$50 for family to ride Toy Story Midway Mania?

I've read the posts a couple times and still don't understand $50 for TSMM. That would mean only doing that and one other thing then leaving the park?

Going to a community theatre to see a show costs about $25/person. Chances are, most community theatres aren't going to have the same quality of show as Disney.

DHS is my favorite park. I was there opening year and remember being told the park would double in size by our next trip.

Typically we go to DHS once a week. I still haven't got tired of it and still haven't had enough time to do every single thing there in one day. Perhaps come April when so many things close, then we'll cover everything in one visit? Though my son could spend all day at Launch Bay.

If we are looking to ride rides, Busch Gardens is where we head.

I've read the posts a couple times and still don't understand $50 for TSMM. That would mean only doing that and one other thing then leaving the park?

Going to a community theatre to see a show costs about $25/person. Chances are, most community theatres aren't going to have the same quality of show as Disney.

DHS is my favorite park. I was there opening year and remember being told the park would double in size by our next trip.

Typically we go to DHS once a week. I still haven't got tired of it and still haven't had enough time to do every single thing there in one day. Perhaps come April when so many things close, then we'll cover everything in one visit? Though my son could spend all day at Launch Bay.

If we are looking to ride rides, Busch Gardens is where we head.

Have you ever posted something and then later say I should have just kept my thoughts to myself? LOL ok so that is this post!:crazy:
It was $50 for the entire family so roughly $10 per person as there are 5 in my family. That is with experiencing about 8 rides/shows with a 4 day base ticket.

Honestly this is just another what happened to DHS threads. I love DHS and it was one of my first parks I remember going to. I am sure it will be great again but in the mean time I struggle with paying the ticket price even with multi day for this park when I can experience and have great days at many of the other parks. So yeah I broke it down. Does not mean I look at all of Disney like that but I did for DHS. I have always gone to all 4 parks on a week long trip and this is the first time I believe I am not going to skip one.

I personally don't think Toy Story Midway Mania is all that valuable. You can get the Wii game for only $10. I know it's not the same experience...but playing at home makes my arm hurt a lot less.

In general, I could not put a price on any attraction on its own - and one that's closed would not devalue the entire Disney experience for me.

Do you know where they sell the wii game that cheap? I just looked it up on Amazon and it was $50.

Have you ever posted something and then later say I should have just kept my thoughts to myself? LOL ok so that is this post!:crazy:
It was $50 for the entire family so roughly $10 per person as there are 5 in my family. That is with experiencing about 8 rides/shows with a 4 day base ticket.

Honestly this is just another what happened to DHS threads. I love DHS and it was one of my first parks I remember going to. I am sure it will be great again but in the mean time I struggle with paying the ticket price even with multi day for this park when I can experience and have great days at many of the other parks. So yeah I broke it down. Does not mean I look at all of Disney like that but I did for DHS. I have always gone to all 4 parks on a week long trip and this is the first time I believe I am not going to skip one.

Ah ok. I think I understand now. The title of the thread isn't to be taken per person.

It's interesting that for years we skipped DHS, except during SWW. Over the last couple years, it's actually become our favorite park even though things have been closing down left and right. We said goodbye to AIE and the Backlot Tour on their closing day. But the things we've missed the most over the years were Doug Live and the Hunchback.

I'll stick it out through the closures and construction. Perhaps it's the AP that makes the most difference in my decision?

Hey aprincessatlast! You're right to have objections to Disney still charging the same amount even though the park is diminished. But the way Disney structures their tickets makes it less obvious I suppose. Would someone walk up to DHS with a family of 5 and pay 500 dollars for a single day and only that? Seriously doubt it. Not sure that anyone would have done that before the remodeling began either. MAYBE some families would do that after Star Wars appears.

But again, as I stated before, I think that Disney is decent value for the money....compared to Broadway shows, major league ball games, special museum exhibitions, and so forth.

I'm not really one to parse out the value of each and every attraction as compared to the amount of money being spent overall. Of course when you do that, you are only adding in what you consider to be attractions. Someone else might include some of the shows, the streetmosphere actors, the Muppet movie, taking a look at One Man's Dream, the Frozen singalong, etc.

Epcot is my favorite park and I don't even ride anything there all that much.

Exactly... how would you factor time at the beach? In the pool? General ambiance and wow-factor? Getting a slushie? Obviously this has value because getting a LaFou's Brew at the Magic Kingdom is substantially different than a drink at a local Jamba Juice... It all adds to the overall value. The rides are just a small portion of it.

Trying to allocate dollars based on pure time aspects and not taking the whole thing into account is kind of like me trying to figure out how much I'm being paid by my employer to go to the bathroom. Doesn't really work that way . . . lol

We usually visit in January and that is a big refurb time. I'm ised to things being closed. And paying the same price. No big deal.

This would be true if all their rides were universally disliked. And if it was true, the parks would be a ghost town and the lines would be nonexistent. But that isn't the case. Even Stitches Adventure over in MK has lines of people waiting to ride.

The OP made the statement that it cost her $50 to ride TSM because she chose to only experience a small number of attractions at the park. Fair enough. No one is forced to see and do anything they don't want to. OTOH, other guests enjoy a much greater number of the available attractions, so their cost per ride is miniscule compared to hers. It's not Disney's fault. It is not possible to have rides that will appeal to every single guest. Fortunately, with a little advance research, guests can see for themselves what is available and can judge whether or not a park is worth the cost for them.
When I said that Disney is responsible if one doesn't like thier offerings, that is absolutely true. The OP's assertion is ridiculous and easily proven false. I wasn't commenting on that's at all. You said that Disney is not at fault if you don't like their offerings, that is just false. There are multitudes of people who love their offerings, is Disney not responsible for that as well? There are to many companies to name that didn't keep up with what their customers desired and are no longer with us. That is a basic principle of capitalism. It's the providers burden to satisfy a need or desire, if not then they will no longer exist. So I reiterate that it is absolutely Disneys fault if one does not like their offerings.

The thread on how much does your vacation cost had me looking over our future trip and its value per experience. I am the type that breaks things down by the day for example on that thread there were folks who had a price breakdown of $125 pp per day to $350 pp per day. Obviously this is anywhere from off site to deluxe with ts at every meal.

When you look at how much you spend on tickets and start to notice all the closures. The value per experience is very high. With basically 4 rides and 1 to 2 shows the cost per ride/experience does not seem to be there. There are many who might say it is a whole package but I am questioning the package at DHS right now. (epcot as well)

Anyone else?

ok i get what you are doing...a way to actually set a value to the park..im guessing if it was a fave it would be a non issue.. we did a plan this year for our upcoming trip..(9 days....yeahhhh)
hollywood studios surprised us...it was always a favorite...but...jedi training a must, disney jr...star tours, toy story mania, green men, beauty and beast, dh roller coaster (t.o.t was anti climactic for him, but dd wants to ride..so he's all over it...) oh and indy jones...and stunt show (which i here is closing soon) surprised in a way that it was...hmmmm this was always a 2 day park...now it seems like a lot of walking...we'll go again for sure...and we always have a spare day at the end..for whatever park we want to go back to (raining or whatever)..

epcot, world showcase is my fav. surprisingly...so i'd value that as like 4 rides/activities...plus whatever else you like....

not a bad way to evaluate...taking in account the value family members attach to activities and parks

When I said that Disney is responsible if one doesn't like thier offerings, that is absolutely true. The OP's assertion is ridiculous and easily proven false. I wasn't commenting on that's at all. You said that Disney is not at fault if you don't like their offerings, that is just false. There are multitudes of people who love their offerings, is Disney not responsible for that as well? There are to many companies to name that didn't keep up with what their customers desired and are no longer with us. That is a basic principle of capitalism. It's the providers burden to satisfy a need or desire, if not then they will no longer exist. So I reiterate that it is absolutely Disneys fault if one does not like their offerings.
If there were only rides that everyone likes there would be no rides. The world isn't homogenized. And luckily Disney knows that

The thread on how much does your vacation cost had me looking over our future trip and its value per experience. I am the type that breaks things down by the day for example on that thread there were folks who had a price breakdown of $125 pp per day to $350 pp per day. Obviously this is anywhere from off site to deluxe with ts at every meal.

When you look at how much you spend on tickets and start to notice all the closures. The value per experience is very high. With basically 4 rides and 1 to 2 shows the cost per ride/experience does not seem to be there. There are many who might say it is a whole package but I am questioning the package at DHS right now. (epcot as well)

Anyone else?

It's all about preference and what you want out of your vacation. Some people pay that much and more to go lay on a beach for 7-10 days straight. When I look at my vacation options and what I like to do, the cost of my Disney vacation is usually worth it (and enjoyable). How enjoyable can any vacation be if is constantly being assessed at cost/event basis? People who love going to the shore for a week would go crazy if they evaluated their experience based cost per hour of sun they get on the beach. Just my opinion.

Anyone else?

Get hoppers and spread the cost around per ride - don't forget that the 'ambiance' of the parks is a very big part of it!!! In fact it's the largest part for us! But, to each their own - we get our $$$'s worth!

If you don't think there's value in spending a ticket on DHS, don't go. Simple.

OP -
I hear what you are saying.
I am ALL about ROI.
My tix for a family of 8 were $2500 for five days. That is $500/day. I will be looking at how much I got to do each day when we return. I am all about quantity. Sheer number of attractions is what speaks to me and my family. And we like rerides.

Anyone else?
Interesting thoughts.... I am one of those who likes to figure out average cost per person/per day for our trips (anywhere) and I never thought to break it down by ride. My thoughts on that is I am not a big lover of rides. Weird,considering I love the Disney experience overall. My fam likes rides a lot. I prefer shows,and experiences. And usually park experiences are much more than a simple ride- it's atmosphere, background, food, music playing, various shows or parades,kind of an overall entertainment package. I dislike all the closures at once as much as anyone, but I have noticed that many times when there is a 'gap' due to a closure, there is frequently other things to draw your attention,or to fill some of those gaps in the form of shows and entertainment. Usually. Surprise,popup experiences are pretty common in Disney. (I remember a cold dismal day in the MK, it was a severe cold snap, and they had 'extra' CM's patrolling certain areas, providing happy entertainment,free pin trading,games,etc- just sort of there to get people smiling and cheerful -That's what keeps us returning, it's happened more than once)

also.... for a place like HS.... I would consider each ride a separate event, so if I got on star tours 6 times, that brings the cost per ride down.... or my ds will ride ToT 10 times in a row that is sheer joy for him,and lots of entertainment value.... but you have to decide what you like best...(last fall,at F&W, I saw a lady in front of me pay 100.00 to enter Epcot at 4:00 p.m......:scared1: presumably to experience the food booths- that is an expensive dinner! but to each their own)

sorry to keep adding but.... for me? I LOVE the streetmosphere characters in DHS,it's why I go there! I usually just wait/watch them for hours while my fam rides things lol (I wish they were out there more often!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter