50 obc for booking with disney visa?

sunrise717

Mouseketeer
I was told I get a $50 onboard credit if I booked my cruise with my Disney visa I put the deposit with the visa and paid the rest off on gift cards when/ how do I get my onboard credit?

I was told I get a $50 onboard credit if I booked my cruise with my Disney visa I put the deposit with the visa and paid the rest off on gift cards when/ how do I get my onboard credit?

Deposit and PIF amount must be paid by the following:

* Disney Visa
* Disney Visa Rewards
* Disney Gift Cards

The last is YMMV. I've been told several times that this is doable, however I would not be surprised if you get it denied.

Note the following:

* Must use special booking code - ie must be done at time of booking
* Cannot be combined with any other offer that requires a booking code such as Military rate, FL resident, Kids-sail-free, or on-board booking
* CAN be combined with special *GT rates since these do not require q booking code

FWIW, I've booked a *GT rate and paid with Disney Visa and got the $50 OBC. But since then I've been booking on board (and once with KSF) so have not been able to use it since.

It seems to be questionable whether you may use Disney Gift cards to pay for the cruise fare or not...people have received different answers. I suggest you call the Member Services number on the back of your card. Generally, it's deposit plus all payments must be made on the Disney Visa card, though some have been told Gift Cards may be used as well.

Official Rules from the Disney Rewards website:

Must use your valid Disney Visa Card to book a Disney Cruise Line® vacation for sailings through 12/30/2014 to receive a $50 onboard credit good towards merchandise, spa treatments, shore excursions and other onboard activities. Call 1-800-257-2024 or your travel agent to book a Disney Cruise Line® vacation and ask for booking code DCC. Offer must be requested at time of booking for new bookings only. The onboard credit is per stateroom for each stateroom paid in full with your Disney Visa Card. Offer is valid for up to two staterooms. Any unused portions are non-refundable and non-transferable. Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts and is for personal use only. Offer subject to change or cancellation without notice. Ships’ Registry: The Bahamas. Chase is not responsible or liable for fulfillment of this offer.

Enjoy your cruise!

Deposit and PIF amount must be paid by the following:

* Disney Visa
* Disney Visa Rewards
* Disney Gift Cards

The last is YMMV. I've been told several times that this is doable, however I would not be surprised if you get it denied.

Note the following:

* Must use special booking code - ie must be done at time of booking
* Cannot be combined with any other offer that requires a booking code such as Military rate, FL resident, Kids-sail-free, or on-board booking
* CAN be combined with special *GT rates since these do not require q booking code

FWIW, I've booked a *GT rate and paid with Disney Visa and got the $50 OBC. But since then I've been booking on board (and once with KSF) so have not been able to use it since.

I have had the code added later with no problems but I don't see how on Earth using a Disney gift card could remotely equate to using a Disney Visa.
:confused3
I was under the impression that 100% of the cruise must be paid with the Disney Visa.

I have had the code added later with no problems but I don't see how on Earth using a Disney gift card could remotely equate to using a Disney Visa. :confused3 I was under the impression that 100% of the cruise must be paid with the Disney Visa.

You are correct. I missed out on $50 OBC for paying my cruise with My Disney Visa because I paid the initial deposit with a $100 Disney Gift card. I called DCL and was told so by 2 different CM's.

So I'm a little upset with DCL I called yesterday to ask about the transfers and again asked if I would get my 50 OBC if I used gift cards to pay off the balance I wast told Yes no problem ..Today I call and pay off the amount and the CM said no I can't do that!! I have been told 3 different times that I could ughh.. Anyone successfully been able to get the OBC..

I paid my deposit with a gift card and the balance with my disney visa. I called a few days ago to ask if I had the OBC. I did not and was told the entire cruise has to be paid for with the Visa. Super helpful CM said she could put the initial deposit amount on the Visa and refund the deposit (I asked her to just make it an OBC). Took about 5 minutes. Well worth $50!

We cruised Dec 2013. We made our deposit with our Disney visa and paid off the full amount with the Disney visa. We DID get the $50 OBC our travel agent had to use a code to register us for this offer

I was just told that I couldn't do the OBB 10% off and $100 ship credit in combination with the Disney Visa $50 credit.
Anyone else heard this? Is it accurate?

I was just told that I couldn't do the OBB 10% off and $100 ship credit in combination with the Disney Visa $50 credit.
Yes that is accurate. Your getting a better promotion with the $100 OBC from DCL, you can't get both. You can combine TA OBC with DCL OBC but not two OBC from DCL.

Correct - OBB use a special booking code. The Disney Visa OBC also uses a special booking code and you can only have ONE code on one reservation.

That's why other codes don't work either (like FLR, MIL, KSF). If the reservation was made without a booking code, apparently it can be added later, or at least that's the case with the DVR OBC.

Note that for those who got the OBC denied - so far those who mentioned this had made a deposit with a Disney Gift card. Would not surprise me if the system allows you to do if you make payments after having the deposit with the DVR...

When I called to make our final payment I called and had them add it and then made the payment.

FYI - I had a question regarding OBB and what happens after it expires. This turned into some questions regarding the Disney Visa Rewards OBC. And here's some more answers:

* If you book OBB and you move the cruise past the 18 months deadline, all OBB benefits expire, however, you CAN then add the Disney Visa rewards OBC code to it (provided it is still offered of course). This is an option instead of canceling and rebooking.

* I also verified that Disney Visa Rewards are allowed to be part of the payment

* I also verified that Disney Gift cards are NOT allowed to be part of the payment - they actually had to check with supervisors and what not it seems.

Note the last makes sense - you could be purchasing these GC with other rewards cards and not the Disney Visa.

Shoreside concierge checked on this for me just yesterday. I was only given the $50 Disney visa credit on the reservation that I didn't apply gift cards to. On my cruise in 2013, this was not the case, so I was a little surprised, but I suppose it's only fair. I just wish rules wouldn't change like this all the time. :confused3

Yes that is accurate. Your getting a better promotion with the $100 OBC from DCL, you can't get both. You can combine TA OBC with DCL OBC but not two OBC from DCL.

I actually paid off our cruise today - I booked it on our cruise last month so I had received the $200 OBC. When I spoke to the CM today and did my final payment with my Disney Visa (deposit and full payment on Disney Visa) she said I also received the $50 credit too. She said she wasn't sure if it would work but said because our other cruise is in 2014 both would work.:confused3

I'll have to call back and double check. Is there a way to check on-line if you have OBC?

I actually paid off our cruise today - I booked it on our cruise last month so I had received the $200 OBC. When I spoke to the CM today and did my final payment with my Disney Visa (deposit and full payment on Disney Visa) she said I also received the $50 credit too. She said she wasn't sure if it would work but said because our other cruise is in 2014 both would work.:confused3 I'll have to call back and double check. Is there a way to check on-line if you have OBC?

You can only check by calling. However, I've never seen someone be able to get both OBB credit and the $50 Visa. It's one or the other.

You can only check by calling. However, I've never seen someone be able to get both OBB credit and the $50 Visa. It's one or the other.

:thumbsup2
It's like entering a coupon or promo code when shopping online. If they only accept one, you have to pick one or the other. I only use the $50 Disney visa when my dummy date has been moved to a desired date (7 night) and we find a short, quick cruise to do. I wouldn't want to remove the discount from the long cruise. I think that was only for the 2 night cruise to no where from NYC.

You are correct. I missed out on $50 OBC for paying my cruise with My Disney Visa because I paid the initial deposit with a $100 Disney Gift card. I called DCL and was told so by 2 different CM's.

This happened to me too! You must pay it all with Disney Visa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter