5 songs..... join in.

My fourteen year old son got Guitar Hero III for Christmas. He's been playing it almost non stop. The other day he comes in and says to me, "You've got to hear this great song. It's so good I want to download the original." You guessed it: Paint It Black. I said to him, "Do you realize that song's 42 years old?" :rotfl2: I love that my kids are lovin' the OLD stuff!

LOL - yeah, my DSS just came into our office yesterday evening looking for help finding "that cool song from the movie Miracle". We weren't sure what he was talking about, but after a search on Amazon, it turned out to be Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith. Unfortunately, he wasted 99¢ on it on iTunes, as his DF and I both have copies of it on our machines. But, at least he has good taste. :)

Ah Karen, I knew there was reason we got along so well, I LOVE this song!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's on my Ipod too!

LOL - too funny! It is a great song, but that was one of the cheesiest shows of all time, even for the 80's, LOL. Hard not to sing along when this one comes up.

OK, this is funny - I just decided to try it again for grins. Here's the list:

I Saw the Light - Wynonna - I used to be a big country fan in late high school and in college, so this song was big then. I don't listen to country much anymore, but I still like those songs every now and then.

Smashing Young Man - Collective Soul - good song on a really good album, although my favorite of theirs is still Shine.

Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith - see, I really do have this MP3, LOL

Confessions - Violent Femmes - bought this album for Blister in the Sun

The Blues Don't Bother Me - Matt "Guitar" Murphy - Blues Brothers 2000 soundtrack - they tried to be quirky like the original, but it came off as cheesy and lame. However, I love the soundtrack.

That was fun, I'm doing it again.

Lazy Eye- Silversun Pickups
The Leaving Song- AFI
Bittersweet Faith- Bitter:Sweet
Diary of Jane (acoustic)- Breaking Benjamin
Harder Better Faster Stronger- Daft Punk

We're all addicted. :laughing:

Here's my second list:

1. Russell Watson- Where My Heart Will Take Me (Theme to Star Trek: Enterprise). Heard the theme, had to have the song.

2. Newsboys- I Am Free. Another case where it was on a "Various Artists" CD.

3. Topsy Turvy from The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Disney). Got all the Disney songs I could find.

4. Jaci Velasquez- Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! My Christmas playlist isn't gone yet. :lmao:

5. Multiple Jacks from the POTC3 soundtrack. As to why it's on the iPod... duh! :teeth:

Darn, just had to do it again. :rolleyes:

1. True to Your Heart from the end credits of Mulan. See Topsy Turvy, above. ;)

2. Palpatine's Teachings from the Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith soundtrack. Love all of John Williams' music, especially Star Wars.

3. Newsboys- Shine. I ADORE this song for some reason; it's my top played song. :rotfl:

4. Casting Crowns- American Dream. Casting Crowns is my favorite band of all time. :thumbsup2

5. Weird Al Yankovic- Gotta Boogie. :rolleyes:

This is so fun! Here is mine!

1. I Wanna Be your underwear -Bryan Adams
2. Shoot to Thrill- AC/DC
3. Now that I found you - Alison Krauss
4. Tequila Sunrise - Eagles
5. Thank You For Lovin Me - Bon Jovi

Happy Working Song - Enchanted soundtrack
Wind it Up - Gwen Stefani
Stronger - Kanye West
Spectromagic Parade - :)
So Yesterday - Hilary Duff

One more time:cool1:

1. Metallica - Nothin Else Matters
2. Kanye West - Stronger
3. Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight
4. Lollipop - Aqua
5. What it's like - Everlast

1) The Glory of Love - Bette Midler- Beaches Soundrack
2)Hello Beastie - Hans Zimmer - Pirates of....- I honestly can't claim this one...My husband decided one night that he had to have the sountrack on my itunes immediately!
3) No Good Deed- Idina Meznel- Wicked
4)Big Mistake- Natalie Imbuglia
5)Bet on it- High School Musical- Funny story, My 5 year old cousin was singing this one day and I joined in and he looked at me with these huge eyes and asked "How do YOU know this song???"

One last time before bed:

They Don't Know Astros Remix - Paul Wall (I'm a Braves fan FWIW)
You'll Be Coming Down - Bruce Springsteen
Baby Love - The Supremes
Holla Back - Fabolous
Michelle Post - Hootie and the Blowfish

Turn to Stone, Electric Light Orchestra
Blackbird, the Beatles
Lavender Blue, Burl Ives
Stairway to Heaven, Led Zeppelin
Adia, Sarah McLachlan

I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blues - Elton John
Eres Tu - Mocedades
You'll Accomp'ny Me - Bob Seger
Time to Say Goodbye - Andrea Bocelli w/ Sarah Brightman
The film score from The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

1. Cant Buy Me Love- the Beatles. I have all of the Beatles albums on my MP3, so they make up a decent size fraction of my total songs.

2. Her Majesty- the Beatles. See above.

3. I've Been Waiting- Matthew Sweet. Good late 80's/early 90's stuff.

4. Liar- the Cranberries. See above.

5. Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride- Jump 5. I have lots of Disney music downloaded, too. I wonder why?? :lmao:

Lost Highway- Bon Jovi
Stronger- Kanye West
Our Song- Taylor Swift
Crashed- Daughtry
Both Sides Now- Joni Mitchell

Kind of a weird combo, I know. I have very eclectic taste in music!

OK, I'm doing it again!! This is fun...

1. Larry Munson- commentary from the '84 UGA-Clemson game where UGA kicker Kevin Butler made a 60-yd field goal to win the game. Great memory- my very first time seeing a UGA game. It was my Freshman year, and I still remember it so well!

2. Kasabian- Club Foot. A techno/dance song my DH discovered.

3. Barenaked Ladies- Blame It On Me

4. Adam Ant- Puss'n Boots. Loooove Adma Ant!!!

5. Indigo Girls- Southland In the Springtime. Chokes me up- favorite line- "When God made me born a Yankee, he was teasin'..." I am a northern-born "transplanted Southerner", too.

Here's my 2nd go at this.

6:00 -- Dream Theater
Somebody -- Bryan Adams
There was a Little Boy -- Kevin Gilbert/Toy Matinee
Alive - Pearl Jam
Curryclub -- Geoffrey Downes

1. Roots To Branches - Jethro Tull, from the album by the same name - a TERRIFIC Tull album.

2. Wonderful Tonight (Live) - Eric Clapton, from the Crossroads 2: Live in the Seventies collection

3. Spider Fingers - Bruce Hornsby, from the Hot House album

4. Farandole - Bob James, from Restoration (Bob James greatest hits)

5. You're the Inspiration - Chicago, from their Greatest Hits CD

5 Most Popular songs in my Zen:

1) Tom Sawyer - Rush
2) Crazy Train - Ozzy
3) Princes of the Universe - Queen
4) More Than A Feeling - Boston
5) Point Of No Return - Kansas

:)

Here's mine...

Home - Breaking Benjamin

Lit Up - Buckcherry

Little Red Corvette - Prince

Fire and Rain - James Taylor

Tempted - Squeeze

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter