• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

#5-Star Wars fans are nuts! Really!!!

hunnypotmama

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
We were awakened bright and early by Stitch (go away Stitch! I want my plain ol' Mickey wakeup calls back!), and after showering and dressing (I'd bought the kids matching Star Wars t-shirts to wear for today), and getting all our stuff together, we went down to the lobby to Yacht Club Galley for breakfast. It was really nice. We got eggs and pancakes and fried potatoes. Everything was delicious, plus I got the prettiest glass of pink grapefruit juice I'd ever seen...yummy! Plus we got the 20% Disney Dining Experience discount and you can't beat that.

We walked out the back of the resort and caught the ferry ride to MGM. We got there around 8:45 or so, and noticed that approximately 49,000 other people had the same idea. What, do you mean THIS many people come for Star Wars Weekend? Geez I thought we had an original idea here! I got my bag searched and we stood in line. Storm troopers were on top of the entry way! They were everywhere!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v33/dizneychick/?action=view&current=DSC01091.jpg

We finally got into the park and went straight for Star Tours, natch. DH and DD9 went to stand in line to get someone's autograph (the young Bobba Fett) and DS5 and I went to ride the ride. Luckily, all the Star Wars fans were not there to ride the ride, they were just there for the autographs, the pins, the posters and other merchandise. So we rode the ride 3 times that day I believe. Every time we got off the ride, going through the Star Tours shop was completely unreal! Many many people were buying things, and they apparently didn't care how long the lines for the registers were, they were standing in lines curving all the way around the store and all the way out the door! There was also a huge line of people waiting in line for some type of collectible pins. Wow.

After riding Star Tours 2 or 3 times, we decided to get the heck out of this crazy zone and go to Rock 'N Roller Coaster. Guess what! DD9 decided to try it! She rode it with DH. She came out of there laughing and grinning and wanting to ride it again! I couldn't believe it! This was the girl who used to be terrified of Goofy's Go-Coaster, so she's grown up a lot! She rode it with me after that, (we had fastpasses so there wasn't any wait). Cool! I think that must be the first time I've ever ridden it with anyone, DH and I used to always take turns before. Oh and the picture? Her face was completely terrified, but she loved the ride! I was in shock!

We made our way over to the Magic of Animation which we had never seen before and it was really cute. Of course, the main draw for us here was the Incredibles characters being right outside in the courtyard. But guess what! DS5 decided he didn't want anywhere near them! I couldn't believe it! He adores the Incredibles! Oh well I guess they did look kinda big and intimidating. DD9 got her pic taken with them.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v33/dizneychick/?action=view&current=DSC01120.jpg

We watched the new stunt show after this which was really cool, but I had no idea that stadium was so HUGE! It holds approximately one million people and there were that many people there that day, which was weird. I was completely jealous of the family sitting behind us, because they came prepared knowing they would be hungry at this point in the day, so they were handing out sandwiches and juice boxes to their kids. Wonder if one of my kids turned around and looked at them with a really thirsty, pitiful look, if they'd give us a juice box too? Oh well.

After this, we went for a snack. I got a hot cinnamon pretzel which was awesome and I looked for one in MK later on in the week and never found one, so I guess they just have them at MGM? Really really tasty. The kids got Mickey ice creams. We also got about 10 bottles of water (I have quit drinking soda (again) and so I drank bottle after bottle of water while we were there). While we were sitting on the streets of NYC enjoying our snacks, who pulls up but the Power Rangers! OMG, DS, look at that! It's your favorite cartoon character super heros, the Power Rangers!! Nothing doing. He didn't want anything to do with them! Couldn't believe it. Don't know what happened with him and characters, but I noticed any *new* characters were totally scary to him. He did hug Mickey and Goofy this week, but he's seen them before, so they were familiar.

We did Muppets. DS5 absolutely refused to see Little Mermaid (shoot! that's my favorite show!!!). We rode Star Tours again and I was noticing more and more nutty Star Wars fans who were dressed in big, long, hot, long sleeve COSTUMES. How did they stand that? It must've been 100 degrees that day! DD9 wanted to do "Sounds Dangerous" that cute sound show with Drew Carey, but it wasn't running that day. We decided to head on over to Sci Fi Diner and see if we could be seated early for dinner. We did and we were! Yay. We were all pooped by this point and sitting down in the nice cool dark watching the scary movie previews was like heaven. I got my standard cajun catfish sandwich (actually it is only on the lunch menu and not on the dinner menu, but they made it for me anyway). Everyone but me got shakes (I've tried to really cute back on dairy-so I missed out!). We all talked about going back to the hotel and DD9 decided to skip her late afternoon PS for the autograph with the young Bobba Fett, so we grabbed the ferry boat back to the YC and were back by 6:30 or so.

Next up: 'Ohana for breakfast! Hey, get your hands off my pineapple bread!!!!

Great reports and TONS of info! I hope my DS will get his pic taken with the Incredibles as the are his current fav. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter