I just checked and it's true unfortunately. So sad, pray for the victims

Yes, it's true. Its National news already. On local news, the Orlando Sheriff called domestic terrorism and journalist called it international terrorism. They are trying to determine where the gunman was from. They are not sure he is a U.S. Citizen yet. So they are not saying this is a "hate crime" but "terrorism." Next Sheriff brief in 30 minutes.

Orlando has had a tough couple of days with the murder of Christine Grimmie and now this. Just so sad and troubling what is happening in our world. So much pent up hate and in todays culture they feel a real need to act it all out. I don't know what the answer is but we are not going in a good direction.

I'm watching this on CNN now, it is so awful and sad. I will continue to pray for these victims and their families. What fills a person with so much hate that they feel the need to something like this?

Watching the new brief now. So tragic. How horrible that families are still trying to figure out what has happened to their loved ones.

CNN website says that there are 50 killed and 53 injured.

Thoughts and prayers to the community of Orlando!!

Don't hate me for what I'm about to say but I think its only a matter of time before something like this or worse happens at one of the parks. Pretty soon body pat-downs, belt and shoe removal, and who knows,,,maybe even body scanners.

I'm in Germany so it's already almost 5PM here. Front page is a shooting in Orlando with 50 dead and 53 more hospitalized?

They are describing it as an act of terror. My thought are with all of you there this week.

Stacy

Like many in these boards, we consider Orlando like a second home. For a city so closely associated with family fun and happiness to be the site of the deadliest mass shooting in American history makes the situation even more tragic in our eyes. Though, I guess we'd be just as horrified to wake up to the news that 50 people had been shot anywhere else.

Let's all pray that this is the last one, that this makes the country finally wake up and look for real solutions, that the powers that be can now unite over the cause of no more senseless killings.

There are several threads on this already on the community boards if you would like to read them.

PS-- If anyone is worried about the safety of someone, it looks like Facebook is providing people in Orlando with a way to mark themselves safe.

Like many in these boards, we consider Orlando like a second home. For a city so closely associated with family fun and happiness to be the site of the deadliest mass shooting in American history makes the situation even more tragic in our eyes. Though, I guess we'd be just as horrified to wake up to the news that 50 people had been shot anywhere else.

Let's all pray that this is the last one, that this makes the country finally wake up and look for real solutions, that the powers that be can now unite over the cause of no more senseless killings.

Unfortunately it's suspected that this was a Muslim-related terrorist attack. Just recently in Sanford, FL, some big (I forget the name) Muslim Sheikh stated that "homosexuals should be killed out of compassion." So, not really a "gun control" issue. Can't wait to see what Trump has to say about this.... oie.

When it happens in the Park, It won't be someone who came Through the front gate....IMO

I talked to someone in Orlando this morning and his friend is missing. She was at the club last night. Please if you are in Orlando, donate blood and prayers for the family and friends.

This is so sad. I'll never understand how anyone could rationalize the killing of unarmed, helpless, innocent people. I don't get it.:sad2:
After seeing this on the news, my DH bought up again how unsafe it is at the beginning of the day, at the entrance of the parks, when everyone is basically stuck at security and the scanners, especially at MK. I wonder if Disney has considered doing something to make it not so easy a target. Like moving the security section to an area further away from the scanners at the entrance. It's so sad that we even have to worry about someone coming up & shooting up a place like Disney. :guilty:

Don't hate me for what I'm about to say but I think its only a matter of time before something like this or worse happens at one of the parks. Pretty soon body pat-downs, belt and shoe removal, and who knows,,,maybe even body scanners.

i expect there are much easier places to target than someplace with such crazy amounts of security... but hey, i could be wrong (fingers crossed i am not). i used to go dancing at gay dance clubs regularly in my 20s and 30s (now in mid-40s) and even back then you had to check all bags and coats. i was asked once to either check my backpack or leave... due to safety/security concerns. i actually wanted to keep it close because i was breastfeeding at the time and had to bring my breast pump with me.. it was really expensive and didn't want it to get lost. probably not the usual "excuse" to not check a bag.

i was shocked and saddened when i heard about the shooting this morning. hard to imagine so much hate in someone's heart. how can you suggest killing people who have different lives than you as "compassion"? it must have a different meaning to him than it does to me.

and i think it will keep happening, over and over again. if sandy hook didn't change people's mind about certain issues, nothing ever will. :(

There are radicals and extremists in every religion. Please do not think all of Islam/Muslim communities are violent.

Please if you are in Orlando, donate blood and prayers for the family and friends.

If you would like to assist and aren't in the area:

One Blood (the Orlando Blood Bank) is in need of water, juice, snacks, and fruit for all those donating blood right now.
379 W Michigan St
Orlando, FL 32806

*Amazon Prime or one of the grocery services can deliver to One Blood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter