5 year old boy birthday celebration

mjtm610

Mouseketeer
I need your help in making our plans
We have been going to the world for 40 plus years. Our 4 daughters loved the castle and the princesses.....all the magic.
Now we "surprise" our grandchildren on their 5th birthday with a special trip to WDW. This is the first time we've had a boy! I know.....lots of estrogen at our house!
We have taken the each of the girls to the castle for their birthday dinners. I don't think our DGS is going to find the same magic with the princesses.
What would your suggestions be for a special meal for a 5 year old boy? We'll be going in June. He is very easy going, eats anything, loves spiderman and pirates.
What are your thoughts?

http://www.wdwinfo.com/just_for_kids/piratecruise.htm
I need your help in making our plans
We have been going to the world for 40 plus years. Our 4 daughters loved the castle and the princesses.....all the magic.
Now we "surprise" our grandchildren on their 5th birthday with a special trip to WDW. This is the first time we've had a boy! I know.....lots of estrogen at our house!
We have taken the each of the girls to the castle for their birthday dinners. I don't think our DGS is going to find the same magic with the princesses.
What would your suggestions be for a special meal for a 5 year old boy? We'll be going in June. He is very easy going, eats anything, loves spiderman and pirates.
What are your thoughts?

Get a Pirate's League makeover (CLICK) and take a Pirates and Pals Cruise (CLICK) on the water to see the MK fireworks.

Thanks! Thoses are great ideas. Any ideas about a restaurant, maybe a character meal boys would be interested in?

Any ideas about a restaurant, maybe a character meal boys would be interested in?

Not a character meal, but a very entertaining dinner SHOW that is fun for all ages.

Hoo Dee Doo Revue (CLICK)

The Hoop is one of the longest running, and most popular, shows at Walt Disney World.

My boys love T-Rex. We've been going every year since they opened T-Rex and every year when we start planning ADR's, they say "Don't forget T-Rex!" and 2 of them are in college now!

My son is the one who begs to eat in the castle each trip. Just sayin'!

If he's a fan of Disney Junior, you could do the H&V meal at DHS--Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates is there. They also have the Jedi Training Academy at DHS if he's a Star Wars fan. Last year, they did two Star Wars themed character meals at DHS during the weeks that coincided with Star Wars weekends (not just on the weekends, but during the week), so if you're going next June, those might be possibilities as well.

ETA: Captain Jack Sparrow also does a Pirate Tutorial several times/day in the MK. Participants are picked from the crowd (so there's no way to sign up) but it's fun to watch regardless.

Oh, and if you're willing to go over to Universal, at Island of Adventure they have a Spiderman ride and I believe Marvel superhero meet & greets.

We were in Disney for my nephews 5th, 7th, 10th and we'll be there for his 11th next month. We've done Crystal Palace x 2, T-Rex, and planning ohana this year. He's always been a huge pooh fan, hence the CP visits.

He's loved going to the hoop dee Doo too. I'm sure whatever you do will be a blast.

If you want to do all of the birthday events in one day, I, too, would recommend The Pirate's League in MK, followed by dinner at Chef Mickey's at CR. You could then do the Pirates and Pals cruise after dinner, which leaves from CR, so you will already be at that resort if you eat at Chef Mickey's. We've done all of these with DS (who is now 7) and he LOVED them.

There are also children's pirate cruises that leave from YC, CBR, GF and POR, but they are for children only.

My son has celebrated his birthday every year at wdw for the last seven years started when he was 5. He always requests Winnie the Pooh and friends for breakfast at the crystal palace and chef mickeys for dinner.

We did my DD16th birthday at CM, I ordered her a surprise custom cake to be brought out to our table, they brought it out when Mickey came to our table. She was so surprised and loved it. It has been by far one of the best things I have done at Disney. Of course we had a girly (buy not to girly) cake made but they are soooo good to try to make what your hearts desire. Go over to the food thread, there is a cake thread there and you can get some ideas if you are interested in this idea. After they delivered the cake, Mickey was there and we did Birthday pics with Mickey, it was great and would do it again.

Thank you for all your ideas! I had completely forgotten about Hoop De Do! I think that is a must. The pirate cruise would be right up his alley too. Thanks for all the choices! I know he'll be excited just to be at disney. Every week he and his sister ( who went for her 5th birthday 2 years ago) remind us that he is going to be 5 and "don't you want to plan my surprise?"

Chef mickeys is our favorite character meal. Tusker house is a good option and I would second pirates league. They do a fantastic job

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter