50 Animated Movies Challenge **I Did It!!**

I just watched Lady and the Tramp. It was wonderful. The story is so cute. Makes me want to run out to the pound and adopt a puppy :)

So far, Cinderella and Lady and the Tramp are my favorites. Sleeping Beauty is up next on the list. I can't find my VHS copy so I'll have to wait for the Blu-Ray to get here from Netflix.

Jodi

They are showing them all in order (one a weekend) at a cinema in London.

Here is the list:
The Disney 50:

1 Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937) Definitely
2 Pinocchio (1940) Definitely
3 Fantasia (1940) Definitely
4 Dumbo (1941) Definitely
5 Bambi (1942) Definitely
6 Saludos Amigos (1942) Don't remember this one at all
7 The Three Caballeros (1944) Definitely--but been a long time ago
8 Make Mine Music (1946) Don't remember this one at all
9 Fun and Fancy Free (1947) Definitely--but been a long tme ago
10 Melody Time (1948) Definitely--but been a long time ago
11 The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (1949) Definitely--but been a long time ago
12 Cinderella (1950) Definitely
13 Alice in Wonderland (1951) Definitely
14 Peter Pan (1953) Definitely
15 Lady and the Tramp (1955) Definitely
16 Sleeping Beauty (1959) Definitely
17 One Hundred and One Dalmatians (1961) Definitely
18 The Sword in the Stone (1963) Definitely
19 The Jungle Book (1967) Definitely
20 The Aristocats (1970) Definitely
21 Robin Hood (1973) Definitely
22 The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1977) Definitely
23 The Rescuers (1977) Definitely
24 The Fox and the Hound (1981) Definitely
25 The Black Cauldron (1985) Definitely
26 The Great Mouse Detective (1986) Definitely
27 Oliver & Company (1988) Definitely
28 The Little Mermaid (1989) Definitely
29 The Rescuers Down Under (1990) Definitely
30 Beauty and the Beast (1991) Definitely
31 Aladdin (1992) Definitely
32 The Lion King (1994) Definitely
33 Pocahontas (1995) Definitely
34 The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996) Definitely
35 Hercules (1997) Definitely
36 Mulan (1998) Definitely
37 Tarzan (1999) Definitely
38 Fantasia (2000 (1999) Definitely
39 Dinosaur (2000) Definitely
40 The Emperor's New Groove (2000) Definitely
41 Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001) Definitely
42 Lilo & Stitch (2002) Definitely
43 Treasure Planet (2002) Definitely
44 Brother Bear (2003) Definitely
45 Home on the Range (2004) Definitely
46 Chicken Little (2005) Definitely
47 Meet the Robinsons (2007) Definitely
48 Bolt (2008) Definitely
49 The Princess and the Frog (2009) Definitely
50 Tangled (2010)
Definitely

Not only have I seen almost everyone of these, but their sequels that were released only on video as well. And own most of them as well in either VHS, DVD, or Blu-Ray formats (some in all 3). This is a fun challenge to get yourself in the mood for any type of Disney vacation.

Our next Disney vacation will be on the Mickey's Memorial Day Fantasy 2012.

you should add pixar movies to the list...
--Toy Story Definitely
--A Bugs Life Definitely
--Toy Story 2 Definitely
--Monsters Inc Definitely
--Finding Nemo Definitely
--The Incredibles Definitely
--Cars Definitely
--Ratatouille Definitely
--Wall-E Definitely
--Up Definitely
--Toy Story 3 Definitely
--Cars 2 Not YET!

my pixar favorites are: Up, Toy Story 3 and Nemo

I totally agree, these should be added since they are now all one company. And again, I have seen all (except Cars 2 as I am unable at the moment to sit in theater seating due to back surgery) and own all the rest on either VHS, DVD, or Blu-ray and most on multiple formats.

I didn't see "Song of the South" on that list. Has Disney revised its history to forget that it was a theatrical release?

I saw SotS at its very last theater release. I know it's not available on DVD, at least here in the U.S., and I've read that it will never be released because it's not politically correct, but to not include it in a list of all animated movies?

Oh I SOOOO Agree!!! That's like saying that slavery didn't exist in America's history! It did and Song of the South should be included as part of the list---current day politically correct or not! That was one of my favorite movies, still is one o my favorite rides at Disney World, and the music was sung to me as a young child not only by my parents but also, yes--dare I say it? My nanny, Tisha. (I was 5 years old living in Selma, AL at the time and she was one that participated in the original million man walk on DC.

That is such a great idea! I'm going in three weeks though, there's no way I'll have time before then! We're staying at the Port Orleans Riverside, so I'm going to be watching the Princess and the Frog and listening to the songs over and over to get ready for my stay in the Bayou :)

Oh I SOOOO Agree!!! That's like saying that slavery didn't exist in America's history! It did and Song of the South should be included as part of the list---current day politically correct or not! That was one of my favorite movies, still is one o my favorite rides at Disney World, and the music was sung to me as a young child not only by my parents but also, yes--dare I say it? My nanny, Tisha. (I was 5 years old living in Selma, AL at the time and she was one that participated in the original million man walk on DC.

I guess Song of the South is part animation part live action. That's why it wasn't part of the list for the 50 animated movies.

I just finished film #16 "Sleeping Beauty". I loved it. It was beautifully animated. It's been interesting to watch the movies in order. You can see the progession of the animators. Each one gets better an better.

The fairies are wonderfully funny. Merryweather is my favorite. :lmao:

I watched the movie on Blu-Ray. There is a really great commentary with John Lassiter, Lenord Maltin, and a Disney Animator. It was great. It's a kind of picture in picture movie. It's great and a "must see" for sure.

Next up: 101 Dalmations :happytv:

I guess Song of the South is part animation part live action. That's why it wasn't part of the list for the 50 animated movies.

Any that are part live action and part animated aren't counted. So Mary Poppins isn't counted either according to the rules of 'Disney Animated Classics'.

Double feature day :happytv: I just watched 101 Dalmations. Just as good as ever. Loved it. Reminded me of my first trip to WDW. We stayed in the 101 Dalmations building at All Star Movies. Loved it!!

I also watched the Sword and the Stone. I've never seen it before and it was just OK. I'm glad I have now seen it but not sure I would ever watch it again :confused3.

Next up....#19 Jungle Book

With 87 days to go I just may be able to make it all the way through the 50 movies. I've made good progress over the last few weeks and watched some wonderful movies :goodvibes

Jungle Book was cute but I kept thinking of the Tarzan storyline. I loved the AristoCats. The kittens were adorable. Robin Hood was terrific. I remembered watching it when I was a little kid. Winnie the Pooh was great!! Pooh is my all time favorite :lovestruc The Rescuers was good as well.

I just finshed watching The Fox and the Hound. I just love that movie. It was the first movie that I remember seeing in the movie theatre. "I'm a Hound Dog" is my favorite line in the movie. :lmao:

Next up....#25 The Black Cauldron

With around 73 days left before my trip I'm pretty sure I'm going to complete my challenge. Since I last posted on September 11th I've watched the following movies:

The Black Cauldron (Just OK)
The Great Mouse Detective (very cute!! slow in the beginning but I loved it)
Oliver & Company (Just Ok)
The Little Mermaid (Love this movie!!!)
The Rescuers Down Under (Pretty good, not as good as the original)
Beauty and the Beast (My all time favorite movie!!!!)
The Lion King 3D (Wonderful!!!)

I did miss one movie. I haven't gotten the chance to watch Aladdin yet. I had the chance to go see The Lion King today. I wanted to see it on the big screen since I didn't do that when it first came out. It was great!! The 3D was pretty good.

So my next movie is Aladdin and then #33 Pocahontas.:happytv:

I haven't seen the following:

Saludos Amigos (1942)
The Three Caballeros (1944)
Make Mine Music (1946)
Fun and Fancy Free (1947)
Melody Time (1948)
Fantasia 2000 and Bolt as well

we have about 75% of those movies that I have seen. Dinasour and Black Caldron are the only two movies that I do not like at all.:confused3

Life got in the way and we got seriously side tracked! My ds has become addicted to toy story (all 3) so we end up watching one of those most days. He didn't like Alice in wonderland - tried twice and never made it vey far. Might just have to watch that one myself and then move on! Our trip also got pushed back to the end of January, so we should have plenty of time still to finish.

I'm rewatching all of them, even if I've seen them many times.

Life got in the way and we got seriously side tracked! My ds has become addicted to toy story (all 3) so we end up watching one of those most days. He didn't like Alice in wonderland - tried twice and never made it vey far. Might just have to watch that one myself and then move on! Our trip also got pushed back to the end of January, so we should have plenty of time still to finish.

I'm rewatching all of them, even if I've seen them many times.

I'm also watching all of them. I'm just getting to the ones that I've seen before. I've seen most of them from The Little Mermaid on. There were a few in the beginning that I was sure that I had seen but I was wrong. It's been fun watching them in order. In the beginning I didn't think that I would be able to get through them all but I feel pretty confident that I can. I'm finding that I'm getting hooked on watching them. I watch one and then I want to watch the next one right away. I have to keep telling myself to stop watching movies and go to bed or to get up off the couch and clean the house :rotfl:

It's been a few weeks since I last posted and I've only watched a couple of movies. :eek: I hope I can get through before my trip :thumbsup2

I've now watched Aladdin which I love. :lovestruc I watched Lion King out of order. I saw it in 3D. :3dglasses That was really beautiful. Pocahontas was next. I really like that movie. The music is really wonderful. Next up was Hunchback of Notre Dame. Good movie. Not my most favorite.

Next up....#34 Hercules. :happytv:

We have fallen way behind! Today I'm gonna try to do lady and the tramp - my ds should like to watch the doggies :) We've also wtched a couple out of order - lion king and junglebook have both been on in my house this week. At least we finally got past Alice in wonderland - that's the one that did us in!

It took me to almost the very last minute but I managed to watch all 50 movies before my trip. I watched Tangled last night while I was packing. We leave for the airport at 4:45 am tomorrow.

I loved some, hated a couple, and really enjoyed a lot of them. I'm really glad that I took the time to watch all of them. I would encourage anybody to take the time out of their busy schedules to enjoy some Disney movie magic :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter