50% off at THE PIRATES LEAGUE: UPDATE, NO MAIDEN DRESSES AVAILABLE - SEE POST 133

I wanted to share...

My DD (3 yrs old) and her Papa (61 yrs old) did the Pirates League together on 12/10. They had a wonderful time together. DD's Pirate, Nathaniel, was absolutely wonderful with her, and she's trying to make her tattoo on her hand last as long as possible - although it's on its last legs. She showed it to all the boys at preschool, and told them, "I'm a Pirate now!"

Brenna, I think you helped them get their Pirate names. I can't emphasize enough how impressed I was with Nathaniel, and what a great experience and memory it was.

Long live the Pirates League!

Have been so excited to read through this thread. My little pirate (4 year old) will be getting the experience on Jan. 3 after lunch. He is so excited because we upgraded to get him the costume too (gotta love a good discount).

We'll keep a lookout for you Brenna!

Have been so excited to read through this thread. My little pirate (4 year old) will be getting the experience on Jan. 3 after lunch. He is so excited because we upgraded to get him the costume too (gotta love a good discount).

We'll keep a lookout for you Brenna!

I've been dreading typing this... but my last day at the League is January 2nd. I have accepted a new job in Entertainment Safety to help develop training tools. I promise you'll still have a great time!!!

Brenna...Im sure you will do great whever you are.:thumbsup2 We will miss you over here tho.
We had a wonderful time back on December 2nd...Javen had his make over and it was one of the best moments of the entire trip. The only thing I wish I would have done was have the photographer put the pics on my photopass card...I forgot..so All I have is the 3 that came with the captins package. (and the ones I took)
I will post pics soon.

Oh and Brenna was working the stand/sign in table the day we were there so she didnt do his makeover, but the gentleman that did it did a GREAT job..and he was kinda cute too. ;)

I definitly recommened having this done.:goodvibes

Here are the before and during pics......

weekpriortoWDWANDWDW2009286.jpg

weekpriortoWDWANDWDW2009293.jpg

weekpriortoWDWANDWDW2009295.jpg

weekpriortoWDWANDWDW2009298.jpg

weekpriortoWDWANDWDW2009301.jpg

weekpriortoWDWANDWDW2009304.jpg

weekpriortoWDWANDWDW2009305.jpg

AFTER....
weekpriortoWDWANDWDW2009308.jpg

weekpriortoWDWANDWDW2009309.jpg

Image0200.jpg

Image0202.jpg

Image0204.jpg

Image0206.jpg

Such a wonderful experiance...We would do it again in a heartbeat. Thanks Brenna for all the info, and help with all this.:goodvibes

Love reading about this stuff! My dh is dying to do this with our son but he is too young yet. In fact, at our next trip in December 2010, he will be a month shy of three - is he still too young then?

I just have to rave about our Pirates League experience! My 2 daughters (4 and 6) went on 12/16 and had the best time! In all of our trips to WDW I think this was probably one of the favorite things that they've done. They are still convinced that they are "real" pirates and still want to be called by their pirate names, Molly Bridgekidd and Liz Chainslipper. While we were there a Disney film crew asked if they could film my 4 year old for a behind the scenes video that they are doing (she's the very outgoing one ;) I think it was for the passholders section? I signed a models release so I hope I'm sent the link to the video. Anyway my older daughter had Brenna who was wonderful!! and my youngest had Ken, who she loved. I can't say enough great things about these cast members who made both of my daughters' day! Brenna if you're reading this thank you so much and please pass on Nora's...I mean Liz Chainslipper's thanks to Ken. Love the Pirates League!

IMG_6050.jpg

I was Loretta yesterday and a DISser caught me a couple weeks ago as Christie!!

Ha!! I knew it was you, my men were there at 12:20 on 12/14. :rolleyes1 I strolled in at the last minute when pictures were coming out and said I wanted to thank Brenna for letting us know about the opportunity. Some very attractive CM with the name tag Loretta was asking what she should tell Brenna. I said to tell Brenna she was the greatest! Glad I was talking to the real McCoy :lmao:

My boys had a fabulous time, though the little one refused to put on his pirate outfit:confused3 DH is still apologizing about not trying harder to get him in the outfit. He would have, if he'd known there were pictures, duh! Men :rolleyes1

Anyway, the boys will have many hours of dress up fun here at home and lasting memories of their time at the Pirate League. Many thanks to you Brenna and to all the Cast Members at the PL and throughout WDW. :worship:

We just were there a week ago...waiting for the rest of our party to go on Pirates of Carribbean...one of the cast members working there started small talk with us and then quickly tried to talk one of us (any of us) into buying a pirate makeover. I think they are really trying hard to find customers. It did not look very busy and he spent a great deal of time talking to us...went through a variety of things that would qualify us for 50% off, "do you just want to be a pirate!" He was very nice, but we had to sorta detach ourselves from him like someone pitching Amway.

We were there last Wednesday early morning. My son was beyond proud of himself...it was so awesome! I felt bad for our pirate David because my son was so quiet through the entire process, but he truly had the time of his life. He still talks about it often and actually said it was his favorite part of the trip.

After many mornings sitting through is sister's BBB make-overs I am so happy there is something for the boys now. And I love the story with it and how everyone is in character, makes the entire process that much more magical. I cannot say enough good things about it.

I was surprised how many people didn't know what it was though. We got many questions and lots of "scared" reactions--he was the cursed pirate--which he just ate up :lmao:

Brenna if you're reading this thank you so much and please pass on Nora's...I mean Liz Chainslipper's thanks to Ken. Love the Pirates League!

Molly was amazing - I had a great time with her! I'll let Ken know as well.

Some very attractive CM with the name tag Loretta was asking what she should tell Brenna.

You are too kind!! Hehe, I'm glad you figured it out - I was trying to hint at my real name ;)

Glad you had a great time.

...went through a variety of things that would qualify us for 50% off.

The following do get 50% off (which is a vast majority of park guests):
WDW Resort Guests
Hotel Blvd. Resort Guests
DVC Members
Florida Residents
Annual/Seasonal Passholders

I was surprised how many people didn't know what it was though. We got many questions and lots of "scared" reactions--he was the cursed pirate--which he just ate up :lmao:

We are still struggling with getting the word out - so tell your friends!!!

Do they have to be 3 and up? My youngest will be 2.5 when we go. Would love for both boys to be able to go the The Pirates League.

There are three "female" options. The maiden and Buccaneer (burgundy pant costume) only come in youth sizes. The pirate garb shirt is unisex and can be paired with the Empress package, it is available in youth and adult sizes.

DD(10) wants to know if the costumes are worth the extra $70. Thanks for any help!

We took our 3 DS's to TPL and they :lovestruc it! The CM's were amazing! Brenna - if you can identify these pirates I would appreciate if you tell them how amazing they made our DS's expereince! This experience is definately worth the full price, but the discount made it so much sweeter!

Here are a few pics of my little pirates!

MK11-29-09130.jpg
[/IMG]

MK11-29-09132.jpg
[/IMG]

MK11-29-09135.jpg
[/IMG]

MK11-29-09138.jpg
[/IMG]

spare+apair - Your sons are so cute!! (sorry, I know that isn't what pirates want to be called). Looks like they had a wonderful time!

Just wanted to say it was a pleasure to speak to you on Wednesday Brenna. TPL was the highlight of my DDs' trip so far :thumbsup2

It was a fantastic way to spend an hour and "way cooler" than being a Princess :rotfl:

DSCF7664.jpg

DSCF7679.jpg

DSCF7687.jpg

Anyone doing the Pirate League the first part of Jan. would you post back if they are still out of the empress dresses! :) Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter